View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Jets make another push for Jason Taylor 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Jets make another push for Jason Taylor
They're really making him feel like the missing piece in New York.

Quote:
Jets Make Push for Jason Taylor
Wed Apr 14, 2010
www.ffmastermind.com

The Star Ledger reports the Jets made another push for free agent LB Jason Taylor with an aggressive move to woo the 35-year-old defensive end/outside linebacker. Jets owner Woody Johnson, GM Mike Tannenbaum and HC Rex Ryan dialed up Taylor’s agent Gary Wichard for a four-way conference call Wednesday with the hope of getting Taylor to sign on the dotted line, according to a person familiar with the situation. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because he is not authorized to speak publicly on behalf of either the Jets or Taylor. Taylor’s desire to play for a Super Bowl contender makes the Jets a viable option, the person said. "He wants to get to the Super Bowl," the person said. "He wants to get a ring."

Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:05 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: Jets make another push for Jason Taylor
How is a 9-7 team a "viable option" for a super bowl ring???

I guess adding big name player makes you a contender...

So it would appear Miami is a contender as well correct??

Jets : Holmes - LT - Cromatre
Fins : Dansby - Marshall

I think our 2 are better than there 3....

In "Jets Logic" we are already superbowl contenders...

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:03 am
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ

They said precisely the same thing last season. Ryan was blabbering about going to the Superbowl, and through pure blind luck at the end of the season, got a chance to make a playoff run.

They said the same thing the year before Rappin' Rexy brought his enormous, bad-mouthing girth to Broadway, when they orchestrated the Favre-olectomy and brought Calvin Pace in.
Think of what they've done.

We here in South Florida for the most part have been critical and complaining about what the team has done to improve. Local talk radio here has vilified our staff, absolutely flayed the FO.
Well, all they've done is grab two of the top FAs available, and at positions of great need.

The Jets, whose fans and beat writers have practically penciled them into the Superbowl, have brought in yet another WR because Braylon Edwards wasn't what they thought.
They've sh$tcanned one of the best RBs in football for the tail-end of the LT saga. Their fans, the opposite of ours, seem to think every move they make is dominant, epic and substantial.

What do you expect from the gene pool that produced Fireman Ed? I mean let's face it, they're not exactly cookin' with grease.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:22 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I hope the Dolphins get this thing smoothed out and get Taylor back in the fold.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:30 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

phinsfansc wrote:
I hope the Dolphins get this thing smoothed out and get Taylor back in the fold.

... and then sweep the Jets again...

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:47 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

JT lookin out for numero uno as usual - and he is using the Jests to get his way - who can blame him...? Why is he in sucha hurry beacuse he only has 6 mos. to find a team

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:53 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Adam Schefter just stated about 38 minutes ago on Twitter that it sounds like Jason will be a Jet.

I would be disappointed if that happens, but it is a business.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:55 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

phinsfansc wrote:
Adam Schefter just stated about 38 minutes ago on Twitter that it sounds like Jason will be a Jet.

I would be disappointed if that happens, but it is a business.

I cant help but too lose respect for JT i mean last year they wanted him and he said no it seems he is just being bitter! If he wants a ring then go to Indy, NO, or Minny why the Jets cause its gonna piss us off! and he knows it! So if he does i can not respect JT!!! :boo: :jests:

Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:09 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Interesting that "the Jets are putting a full court press on JT" with a 4-way phone call that didn't even include JT ?????? Sorry, unless they gave him a deadline to sign by or all offers are off (and to our knowledge, there's never been an official offer made to him), he's going to wait until after the draft and see what the phins offer him. If he does anything before then, it's because our FO won't give him anything to go on.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:22 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

With "The Final Eight Plan" can the Jets possibly be offering any bonuses? Is it just a salary cap for UFA's??

Here is some on it if your unfamiliar with this rule - http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/19212/explaining-final-eight-plan

I had read that the Dolphins & JT had already had an understanding. The fins had an offer out there, and they also knoew what he wanted to return to them, and the two left it at lets talk after the draft...

But again, everything we read, hear is just anonymous tipsters, so the cold hard facts are that he went to NY last week and didnt sign... So its obvious that JT doesnt want to be a Jet... I mean they are giving him the world on a platter, how many other players would still be thinking it over?

Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:50 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

pawfectgent wrote:
What do you expect from the gene pool that produced Fireman Ed? I mean let's face it, they're not exactly cookin' with grease.

:) Good point about how our respective fan bases / media circuses respond to the moves our FOs make. I have thought all along that adding Cromartie, Holmes and Edwards in the same locker room was... at least, a volatile mix.

That being said, I sure hope the reports about JT are wrong; not because he'll be a huge difference maker for gang green, but because, well, he's JT.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:55 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

k-dash wrote:
pawfectgent wrote:

:) Good point about how our respective fan bases / media circuses respond to the moves our FOs make. I have thought all along that adding Cromartie, Holmes and Edwards in the same locker room was... at least, a volatile mix.

That being said, I sure hope the reports about JT are wrong; not because he'll be a huge difference maker for gang green, but because, well, he's JT.

Holmes was a good addition. A great player who can't stay away from Teh Weed. Cromartie hasn't been even resembling good since his 1-year wonder year. Ditto for Edwards.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:18 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

:talktohand: This is starting to get old.....S...or get off the D...pot already. Dont get me wrong I like JT and wouldnt mind him coming back but lets go :war:

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:23 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

phinphan-n-buffalo wrote:
:talktohand: This is starting to get old.....S...or get off the D...pot already. Dont get me wrong I like JT and wouldnt mind him coming back but lets go :war:

100% - and now JT has to think that the Fins have just as good a chance as anyone to represent the AFC East..., so he has a lot to think about..., he will play a lot for either team..., he was never patient in the past so I guess it is a positive that he returns

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:27 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

My stance on this:

Have a whole theory about 2007 but won't bother going into that. Needless to say, I blame Taylor for it. Forgave him and welcomed him back with open arms last year but still had doubts in the back of my mind. This is unacceptable to me in every way. Other teams are interested though they may not have expressly offered yet, and the Dolphins will likely make him an offer after the draft. Is he really going to be a hypocrite and go to the Jets? Please.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]