View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:57 pm



Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet 
Author Message
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21598
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
10acjed wrote:
I dont understand why there are Jet fans, I mean there are 31 other teams in the NFL to root for, why do these people like the Jets?

Im a Jetaphobic....


That was stupid and ignorant.

You should go into counseling to better understand why Jets fans have this "condition".

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:48 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
Rich wrote:
10acjed wrote:
I dont understand why there are Jet fans, I mean there are 31 other teams in the NFL to root for, why do these people like the Jets?

Im a Jetaphobic....


That was stupid and ignorant.

You should go into counseling to better understand why Jets fans have this "condition".

:)


Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:52 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 80
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
10acjed wrote:
I dont understand why there are Jet fans, I mean there are 31 other teams in the NFL to root for, why do these people like the Jets?

Im a Jetaphobic....


Now that's funny...

All kidding aside, I think it's a mountain made out of molehill... Not as big of a deal as what some wanna make it. JMO...


Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:58 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21598
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
Rock Sexton wrote:
It's not just that part of it specifically. It's the "SMH" applied to the end of the sentence. It's connatation is always negative. It's the equivalent of a facepalm.


I'm not really a fan of Twitter and am behind on the acronyms. I used to think SMH meant something else... and if it meant that something else, it would have made Mike Wallace's tweet much weirder.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:58 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21598
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
cboy72 wrote:
I think it's a mountain made out of molehill... Not as big of a deal as what some wanna make it. JMO...


Yep, that being said, I can see what Rock is saying by sticking by what he said.

At some point, someone is going to have to say something that people view as ignorant and just stick to it.

The PC Police has taken this country over.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:00 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:38 pm
Posts: 481
Location: Miami, Fl
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
Rich wrote:
TheCarver13 wrote:
We do have a 1st Amendment, but I made it very clear when I said "pro athletes" should delete their twitter accounts, because it is unneeded attention and distractions.


That's not solely the fault of the pro athlete. There is the public and the media to blame. Often times, things are said, then twisted or taken out of context.

THAT is a threat to freedom of speech.

Quote:
There is research that suggests that gay people may have hormonal imbalances


Straight people have hormonal imbalances. It's called puberty. Maybe you went through it.

Women have hormonal imbalances, it is called menstruation and menopause. It seems like you went through that for sure.

Quote:
I mean why is it hard to understand that a person could have been born that way or has a condition. So the only ignorant person is you. Open your mind, not everything is black and white. Not every gay man just chose to be gay. Educate yourself because clearly you are not...


I'm fully aware that there is evidence of gay people being born that way. I don't recall ever saying otherwise. If you can find where I did, please do so. Otherwise, save your insults for youself.

Calling it a "condition" is what is ignorant. That would be what you did.

He wrote it himself, the "media" or "public" clearly did not "twist" up his words lmao. Just because you have freedom of speech does not mean that everything you say is ok. Using the "N" word is not right, that is just one example. But since we have the 1st Amendment than I guess you would be ok with it lmao.

Not even going into the whole hormonal imbalance comment you made because obviously that was just you trying to find a way to offend me over the internet lmao. I don't get offended easily, maybe you have weak skin that you believe you would strike a nerve or something lol.

If you are "fully aware that there is evidence of gay people being born that way," then why did you say earlier "Sorry, but I agree with him. I don't understand homosexuality either," clearly you are contradicting yourself.

As far as the insults go, you fired first the moment you said I sounded ignorant. If you ask me that is being hypocritical.

But back to the topic, I can care less what another man says on his twitter account, but Mike Wallace and other Dolphin players should just be more cautious of the things they say on twitter. Why risk your reputation? I just don't see the point of it, like I said, some things are better left unsaid!


Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:03 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5842
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
TheCarver13 wrote:
But back to the topic, I can care less what another man says on his twitter account, but Mike Wallace and other Dolphin players should just be more cautious of the things they say on twitter. Why risk your reputation? I just don't see the point of it, like I said, some things are better left unsaid!


I think this is what Rich is speaking to. Mike Wallace and every other Dolphin was signed to contribute to a winning football team. Why should they care if what they say is viewed under a microscope? His reputation is on the football field.

Unless what they are saying creates division in the workplace or hurts fan attendance then who really cares? If what he says bothers someone so badly then they don't have to cheer for him or the Dolphins.


Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:10 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:38 pm
Posts: 481
Location: Miami, Fl
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
jammer wrote:
TheCarver13 wrote:
But back to the topic, I can care less what another man says on his twitter account, but Mike Wallace and other Dolphin players should just be more cautious of the things they say on twitter. Why risk your reputation? I just don't see the point of it, like I said, some things are better left unsaid!


I think this is what Rich is speaking to. Mike Wallace and every other Dolphin was signed to contribute to a winning football team. Why should they care if what they say is viewed under a microscope? His reputation is on the football field.

Unless what they are saying creates division in the workplace or hurts fan attendance then who really cares? If what he says bothers someone so badly then they don't have to cheer for him or the Dolphins.

How do you not know that there is any Dolphin players or staff members that are gay? I am sure that some players could have a family member or members that are gay. That alone could cause some bad locker room vibes or affect team chemistry... who knows? It's not that simple.


Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:15 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21598
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
TheCarver13 wrote:
He wrote it himself, the "media" or "public" clearly did not "twist" up his words lmao. Just because you have freedom of speech does not mean that everything you say is ok. Using the "N" word is not right, that is just one example. But since we have the 1st Amendment than I guess you would be ok with it lmao.


Yes, let's compare using racial slurs created by slave owners who oppressed an entire race of people to a guy saying he doesn't understand how a man couldn't want a beautiful woman.

You are an example of rational objectivity.

Quote:
Not even going into the whole hormonal imbalance comment you made because obviously that was just you trying to find a way to offend me over the internet lmao.


I'm just treating you like you treated me.

Quote:
If you are "fully aware that there is evidence of gay people being born that way," then why did you say earlier "Sorry, but I agree with him. I don't understand homosexuality either," clearly you are contradicting yourself.


I don't see what one has to do with the other. Should I understand schizophrenics or autistic children? I didn't realize I had to be an expert in everything to know some things.

Quote:
As far as the insults go, you fired first the moment you said I sounded ignorant. If you ask me that is being hypocritical.


So saying that something you said sounded ignorant is grounds for participating in personal attacks?

I pointed out something you said, I didn't attack you. Big difference.

Quote:
some things are better left unsaid!


How do you think a gay person would feel if they were told they had a "condition"?

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:22 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21598
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
TheCarver13 wrote:
How do you not know that there is any Dolphin players or staff members that are gay? I am sure that some players could have a family member or members that are gay. That alone could cause some bad locker room vibes or affect team chemistry... who knows? It's not that simple.


Then they should approach him about it and try to understand what he was trying to say rather than running away with an assumption.

He said he didn't understand... then explain it to him.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:24 pm
Profile
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:10 am
Posts: 498
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
Not homophobic at all, he doesn't understand it, so what?

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:31 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5641
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
ytnewton wrote:
Not homophobic at all, he doesn't understand it, so what?


That's fine. But he shouldn't shake his head at people for something he doesn't understand.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:40 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 4769
Location: Houston, Texas
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
Look, I do NOT condone disrespecting other people's opinions or beliefs, but IMO, this is a very touchy topic as we all know, but I also know people jump all over making this into WAY more than it needs to be just to make even more controversy out of it.

He put a comment out that is now being interpreted by many different folks. For me, I choose not to blow this up into more. Social Media for better or worse does create slip ups too and none of us know where he was really going with the comment made, but he did retract it and apologized IF he offended anyone. That is good enough to me as we are all not perfect anyway, except for maybe the NFLJunkie :ann0y:


Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:43 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5842
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
TheCarver13 wrote:
jammer wrote:
TheCarver13 wrote:
But back to the topic, I can care less what another man says on his twitter account, but Mike Wallace and other Dolphin players should just be more cautious of the things they say on twitter. Why risk your reputation? I just don't see the point of it, like I said, some things are better left unsaid!


I think this is what Rich is speaking to. Mike Wallace and every other Dolphin was signed to contribute to a winning football team. Why should they care if what they say is viewed under a microscope? His reputation is on the football field.

Unless what they are saying creates division in the workplace or hurts fan attendance then who really cares? If what he says bothers someone so badly then they don't have to cheer for him or the Dolphins.

How do you not know that there is any Dolphin players or staff members that are gay? I am sure that some players could have a family member or members that are gay. That alone could cause some bad locker room vibes or affect team chemistry... who knows? It's not that simple.


Umm, didn't I say if it creates division in the workplace? Let them address it in a personal manner rather than you or anyone here reading him the riot act.


Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:45 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21598
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
Rock Sexton wrote:
ytnewton wrote:
Not homophobic at all, he doesn't understand it, so what?


That's fine. But he shouldn't shake his head at people for something he doesn't understand.


Why not? That would be a common reaction when something happens that someone doesn't understand.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:51 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5641
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
Rich wrote:
Why not? That would be a common reaction when something happens that someone doesn't understand.


Because it's a sign of "disappointment" .... how can one be disappointed in something they do not understand?

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:52 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21598
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
Finhead34 wrote:
but he did retract it and apologized IF he offended anyone.


It doesn't matter.

We cannot acknowledge his retraction and apology. We'd rather rally in front of his house with pitchforks and posters of him with a swastika on his forehead.

As far as we, defenders of tolerance are concerned, there is ZERO TOLERANCE!!

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:54 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5641
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
Rich wrote:
It doesn't matter.

We cannot acknowledge his retraction and apology. We'd rather rally in front of his house with pitchforks and posters of him with a swastika on his forehead.


Nah, we'd rally in front of his house with excessive use of sarcasm and exaggeration.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:56 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21598
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
Rock Sexton wrote:
Rich wrote:
Why not? That would be a common reaction when something happens that someone doesn't understand.


Because it's a sign of "disappointment" .... how can one be disappointed in something they do not understand?


He may be disappointed, he may be disgusted, or he may simply not get it.

Shaking of one's head is not solely a sign of digust or disappointment. That is simply your interpretation of it.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:56 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:38 pm
Posts: 481
Location: Miami, Fl
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
Lmao "personal attacks" Rich? Yea I got so personal, I simply called you the same term u deemed me first and said to educate yourself on a subject matter before saying you don't understand it. But I'm not the one to go into a back and forth debate on something that none of us can change and clearly nome of us are God lol. If offended you, it wasn't my intention. My intentions on here is to talk Dolphins...


Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:57 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21598
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
Rock Sexton wrote:
Rich wrote:
It doesn't matter.

We cannot acknowledge his retraction and apology. We'd rather rally in front of his house with pitchforks and posters of him with a swastika on his forehead.


Nah, we'd rally in front of his house with excessive use of sarcasm and exaggeration.


I noticed you didn't SYH. Maybe that's because you understand sarcasm and exaggeration seeing as how you use it frequently.

Interesting how it only bothers you when others do it.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:58 pm
Profile
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:10 am
Posts: 498
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
Rock Sexton wrote:
ytnewton wrote:
Not homophobic at all, he doesn't understand it, so what?


That's fine. But he shouldn't shake his head at people for something he doesn't understand.


You are entitled to your opinion. Much ado about nothing, SMH.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:58 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5641
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
Rich wrote:
He may be disappointed, he may be disgusted, or he may simply not get it.

Shaking of one's head is not solely a sign of digust or disappointment. That is simply your interpretation of it.


So then again, why post something on twitter that could potentially be devisive if your comments need more explaining to interpret something potentially antagonizing as SMH?

_________________
Image


Last edited by Rock Sexton on Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:59 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21598
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
TheCarver13 wrote:
I simply called you the same term u deemed me first


I didn't deem you anything. I said a word you used sounded ignorant and you got personal.

But you don't have thin skin.

Get over it.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:00 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5641
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
Rich wrote:
I noticed you didn't SYH. Maybe that's because you understand sarcasm and exaggeration seeing as how you use it frequently.

Interesting how it only bothers you when others do it.


Ah yes .... and then the times you complain about me using it.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:01 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21598
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
Rock Sexton wrote:
So then again, why post something on twitter that could potentially be devisive if your comments need more explaining to interpret something potentially antagonizing as SMH?


Obviously he didn't think it would be divisive.

There are such things as making mistakes or doing things and getting unexpected results.

It happens all the time, it doesn't make one nefarious or evil or bigoted.

I mean, do you consider yourself nefarious or evil or bigoted considering all you do is come here and antagonize people you disagree with to the point that you got an award for it... and then continued with the antagonizing as a result?

Probably not.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:03 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21598
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
Rock Sexton wrote:
Rich wrote:
I noticed you didn't SYH. Maybe that's because you understand sarcasm and exaggeration seeing as how you use it frequently.

Interesting how it only bothers you when others do it.


Ah yes .... and then the times you complain about me using it.


I do? Show me where.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:03 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm
Posts: 955
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
How many of us are straight... and of us.. How many of us can truly say we understand homosexuality.


Exactly. This is such a non story.

The SMH thing could mean a million things. Maybe he was shaking his head.. because like MOST straight men. He doesn't understand it. The truth is.. as he said. He isn't saying there is anything wrong with it.. but rather he didn't understand it. And there is nothing wrong with that IMO.

This country is becoming way to PC. He should not be afraid to voice his opinion about a lack of understanding.. when in no way was he really showing intolerance. Just a lack of knowing.

Frankly.. I'm more disgusted that news organizations are running with this like its a story.. SMH

_________________
Image


Last edited by hypocritex on Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:04 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:38 pm
Posts: 481
Location: Miami, Fl
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
Rich wrote:
TheCarver13 wrote:
I simply called you the same term u deemed me first


I didn't deem you anything. I said a word you used sounded ignorant and you got personal.

But you don't have thin skin.

Get over it.

Lmao I get it now, you were that kid in highschool that got picked on. Acting tough on the Internet doesn't make you big. You were still that kid...


Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:04 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3875
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
The fact that it's causing a 60 post back and forth about it is reason enough for it not to be said.

We don't need to hear everyone's inner thoughts all the time... and it's exactly what social media is becoming.

I love the idea of social media for keeping in touch with distance friends, posting pictures of something you're proud of or some fun time you just had. I love social media and everything it has allowed us to do... but one thing I can absolutely not stand is the fact that more often than not, people just don't think before they post.

It's "in the moment" posting that turns into these huge debates. It takes no more than the time it took him to type that to actually think about it and say to himself... "Am I going to offend someone here?".

Yes, Rich, I agree with you that people are trying way too hard to be politically correct in this society... and that's frustrating. At the same time though, accountability has to be held at some point in time. Maybe it's my own personal issues I have to deal with that make me feel this way, but I see it everywhere... especially at work... it's a society of "freedom of speech" as an excuse rather than a right.

*whew*... now im tired from typing that...


Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:05 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21598
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
TheCarver13 wrote:
Lmao I get it now, you were that kid in highschool that got picked on. Acting tough on the Internet doesn't make you big. You were still that kid...


Yes, you got it. Man you're a smart dude! :yay:

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:06 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3875
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
hypocritex wrote:
How many of us are straight... and of us.. How many of us can truly say we understand homosexuality.


I am straight and I understand it. Quite frankly i dont think there's much to understand. Some people are attracted to the same sex... and if that's what makes them happy then so be it.


Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:06 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5641
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
Rich wrote:
Obviously he didn't think it would be divisive.

There are such things as making mistakes or doing things and getting unexpected results.

It happens all the time, it doesn't make one nefarious or evil or bigoted.

I mean, do you consider yourself nefarious or evil or bigoted considering all you do is come here and antagonize people you disagree with to the point that you got an award for it... and then continued with the antagonizing as a result?

Probably not.


No, I got an award for being a pessimist not for antagonism.

Whether you consider me an antagonizer is irrelevant though considering the source. Thanks though, we should go down this road another 1,000 times. When you clean up your own act come talk to me about cleaning up mine.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:07 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21598
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
IamPZ wrote:
The fact that it's causing a 60 post back and forth about it is reason enough for it not to be said.


Damn, they should ban the NFL Draft them...

Quote:
We don't need to hear everyone's inner thoughts all the time... and it's exactly what social media is becoming.


You have the option to not hear anyone's inner thoughts. You have a choice, it is not being forced on you.

I for one don't have a Twitter account because I find the entire thing pointless, so I ignore it (except for the Twitter feed on the Phins.com News Wire).

Quote:
but one thing I can absolutely not stand is the fact that more often than not, people just don't think before they post.


So you can't stand yourself then?

Quote:
At the same time though, accountability has to be held at some point in time.


Who holds the people that twist what other people say and turn a molehill into a mountain accountable?

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:10 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5641
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
IamPZ wrote:
The fact that it's causing a 60 post back and forth about it is reason enough for it not to be said.

We don't need to hear everyone's inner thoughts all the time... and it's exactly what social media is becoming.

It's "in the moment" posting that turns into these huge debates. It takes no more than the time it took him to type that to actually think about it and say to himself... "Am I going to offend someone here?".


Of course he didn't ask himself that. He doesn't have tact or apparently "awareness" of the environment in which he's submitting a potentially devisive comment. That doesn't make him a baby killer or a genocidal maniac, but his tweet is a reflection of what is wrong with social media.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:10 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm
Posts: 955
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
IamPZ wrote:
hypocritex wrote:
How many of us are straight... and of us.. How many of us can truly say we understand homosexuality.


I am straight and I understand it. Quite frankly i dont think there's much to understand. Some people are attracted to the same sex... and if that's what makes them happy then so be it.


Just because you understand the face value of what something is. Doesnt mean you truly understand it.

Saying as much.. is not a crime. This is America.

_________________
Image


Last edited by hypocritex on Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:10 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21598
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
Rock Sexton wrote:
No, I got an award for being a pessimist not for antagonism.


Is that what you think....

Quote:
When you clean up your own act come talk to me about cleaning up mine.


Not criticizing you or telling you to clean up yours, just pointing out the hypocrisy in your criticism by using the facts.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:11 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21598
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
Rock Sexton wrote:
He doesn't have tact or apparently "awareness" of the environment in which he's submitting a potentially devisive comment.


Seriously, I have to laugh, with the approach that you use on these forums, that you're criticizing someone else for lacking tact or awareness...

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:12 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3875
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
Rich wrote:
IamPZ wrote:
The fact that it's causing a 60 post back and forth about it is reason enough for it not to be said.


Damn, they should ban the NFL Draft them...

Quote:
We don't need to hear everyone's inner thoughts all the time... and it's exactly what social media is becoming.


You have the option to not hear anyone's inner thoughts. You have a choice, it is not being forced on you.

I for one don't have a Twitter account because I find the entire thing pointless, so I ignore it (except for the Twitter feed on the Phins.com News Wire).

Quote:
but one thing I can absolutely not stand is the fact that more often than not, people just don't think before they post.


So you can't stand yourself then?

Quote:
At the same time though, accountability has to be held at some point in time.


Who holds the people that twist what other people say and turn a molehill into a mountain accountable?


Wow spark the hypocrite again. You sit here and go back and forth with people about personal attacks all day long but you're one of the worst offenders. Just to make things fair I'll be reporting you for your comment. Good day chief.


Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:12 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5641
Post Re: Mike Wallace with a stupid homophobic tweet
hypocritex wrote:
This is America.


Image

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:12 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.