Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:37 pm 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:15 pm
Posts: 292
Location: Shelbyville, IN
Vincent Jackson, San Diego Chargers
Terrell Owens, Buffalo Bills
Antonio Bryant, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Malcom Floyd, San Chargers 6'5" 225



Personally I think we should go after Floyd, he is a star in the making, great size, great speed and needing to resign Jackson and Merriman, money isn't able to go around for all, (hopefully)
And T.O. will be available and i say we take a look, especially to help our young WRs a workaholic role model, want the work non of the talk

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:42 pm 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:47 pm
Posts: 302
Location: Los Angeles, Ca.
Iceberg85 wrote:
Vincent Jackson, San Diego Chargers
Terrell Owens, Buffalo Bills
Antonio Bryant, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Malcom Floyd, San Chargers 6'5" 225



Personally I think we should go after Floyd, he is a star in the making, great size, great speed and needing to resign Jackson and Merriman, money isn't able to go around for all, (hopefully)
And T.O. will be available and i say we take a look, especially to help our young WRs a workaholic role model, want the work non of the talk


Vincent Jackson is a FA ! We better jump all over that ! :yay:


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24767
Location: Miami, FL
LA Fins Fan wrote:
Vincent Jackson is a FA ! We better jump all over that ! :yay:


He will be resigned or tendered before you can say "free agency".

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:05 pm
Posts: 188
I know some folks will laugh, but Chris Chambers makes a heck of alot of sense to sign.

1) relatively cheap

2) won't require a long term deal

3) played well after landing in KC 600yds or more and 3 TD and a 16 ypc average.

It has already been said we won't sign "neon lights" free agents, Chambers could have a good role in Miami for a couple of seasons.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:53 am 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4152
Location: The Bluegrass
padre31 wrote:
I know some folks will laugh, but Chris Chambers makes a heck of alot of sense to sign.

1) relatively cheap

2) won't require a long term deal

3) played well after landing in KC 600yds or more and 3 TD and a 16 ypc average.

It has already been said we won't sign "neon lights" free agents, Chambers could have a good role in Miami for a couple of seasons.


just say no to Chris Chambers. He wasn't that much a threat in his prime, and certainlt isn't the guy to complete our WR corps.

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:05 pm
Posts: 188
eleaf wrote:
padre31 wrote:
I know some folks will laugh, but Chris Chambers makes a heck of alot of sense to sign.

1) relatively cheap

2) won't require a long term deal

3) played well after landing in KC 600yds or more and 3 TD and a 16 ypc average.

It has already been said we won't sign "neon lights" free agents, Chambers could have a good role in Miami for a couple of seasons.


just say no to Chris Chambers. He wasn't that much a threat in his prime, and certainlt isn't the guy to complete our WR corps.


Yeah, 2010 will be Pat Turner's year.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:12 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24767
Location: Miami, FL
I wouldn't dismiss Chambers so quickly. He wouldnt't be my first option... wouldn't even be my 5th option. But if you run out of options as a stopgap I wouldn't be too upset about it.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:25 am 
Offline
2016 Site Design Admin
2016 Site Design Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:37 am
Posts: 4032
Location: Sweet Home ALABAMA!
Chambers would be a last resort type move for me too. I would love to have Vincent... but he will be gone before he is even available lol.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:38 am 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8282
Location: Topsfield, MA
Everyone worth a look will be an RFA. Jackson is not leaving, Marshall is too much, and even Floyd will be difficult to get.

The only big name UFA is Antonio Bryant, who will want to get paid, again. Chambers and Owens could be stopgaps, but I cant see Parcells taking on Owens, and Chambers would probably just replace Ginn and be slightly more effective (although with a guy like Henne he will have more opportunity to use his downfield speed and agility to open up the passing game).

I still want Boldin but I think you have the Pats, Bears, and Ravens among others who will be vying for his services. Many may think I'm nuts for mentioning the Pats but with an uncapped year, several big contracts coming off their books, potentially no Welker, and a slew of picks to trade, I think you have to consider them a player.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:43 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4104
If we go with an uncapped year then they all have to wait an extra year before becoming UFA's... an uncapped year means all RFA's unless they're cut, correct?


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:10 am 
Offline
User avatar
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:13 pm
Posts: 1428
I would rather have Breaston than Bryant. Not even close.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5511
Location: Columbia, SC
Steve Breaston thrives in a system were he is the #3 WR behind Boldin and Fitzgerald. He sees nothing but one on one coverage. Miami needs a guy that can come in and be a #1 guy. At best, Breaston is a #2.

With the likelyhood of no new collective bargaining agreement in place, guys that would have been UFA like Vincent Jackson are now RFA.

Antonio Bryant and Bill Parcells have supposedly patched up there volatile relationship and Parcells and Bryant even stay in touch. He the only TRUE FA WR worth looking at, as he is just 28 years old. He coming off an injury plagued 2009, but in 2008 he had over 80 catches for 1200 plus yards.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:05 pm
Posts: 188
Coots wrote:
Chambers would be a last resort type move for me too. I would love to have Vincent... but he will be gone before he is even available lol.


Mentioned Chambers because Bryant will end up with a huge contract as he is sort of a market of one.

Avant in Philly is a FA as well and I like Domenik Hixon.

The Cards may ask for a #2 pick for Boldin, the #43, that is also the price mangini was asking for Josh Cribbs last season.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:23 am 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4152
Location: The Bluegrass
Coots wrote:
Chambers would be a last resort type move for me too.


Last resort as in we've had a rash of injuries at the position and we're forced to look for guys not-currently employed by another NFL team.

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:36 am 
Offline
User avatar
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:13 pm
Posts: 1428
Bryant has averaged just around 800 yards per year. Has he ever even been the #1 guy before this year? I just don't see him being special. He's not big or blazing fast.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24767
Location: Miami, FL
dolphinjim wrote:
He's not big or blazing fast.


There have been plenty of great NFL receivers that lacked size or blazing speed.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 264
Location: Tampa, FL
Bryant's numbers remind me a lot of Chris Chambers......he has 2 1,000 yard seasons and 6 seasons were he caught for 750yds or less. Not sold on him being a #1 WR, but he probably would be the best WR if he were on the fins.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:13 pm
Posts: 1428
Last year I think he only had 1 100 yard game. He disappeared in a bunch of other games. No thanks, if we are spending money in FA I want a PROVEN STUD.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:13 pm
Posts: 1428
Rich, where do you get all these 40 times? I'd like to do some research.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24767
Location: Miami, FL
dolphinjim wrote:
Rich, where do you get all these 40 times? I'd like to do some research.


In the famous words of George Walker Bush, 43rd president of the United States of America:

I used "the Google".

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:13 pm
Posts: 1428
LOL, I will use the Google!

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:44 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:37 pm
Posts: 894
Location: Orlando, Fl
There is no way San Diego lets Jackson get away...but I think that Floyd would be a great pick up because they might not be able to keep both.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Malcolm Floyd could finally be the guy that Ernest WIlford and Patrick Turner were supposed to be.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:39 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4104
Patrick Turner was "supposed" to be??? He was a rookie this year...


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
IamPZ wrote:
Patrick Turner was "supposed" to be??? He was a rookie this year...


...what's your point.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:56 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4104
You're basically saying that he's going to be nothing... because he sat the bench his rookie year.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:13 pm
Posts: 1428
it's obvious that Turner wasn't getting something in practice, or he would have played once or twice.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:39 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4104
dolphinjim wrote:
it's obvious that Turner wasn't getting something in practice, or he would have played once or twice.


No doubt, but it's still kinda early to write off a kid we haven't seen yet.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
IamPZ wrote:
You're basically saying that he's going to be nothing... because he sat the bench his rookie year.


No...I am not "basically" saying that. I'm saying he was brought in for his size, yet never saw the field. Same with Wilford. You're making something out of nothing.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:25 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4104
Iowafin wrote:
IamPZ wrote:
You're basically saying that he's going to be nothing... because he sat the bench his rookie year.


No...I am not "basically" saying that. I'm saying he was brought in for his size, yet never saw the field. Same with Wilford. You're making something out of nothing.


My apologies then, I took the post the wrong way.
I'm still not 100% sure that Floyd is the answer though... but I haven't really seen him play much so who knows.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5511
Location: Columbia, SC
In no way am I saying pick up Antonio Bryant, I'm just saying he is probably the best true free agent available. And to be fair to Antonio, he was hurt a good bit this past year and Tampa Bay offense this year featured Byron Leftwich briefly at QB along with rookie Josh Freeman.

Is he a true #1, probably not, but he has had some nice season when healthy and had a solid QB to play with like the year he had in 2008 with Tampa Bay and Jeff Garcia.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:08 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8282
Location: Topsfield, MA
I think Antonio Bryant could be a good option. If you are going the free agent route he makes the most sense because he doesnt require forfeiting draft picks.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:19 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6501
jammer wrote:
I think Antonio Bryant could be a good option. If you are going the free agent route he makes the most sense because he doesnt require forfeiting draft picks.
If he is healthy then picking him up would not be the worst move this team has ever done. Gonna be hard to beat that Wilford signing.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:11 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8282
Location: Topsfield, MA
I guess it depends on the size of the contract he wants.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: k-dash and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r