View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Vonta Leach’s agent: I think it will be the Dolphins 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Vonta Leach’s agent: I think it will be the Dolphins
:yay: :runwiththeball:

Quote:
Vonta Leach’s agent: I think it will be the Dolphins

Fullback Vonta Leach hasn’t suffered from a lack of interest since the Ravens released him, but no one has made him an offer so compelling that he’s decided to shut down talks and sign on the dotted line.

When he does get to that point, his agent Ralph Vitolo believes he knows what team will be waiting to hand him a jersey with his name on the back. The Texans, Giants and Ravens have all been in the mix for Leach’s services, but Vitolo thinks Leach will be enjoying life in Miami during the 2013 season.

“I think so. I hope so. It’s the right place to be. We’re trying to crunch the numbers,” Vitolo said, via Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald.

In a likely attempt to crunch those numbers in a way that appeals to Leach, Vitolo said that his client may still take another visit to an interested team — Jackson mentions the Giants — although one would imagine that every team has given the agent a pretty clear idea of what they’re willing and/or able to spend to bring Leach to their roster. Based on Vitolo’s other comment, the Dolphins would seem to be in the lead in that department even if their offer isn’t quite where Leach would like it to be.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -dolphins/

Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:44 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Re: Vonta Leach’s agent: I think it will be the Dolphins
I knew RotoWorld would find a way to put a negative spin on this. If the Dolphins sign him it is because our cap was managed well and we have the money to sign him.

Quote:
Free agent FB Vonta Leach's player rep expects him to sign with the Dolphins, but says he might take one more visit.

"It’s the right place to be," Leach's rep said of Miami. "We’re trying to crunch the numbers." The Dolphins badly want Leach to pave the way for new starting running back Lamar Miller, and Leach's rep has certainly noticed GM Jeff Ireland's tendency to cave and give players what they want in negotiations. Leach should be a Dolphin soon enough.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3078/player?r=1

Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:56 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Pretty significant signing in my opinion. Hope we can get him for more than a year.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:47 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FINesse wrote:
Pretty significant signing in my opinion. Hope we can get him for more than a year.

He's got a lot of competition for his services...........I doubt he would settle for a one year contract.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:05 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Big Dave wrote:
I knew RotoWorld would find a way to put a negative spin on this. If the Dolphins sign him it is because our cap was managed well and we have the money to sign him.

Rotoworld wrote:
Leach's rep has certainly noticed GM Jeff Ireland's tendency to cave and give players what they want in negotiations.

Bunch of morons, it's actually the other way around. Ireland has a reputation of low-balling players, which is why we failed to land many free agents in the past.

Ireland/Ross/Philbin realized that building through the draft is not the only way to succeed, and I applaud them for changing their stances.

Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]