Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:17 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 782
....as far as the media is concerned! Lamar Miller will be this years breakout nfl player ala Arian Foster 2 years ago!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7khPECxI ... ata_player


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:40 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am
Posts: 1855
Location: Lakeland, Fl
Lamar Miller needs to rush for 1000 yards this year for Miami to be successful.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:24 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 782
bobby0112 wrote:
Lamar Miller needs to rush for 1000 yards this year for Miami to be successful.


Yes I agree but I think he rushes for 1400 while Gilleslee chips in 500 rushing and 500 receiving!


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:40 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:05 am
Posts: 863
Location: Mount Vernon, Iowa
Frankly, I'd be SHOCKED if Miller ran for 1400 yards this season. That would put him in the top 6 (based upon last years stats), and I just don't think he's there yet.

_________________
www.aspoonfulofsports.blogspot.com
www.aspoonfulofsports.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm
Posts: 1035
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Just hope he hits 1000. Lets be realistic.

I think people should be talking about Brent Grimes. Comeback player of the year.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:12 am 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11202
Location: Lancaster, PA
Love Miller. I think he'll rumble for 1200. We should have great balance.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:56 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 5323
Location: Wellington, FL
Id be happy and a bit surprised if he hits 1000 myself, not so much based on him but on the o-line. We struggled last year rushing, as a team we only broke 100 yards in 6 games. So to think now suddenly that is all fixed and we are a strong rushing team.. not going to drink that kool aide just yet..

_________________
Caution: Reply may contain sarcasm


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:24 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:22 am
Posts: 1480
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Good sleeper pick in fantasy football.

_________________
Don't give up. Don't ever give up." - Jim Valvano


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:23 am 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 4755
Phins don't seem to let their running backs get all that many carries per game. Prefer RB by committee. Whichever RB turns out to be the starter probably will not get much over 1000 if that imo.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:36 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 4304
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
If that. They seem to be built for passing this year. 2 scat backs and new WRs.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24725
Location: Miami, FL
Ski_Money wrote:
If that. They seem to be built for passing this year. 2 scat backs and new WRs.


Who are these two scat backs? I haven't heard of them.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:29 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am
Posts: 1855
Location: Lakeland, Fl
10acjed wrote:
Id be happy and a bit surprised if he hits 1000 myself, not so much based on him but on the o-line. We struggled last year rushing, as a team we only broke 100 yards in 6 games. So to think now suddenly that is all fixed and we are a strong rushing team.. not going to drink that kool aide just yet..


Adding Wallace and Keller to the lineup will help the running game. Just by running Wallace on deep routes will cause a lot of double coverage including one of the safeties. Defenses will no longer be able to stack 8 in the box and dare Tannehill to beat them with the pass. Having a fast deep threat and a TE that can create separation will cause defenses to back up and play the entire field. I think Miami will have a very balanced offensive game plan this year.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 3268
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Rich wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:
If that. They seem to be built for passing this year. 2 scat backs and new WRs.


Who are these two scat backs? I haven't heard of them.


Lamar has the capabilities of having that type of game, the verdict is still out on Gillislee though, dude only played 1 year as a starter with the Gators. I'm hoping he will be more of that bruiser back we will need on short yard situations, we all know Thomas is not our guy. I was pretty surprised to see DT involved in the uniform unveiling, I got to admit, that was pretty darn funny.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:23 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
All I'm looking for out of Miller and Gillislee this season is that they both rush for over 4.5 yards per carry and rack up more than 10 touchdowns between the two of them on the ground. If they do that, it will take a ton of pressure off of Tannehill and really help the offense.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:44 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 782
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Rich wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:
If that. They seem to be built for passing this year. 2 scat backs and new WRs.


Who are these two scat backs? I haven't heard of them.


Lamar has the capabilities of having that type of game, the verdict is still out on Gillislee though, dude only played 1 year as a starter with the Gators. I'm hoping he will be more of that bruiser back we will need on short yard situations, we all know Thomas is not our guy. I was pretty surprised to see DT involved in the uniform unveiling, I got to admit, that was pretty darn funny.


Gilleslee is not a bruiser but his vision is excellent so he can get the tough yardage by hitting the proper hole and hitting it quickly!
The guy is so smooth and deceptively fast....I think him and Lamar compliment each other very well it's going to be exciting this year if our Oline does their job!


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 3268
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
MdDolfan wrote:
Gilleslee is not a bruiser but his vision is excellent so he can get the tough yardage by hitting the proper hole and hitting it quickly!
The guy is so smooth and deceptively fast....I think him and Lamar compliment each other very well it's going to be exciting this year if our Oline does their job!


I agree. I think the offensive line will be the biggest factor in determining how fluid our run game will be this season. We have been alright in pass protection the past few seasons, but well below average in protecting the run.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:28 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:58 am
Posts: 1646
Ski_Money wrote:
If that. They seem to be built for passing this year. 2 scat backs and new WRs.


It's a passing league

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:32 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24725
Location: Miami, FL
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Rich wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:
If that. They seem to be built for passing this year. 2 scat backs and new WRs.


Who are these two scat backs? I haven't heard of them.


Lamar has the capabilities of having that type of game, the verdict is still out on Gillislee though, dude only played 1 year as a starter with the Gators. I'm hoping he will be more of that bruiser back we will need on short yard situations, we all know Thomas is not our guy. I was pretty surprised to see DT involved in the uniform unveiling, I got to admit, that was pretty darn funny.


Miller weights 220 lbs. A little too big to be a scat back. Same with Gillislee at 210.

When I think of scat back, I think of John Avery, maybe even Reggie Bush at 200 lbs flat.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:54 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:43 am
Posts: 224
I don't think the question about Miller is "Can the rush for 1000 yds", but "Can he pass pro for Tanny". That will determine, to me, how good a year Miller has or does not have...

Secondly, I don't think Millier is the "Guy Nobody's Talking About". At this point, he's it by default and there's been a lot of talk on several different boards, particularly after we didn't really make a concerted effort to upgrade the position, even tho they drafted Gillislee...


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:37 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 782
Larryfinfan wrote:
I don't think the question about Miller is "Can the rush for 1000 yds", but "Can he pass pro for Tanny". That will determine, to me, how good a year Miller has or does not have...

Secondly, I don't think Millier is the "Guy Nobody's Talking About". At this point, he's it by default and there's been a lot of talk on several different boards, particularly after we didn't really make a concerted effort to upgrade the position, even tho they drafted Gillislee...


I was mainly talking about the media and fans outside of South Florida not the Phin fans on blogs. I for one am expecting big things from Miller & Gillislee this year.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r