View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Team with no questions? I have some 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Team with no questions? I have some
Quote:
A couple of weeks ago, amid the feel-good reflections of the offseason, guard Richie Incognito said the Dolphins had no questions. No, he wasn't suggesting the team is winning a championship in 2013. He was making the point he sees no obvious weaknesses or holes.

But are the Dolphins free of issues?

I'm not saying they're going to be problems. I'm simply marking them down in the uncertainty file.

Uncertainty 1: Will Ryan Tannehill be the QB everyone expects? ...

Uncertainty 2: Who is going to carry the running game? ...

Uncertainty 3: Health. Let's face it, the Dolphins are a skyscrapper of cards. ... injuries

Uncertainty 4: Jonathan Martin as a left tackle. ...

Uncertainty 5: Can Dannell Ellerbe and Phillip Wheeler live up to the hype? ...

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... rylink=cpy

Thu May 23, 2013 5:46 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Post Re: Team with no questions? I have some
I felt like at the end of the year our needs were:
1. WR
2. TE
3. CB
4. Pass rush

I think we answered the WR, TE and Pass rush needs, and might have answered the CB.

But, I think we added some questions in the off season at RB and OL, especially left Tackle.

It could be that we're ok there. In my head I like our running game better. It seems more suited to our play style to get a steady 4 yards a carry as opposed to a zero zero 12 yards that seemed to be the case last year.

I won't pretend to know about LT. We were shopping for an LT so I don't see our management as all that confident and that has me worried.

I like the direction we're going, I think Ryan is going to be good, and I like our backups too.

One of the big things I'm worried about is depth. We might have filled most of the gaps, and helped out, but a couple of injuries might open them right up again.

Thu May 23, 2013 2:16 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I think Tannehill's development and Martin's ability to play the LT position in the NFL are my biggest question marks. Martin was drafted to be the heir apparent to Jake Long if Jake continued his decline last year. Martin didn't play as well as most scouts thought he would. He has bulked up and that is encouraging. He won't succeed due to a lack of effort.

Will Tannehill have a sophomore slump? I sure hope not. If so, expect a sub .500 season.

Thu May 23, 2013 3:47 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I'm surprised to see that "Uncertainty at left tackle" is only number 4. That's still my primary concern, as I think it is to most fans of this team.

Thu May 23, 2013 11:03 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]