View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Aaron Hernandez ARRESTED & RELEASED! 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Aaron Hernandez ARRESTED & RELEASED!
Story from: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/26/ne ... port-says/

Quote:
Aaron Hernandez, the New England Patriot who had been investigated after a body was found near his Massachusetts home, was arrested Wednesday morning, MyFoxBoston.com reported.

It was not immediately known what charges he was arrested on. Phone messages left by FoxNews.com for Hernandez's lawyer and the Bristol District Attorney's Office were not immediately returned.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:33 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Re: Aaron Hernandez ARRESTED!
Good thing I was sitting down when I read that. I am in total shock.

:fart:

I wonder what took them so long.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:44 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Big Dave wrote:
Good thing I was sitting down when I read that. I am in total shock.

:fart:

I wonder what took them so long.

Maybe trying to build a case to arrest him for murder instead of obstruction?

Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:22 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Wow... so much for the 2 TEs of death in NE. Time to retire Tom!

Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:30 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

The Pats just released him.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:37 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

It is sad how many Dolphins fans are on twitter telling the Dolphins to sign him...

Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:52 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

pauspe wrote:
The Pats just released him.

Wow. How far can he fall?

Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:53 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
It is sad how many Dolphins fans are on twitter telling the Dolphins to sign him...

HA...........I bet Jets' fans are doing the same. It's crazy what some people think.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:03 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Post Re: Aaron Hernandez ARRESTED & RELEASED!
I bet you about 25 teams in the league have fans doing that. If he's proven not guilty and comes out of this unscathed... you have an extremely talented TE left up for grabs.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:06 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:

Seriously? Someone died, lives have been ruined...and people are worried about the Fins getting more talent?

Can't believe how many morons are in this world.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:07 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
Rich wrote:

Seriously? Someone died, lives have been ruined...and people are worried about the Fins getting more talent?

Can't believe how many morons are in this world.

Innocent until proven guilty?

Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:17 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Wow....

What a shame for the family of the young victim. No matter the circumstances, losing someone that young hurts all those involved in the young man's life.

What a shame that another young man, Hernandez, who likely had everything he's always dreamed of (talent, money, fame, member of the premier team in the NFL, a bright football future) and now he has none of that...

The likelihood of his involvement being more of the "worst case scenario" rather than then obstruction or accessory level makes it even more shameful for him. The Pasties did what they felt was the right thing and I have to give Mr. Kraft a lot of credit for taking the hit and moving on from him.

What a shame, all the way around this...

Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:34 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Ski_Money wrote:
Innocent until proven guilty?

I never said he was guilty. My comment was directed at people who put football over life in the pecking order of importance. The guy is "available" because someone was murdered. Can we show some respect to the victim and his family? Let the situation play out before spouting off your dreams of Hernadez catching passes for Miami.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:38 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

how come we haven't heard one word about the other 2 guys that were with Hernandez that night?

Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:18 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
A source tells Profootballtalk.com to "assume the worst" regarding the overall Aaron Hernandez situation.
Police did not treat Hernandez like someone accused of obstruction Wednesday morning. They had seven officers take him into custody and staged a perp walk in broad daylight in front of the assembled media. They could have just asked him to turn himself in and save face. Additionally, the Patriots likely have more information than we have right now regarding Hernandez's exact charge and what evidence authorities have against him. They released him Wednesday morning. Hernandez will be arraigned at 2 p.m. ET Wednesday, at which point charges will be filed.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:18 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
The Patriots clearly have no faith that Hernandez will be exonerated following his Wednesday morning arrest. They're willing to eat a ton of money in bonuses and guaranteed base salaries, and will be facing roughly $10 million in dead money against the salary cap over the next two seasons. The Pats are also left with perhaps the weakest group of pass-catchers in the entire NFL. Their statement: "A young man was murdered last week and we extend our sympathies to the family and friends who mourn his loss. Words cannot express the disappointment we feel knowing that one of our players was arrested as a result of this investigation. We realize that law enforcement investigations into this matter are ongoing. We support their efforts and respect the process. At this time, we believe this transaction is simply the right thing to do." Hernandez is now subject to waivers, meaning any team can submit a claim by 4 p.m. Thursday. We'd be shocked if anyone does.

-Rotoworld

Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:19 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rothlisberger got suspended 6 games, then it was reduced to 4. Even if Hernandez isn't convicted of anything, I don't see him playing any time soon. I don't know how he can escape obstruction of justice. Looks pretty definite. As far as anything else goes, we don't know what the evidence is. Doesn't seem like a good guy though, and Philbin goes for guys whith character. He isn't Dolphin material, more like Rex Ryan guy.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:21 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

The Pasties did what they felt was the right thing and I have to give Mr. Kraft a lot of credit for taking the hit and moving on from him.

before the patsies get all kinds of love for releasing him.....remeber how the signed stallworth after being drunk and killing someone....

they should also be ashamed the had such a punk on the team that they gave a huge contract....

Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:31 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

IamPZ wrote:
I bet you about 25 teams in the league have fans doing that. If he's proven not guilty and comes out of this unscathed... you have an extremely talented TE left up for grabs.

Who surrounds himself with questionable people that can put his career at risk.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:55 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

rodneyfaile wrote:
Doesn't seem like a good guy though, and Philbin goes for guys whith character. He isn't Dolphin material, more like Rex Ryan guy.

Until I read these posts, the possibility of jumping to the occasion and signing this guy never even crossed my mind. Not once. Regardless, it isn't happening but we shouldn't hope it does at the same time.

I'm not rejoicing this happening to New England, and I honestly can say I respect their statements to the public and the choice of releasing him while taking the money hit that it will bring. No chance he signs with us, and quite honestly, we shouldn't even be thinking about it.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:55 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
rodneyfaile wrote:
Doesn't seem like a good guy though, and Philbin goes for guys whith character. He isn't Dolphin material, more like Rex Ryan guy.

Until I read these posts, the possibility of jumping to the occasion and signing this guy never even crossed my mind. Not once. Regardless, it isn't happening but we shouldn't hope it does at the same time.

I'm not rejoicing this happening to New England, and I honestly can say I respect their statements to the public and the choice of releasing him while taking the money hit that it will bring. No chance he signs with us, and quite honestly, we shouldn't even be thinking about it.

I thought the same thing. I'm all for "innocent until proven guilty" but it seems pretty obvious that this isn't a good guy. I don't think any teams are thinking of picking him up, just a few crazy fans.

Are the expecting it to turn out more like Ray Lewis than OJ?

Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:38 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Charged with murder and 6 other charges

Shot in the back 5 times

Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:44 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Watching the arraignment....

He is going to jail surveillance video.....Phone records they have it all..

. Bought rolling papers at the store...Video of him with a gun everything

They also found a gun that had been used in another murder iI heard that correct a .22 From Florida........The murder was in Povidence

Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:58 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

rodneyfaile wrote:
Doesn't seem like a good guy though, and Philbin goes for guys with character. He isn't Dolphin material, more like Rex Ryan guy.

I surely hope not. He seems to just be real bad news due to the company he decides to keep. He won't let the hood go.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:06 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

By the looks of Hernandez...He didn't have a clue of how much evidence they had....

Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:07 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

No bail

Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:13 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Kev1321 wrote:
Watching the arraignment....

He is going to jail surveillance video.....Phone records they have it all..

. Bought rolling papers at the store...Video of him with a gun everything

They also found a gun that had been used in another murder iI heard that correct a .22 From Florida........The murder was in Povidence

Just watched the Hernandez arraignment video as well. His career is over.  He's in it deep.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:42 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
Cleveland Browns rookie linebacker Ausar Walcott was arrested Tuesday and charged with attempted murder for allegedly punching a man outside a club in Northern New Jersey.

In light of the charges, the Browns announced the release of the player they had signed last month as an undrafted free agent out of Virginia.

With offseason arrests, suspensions and an FBI investigation into the owner, the Browns look like CSI Cleveland, writes Jamison Hensley. Blog

Authorities told The Bergen Record that Walcott punched Derrick Jones in the head just after The Palace Gentlemen's Club closed early Sunday morning.

Police say Jones, who is from New York City, is in critical condition. Walcott, 23, is held on $500,000 bail.

Walcott is one of 28 NFL players arrested since this year's Super Bowl on Feb. 3, according to a database kept by U-T San Diego.

ESPN

Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:17 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I'm glad teams are cuting these morons. they shouldn't be in the situation, no excuses. Funny how the Pats started taking risks on character guys and they haven't won the SB since. Funny...maybe the NFL is finally learning.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:52 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

swerve13 wrote:
how come we haven't heard one word about the other 2 guys that were with Hernandez that night?

Because they don't have the name recognition that Hernandez does.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:48 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

cspooner13 wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

Because they don't have the name recognition that Hernandez does.

Don't worry. They will come out soon enough.

I just wonder when all these folks that worship Bill the Genius will start questioning his drafts and his decisions on guys with very questionable characters.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:19 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Kev1321 wrote:
before the patsies get all kinds of love for releasing him.....remember how the signed stallworth after being drunk and killing someone
Stallworth called the police, took responsibility for what his actions. While his mistake was a huge one, he did the right thing afterwards.

Kev1321 wrote:
they should also be ashamed the had such a punk on the team that they gave a huge contract....

Don't believe anyone thought he would kill someone. NFL teams are full of punks that can play football.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:29 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Dphins4me wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:
before the patsies get all kinds of love for releasing him.....remember how the signed stallworth after being drunk and killing someone
Stallworth called the police, took responsibility for what his actions. While his mistake was a huge one, he did the right thing afterwards.

Kev1321 wrote:

Don't believe anyone thought he would kill someone. NFL teams are full of punks that can play football.

Your right what was i thinking....The Patsies should have dumped Welker and payed a dirt bag like this instead...Thats not a mistake....This guy had red flags and they are around him every day.

And defending Stallworth after only spending a month in jail :hithead: All he did was smoke dope get drunk and kill someone crossing a road.

Only you!

Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:28 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Kev1321 wrote:
And defending Stallworth after only spending a month in jail :hithead: All he did was smoke dope get drunk and kill someone crossing a road.

Only you!

Not sure I call what he stated as "defending" Stallworth. Just saying that what he did isn't nearly the same thing as assassinating a guy with 5 bullets in the chest and back, then attempting to cover it up.

Hernandez isn't convicted yet. He may not have pulled the trigger. But it's fairly clear that he was involved in the act and the coverup.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:12 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Kev1321 wrote:
And defending Stallworth after only spending a month in jail. All he did was smoke dope get drunk and kill someone crossing a road.
Do you have proof he smoke pot the night before the accident? Show me a story that says he was smoking pot the night prior.

Yeap, that makes one a scum bag. Because everyone knows anyone who drinks and goes to sleep & wakes up the next morning is a scumbag simply because they do not realize they are still legally drunk.

Kev1321 wrote:
Only you!
Only you? Not sure what that is suppose to mean, other than you cannot discuss something without making it a personal attack. Why fail to acknowledge that Stallworth CALLED THE POLICE!!! Cannot tell you the times a scumbag has called the police on himself. Its a epidemic.

What issue has this scumbag had prior or since that incident? Oh yea, he was in a balloon accident. Must have been because he is a scumbag. Even good people make mistakes.

How would you like to be judged by your worst mistake?

Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:40 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

degs wrote:
Not sure I call what he stated as "defending" Stallworth. Just saying that what he did isn't nearly the same thing as assassinating a guy with 5 bullets in the chest and back, then attempting to cover it up.
You are over his head.

degs wrote:
Hernandez isn't convicted yet. He may not have pulled the trigger. But it's fairly clear that he was involved in the act and the coverup.
His car, his house, his security system. Not looking good for him.

Cannot believe how stupid an individual can be.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:43 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:00 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Aaron Hernandez is done. Whether he is found guilty of murder , a lesser charge it is safe to say his NFL career is over. I also agree with the perception of what a moron this guy is to throw a life like his away not to mention with a fiance & 8 month old baby.
But you cannot blame the team & say they got what they deserved by drafting a guy with a questionable past. it is far becoming very common where alot of players now have these pasts & teams will just have to take their chances & hopefully protect themselves in how the contract is written.. All teams have players like this even our beloved Dolphins have taken these risks as well. I am sure there are even guys in the league where there "lack of better judgements" have been hidden as well. No team in the league even if it coached by Bill Belicheck or Rex Ryan will condone the situation when it comes to murder & I think it is pretty safe to say that this is not their kind of player (or person). You can only advise , babysit or offer good common sense to these guys just so much. In the end whether they take the advise & realize how fortunate they are is up to them. There will always be those who make the wrong decision.

Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:22 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FINesse wrote:
Aaron Hernandez is done. Whether he is found guilty of murder , a lesser charge it is safe to say his NFL career is over. I also agree with the perception of what a moron this guy is to throw a life like his away not to mention with a fiance & 8 month old baby.
But you cannot blame the team & say they got what they deserved by drafting a guy with a questionable past. it is far becoming very common where alot of players now have these pasts & teams will just have to take their chances & hopefully protect themselves in how the contract is written.. All teams have players like this even our beloved Dolphins have taken these risks as well. I am sure there are even guys in the league where there "lack of better judgements" have been hidden as well. No team in the league even if it coached by Bill Belicheck or Rex Ryan will condone the situation when it comes to murder & I think it is pretty safe to say that this is not their kind of player (or person). You can only advise , babysit or offer good common sense to these guys just so much. In the end whether they take the advise & realize how fortunate they are is up to them. There will always be those who make the wrong decision.

Well said.

Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:41 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

FINesse wrote:

Bravo FINesse, Bravo. Here's a good article that sums it all up.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/94267 ... onary-tale

Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next