View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Power Rankings 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Power Rankings
23 There is talent in a lot of spots, but the one that matters is under center. Can Ryan Tannehill take a big step forward?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2293 ... -lead-pack

Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:56 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: Power Rankings
As always, it's about QB play.....broken record.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:57 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

Really? Cardinals, Titans, Panthers? They wish they were better than us.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:31 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

swerve13 wrote:

He bumped the Titans up 6 spots... I'd like to know what info he has to warrant that.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:50 pm

I heard Locker still looks pedestrian. The Cardinals are gonna get beat up in their division. And don't get me started on Cam Newton.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:55 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

First off its Pete Prisco. He already has a negative impression of Tannehill so he's not going to predict the Fins to go far with a guy doesn't think is worthy. Second, its July so none of this matters. All it takes a QB or star player to get hurt in the next few weeks and everything shifts.

Miami hasn't really done anything to deserve better but I could agree being higher than the Titans. Locker isn't accurate enough to keep that team in games.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:19 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I was surprised to be so high, then I noticed the Jets & Bills all the way at the bottom and realized by default he had to move us up.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:32 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

swerve13 wrote:

We did lose to the Cards and Titans last year.....We need to win to change things like this

Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:25 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

we will be #1 in February.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:12 pm

Kev1321 wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

We did lose to the Cards and Titans last year.....We need to win to change things like this

but neither of these teams had the infusion of offseason talent that we had.
Wallace/Jordan/Ellerbe/Grimes/Keller. That's worth 5 or 6 slots upward to me. And we were already better than 11 other teams without these guys.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:43 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Those are the CBS power rankings. The ESPN power rankings have the Dolphins at 18.
http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/rankings?src=desktop

My network power rankings have ESPN ahead of CBS.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:29 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFL.com has the Dolphins at #14.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... isco-49ers

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:01 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Miami should be ranked higher than the Titans, but remember they THROTTLED Miami last year in Miami, so I am sure analysts look at that as well.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:08 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

swerve13 wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

but neither of these teams had the infusion of offseason talent that we had.
Wallace/Jordan/Ellerbe/Grimes/Keller. That's worth 5 or 6 slots upward to me. And we were already better than 11 other teams without these guys.

the titans upgraded alot also and the cards added a good qb which they didn't have before......

everyone thinks they can win this time of year...you need to prove it

Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:20 pm

i haven't seen either of those teams talked about on ESPN and NFL network the way they talk about us.
Carson Palmer is an eroding player while Tannehill is an ascending talent with shiny new toys and a top notch defense. 16 overall sounds fair.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:25 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

swerve13 wrote:
i haven't seen either of those teams talked about on ESPN and NFL network the way they talk about us.
Carson Palmer is an eroding player while Tannehill is an ascending talent with shiny new toys and a top notch defense. 16 overall sounds fair.

And Larry Fitzgerald.....Look i'm not going to argue who is better..I like to think it's the Dolphins also...But there are reasons those teams are listed ahead also..One being they beat us..Thats a pretty big reason...The Titans spent a ton in the offseason also.And Carson Palmer is going to have one of the games greats as a target...

Those network you speak of did talk about those teams...They think they are better per/rankings

Carson Palmer also threw for 4000 yds and 22 tds on a real bad team..He could do 25-30 this year easy

Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:26 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
To replace Whisenhunt, Arizona brought in another former Pittsburgh Steelers staple Bruce Arians, who spent last season as the interim head coach of the Indianapolis Colts in Chuck Pagano’s stead. Arians was tremendous in that role, leading the Colts to what would be a magnificent bounce-back season with Peyton Manning no longer at the helm.

Quote:
Carson Palmer. After a season that saw Kevin Kolb miss 10 games as Ryan Lindley and John Skelton failed to pick up the slack, it was clear the Cardinals needed a stop-gap option under center.

Palmer had has a whirlwind career since his first few seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals, but he’s a better option than any player Arizona put under center last season. With Palmer controlling the reins of the offense, the Cardinals should be a much more explosive team in 2013.

Keim also signed former Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall to go along with two rookie running backs selected in the 2013 draft. Beanie Wells and Ryan Williams struggled to stay healthy in the No. 1 running back role, and the Cardinals needed to find some talent to fill the void, especially with Wells now a free agent.

The first-year GM went to work on the defensive side of the ball as well, signing a bevy of veteran free agents in safety Yeremiah Bell, cornerback Antoine Cason, linebacker Karlos Dansby, cornerback Jerraud Powers and pass-rusher John Abraham.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1720 ... al-battles

Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:40 pm

Carson Palmer threw for a bunch of garbage time yards last year.
What major upgrades did the Titans make?

We gave away the Arizona game last year with missed field goals.
Just because we lost to either team is irrelevant. Who had the better record at the end of the season?
And who had the best offseason in the league? That has to be factored in.

The Panthers beat the Falcons last year. Does that mean they are better than Atlanta?
The Patriots lost to Arizona, but also won 8 more games than them.
It's called any given sunday.

Heck! the Steelers lost to the Browns and the Raiders, but I'm pretty sure they are better than both of those teams.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:47 am

swerve13 wrote:

Just because we lost to either team is irrelevant. Who had the better record at the end of the season?

The Panthers beat the Falcons last year. Does that mean they are better than Atlanta?

Heck! the Steelers lost to the Browns and the Raiders, but I'm pretty sure they are better than both of those teams.

I agree. In my mind we actually went 15-1 last season with the only loss being when Tennessee blew us out. All the others I can make excuses as to why we lost and reasons to why we are better than those teams. Even in the Tennessee game which I was at I still question if that was really the actual Dolphin players in those uniforms.
Look , power rankings mean nothing in July. But they are determined not only from off season acquisitions but from results from the previous year. You seem to be getting pretty upset because of what I think you consider a lack of respect. I know you are a Homer (and that is not said as an insult) but respect is earned. This team has not done much to earn that respect & spending the most money is the off season while much needed certainly will not garner that respect as well. This team needs to finally start proving itself. We can make all the excuses we want for losses & how we are in games & lost by single digits or gave games away. They are still losses & you can count them as moral victories to make you feel better but those victories only add to the facts that I just touched on. I want wins , not a moral victory like the one now being touted .... we have more fans at our scrimmage than NE ... enough already.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:34 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Even in the Tennessee game which I was at I still question if that was really the actual Dolphin players in those uniforms.

Remember Mitch? Quote of the weekend..."Aww come on guys, stop booing them, they need us fans". LOL.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:00 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

FINesse wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

that's all i'm saying!

I agree. In my mind we actually went 15-1 last season with the only loss being when Tennessee blew us out. All the others I can make excuses as to why we lost and reasons to why we are better than those teams. Even in the Tennessee game which I was at I still question if that was really the actual Dolphin players in those uniforms.
Look , power rankings mean nothing in July. But they are determined not only from off season acquisitions but from results from the previous year. You seem to be getting pretty upset because of what I think you consider a lack of respect. I know you are a Homer (and that is not said as an insult) but respect is earned. This team has not done much to earn that respect & spending the most money is the off season while much needed certainly will not garner that respect as well. This team needs to finally start proving itself. We can make all the excuses we want for losses & how we are in games & lost by single digits or gave games away. They are still losses & you can count them as moral victories to make you feel better but those victories only add to the facts that I just touched on. I want wins , not a moral victory like the one now being touted .... we have more fans at our scrimmage than NE ... enough already.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:29 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

swerve13 wrote:
We gave away the Arizona game last year with missed field goals..
Want to correct you on this.

One was missed the whole game & it was a 51 Yder, not field goals.

Miami lost that game because they gave up 24 points in the 2nd half.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]