View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Joe Philbin more relaxed in year 2 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Joe Philbin more relaxed in year 2
ADAM H. BEASLEY wrote:
Miami Dolphins coach Joe Philbin lightens up — a little

“He’s more himself, I guess,” Dolphins receiver Brian Hartline said. “He doesn’t seem as rigid. He’s easy to talk to. Probably a combination of that is us getting used to being around with him.

“He’s a lot of fun,” Hartline added. “He’s got a great sense of humor, and once you get that, he’s going to be more fun to be around.”

And he has shown that even his no-off-field-embarrassments rule isn’t hard and fast.

Yes, Philbin cut Johnson during last season’s training camp just hours after he got out of jail. But Philbin also gave second chances to Jonathon Amaya and Evan Rodriguez after their respective arrests.

Amaya was accused of assaulting a cab driver — a charge that was later dropped — but Philbin allowed him to finish the season on the team. (He’s now a member of the Arizona Cardinals.)

And Philbin green-lit the recent signing of Rodriguez, a fullback who has been arrested twice this offseason. (“I feel like I’m getting a second chance,” a grateful Rodriguez said last week.)

But even if his demeanor has changed, Philbin’s core principles have not.

Philbin said Rodriguez’s background was discussed — and surely weighed — before agreeing to offer him a contract. He still doesn’t like trash-talking in the media.

And his parting message to his veteran players just before the team broke for the summer: Keep your nose clean, because you are a representative of the Miami Dolphins 365 days a year.

“He’s the same,” center Mike Pouncey said. “He’s the commander-in-chief, he likes to run a program one way, he’s very straightforward about it, and he’s going to do a great job rebuilding, and building this team from now on out.”

Added Wake: “We still get after it. We know what he wants, what he expects and we make sure we do it on the field.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/06/20/3 ... rylink=cpy

Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:20 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Joe Philben more relaxed in year 2
Philbins strong point is his attention to detail...He is doing a great job so far...

Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:52 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Early favorite for coach of the year?

Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:10 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

FINesse wrote:
Early favorite for coach of the year?

To go from 7-9 to 9-7/10-6? Nah.

Belichick could get it if he makes the playoffs again with all the distractions and the loss of offensive weapons.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:26 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Joe Philbin more relaxed in year 2
Beelzecheat could get it for continuing to breathe for the year, with way the media is up his gastrointestinals.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:46 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Joe Philbin more relaxed in year 2
I like that Philbin wants to clean up the Miami Dolphins image. While my memories of Shula are a little fuzzy these days, I seem to remember the Miami Dolphins being a much more classy organization when he was the coach. Philbin seems to be bringing that trend back. I like it.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]