View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 PFF - 32 Teams in 32 Days: Miami Dolphins 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post PFF - 32 Teams in 32 Days: Miami Dolphins
Quote:
Five Reasons to Be Confident

1. Cameron Wake ...

Five Reasons to Be Worried

1. Pass Protection ...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... i-dolphins

Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:44 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: PFF - 32 Teams in 32 Days: Miami Dolphins
Screw pass protection....RT is a reason to worry, he is the key.

Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:40 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
Five Reasons to Be Confident

5. Ryan Tannehill

While Tannehill was overshadowed by three of his fellow rookie quarterbacks, he performed very well in 2012. Although the rookie signal caller didn’t have the gaudy statistics of his colleagues, he wasn’t working with very much at wide receiver or tight end. Despite possessing below average wide receiver talent, Tannehill demonstrated more poise than someone who only started 18 games at quarterback in college. While I’m somewhat worried about how his pass protection might affect his pocket presence, another step forward is the logical progression in his NFL career.

Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:47 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Makchell wrote:
Screw pass protection....RT is a reason to worry, he is the key.

Yeah, offensive lines don't matter.

In fact, we should just cut all of our offensive linemen and replace them with QBs. ONE of them has to be great, and if he is, it won't matter that he has no one blocking for him because that's what great QBs do.

Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:57 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Yeah, offensive lines don't matter.

In fact, we should just cut all of our offensive linemen and replace them with QBs. ONE of them has to be great, and if he is, it won't matter that he has no one blocking for him because that's what great QBs do.

More exaggeration. RT is the key to the season. This has been our biggest problem since Marino has retired. I guess Marino had a probowl OL in his 17 years. We had a probowl LT and we still lost. Why?

Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:38 am

Makchell wrote:
I guess Marino had a probowl OL in his 17 years.

Ever heard of Dwight Stephenson, Richmond Webb, Keith Sims? Early on when Marino was tearing it up he had an excellent pass protecting offensive line.

When guys like James Brown starting showing up, Marino's numbers started going down.

Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:09 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Ever heard of Dwight Stephenson, Richmond Webb, Keith Sims? Early on when Marino was tearing it up he had an excellent pass protecting offensive line.

We had Pouncey and Long and still didn't win. Why? No QB.

When guys like James Brown starting showing up, Marino's numbers started going down.

And Duper and Clayton leaving as well ahd an impact. Look, I hear you Rich, OL, WRs, RBs, they are all part of the machine for sure and you are right, we need an OL to protect. The biggest need of this team has been a QB. The proof is the fact that we have been looking for one since Marino retired. We had a decent one with Pennington annd he took us to the playoffs. I know, I know, easy schedule so I know Chad won't get his respect.

Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:25 pm

Makchell wrote:

And Duper and Clayton leaving as well ahd an impact. Look, I hear you Rich, OL, WRs, RBs, they are all part of the machine for sure and you are right, we need an OL to protect. The biggest need of this team has been a QB. The proof is the fact that we have been looking for one since Marino retired. We had a decent one with Pennington annd he took us to the playoffs. I know, I know, easy schedule so I know Chad won't get his respect.

You seem to think that regardless of the offensive line, Tannehill better perform this season or he isn't the answer. At least that is how you come off in your posts.

To quote you...

"No excuses".

As far as Pennington, not just an easy schedule but Brady was out for the year and the Wildcat was catching the NFL by surprise.

Just remember how bad that 2008 offense looked before we rolled out the Wildcat...

Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:36 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Rich wrote:
Makchell wrote:

You seem to think that regardless of the offensive line, Tannehill better perform this season or he isn't the answer. At least that is how you come off in your posts.

To quote you...

"No excuses".

As far as Pennington, not just an easy schedule but Brady was out for the year and the Wildcat was catching the NFL by surprise.

Just remember how bad that 2008 offense looked before we rolled out the Wildcat...

Not only that but Chad Pennington wasn't the type of QB who could take over a game. If you had to throw 40 times a game with him (aka Baltimore in the playoffs) you were gonna have some bad plays. Add that to him not having the arm strength to throw downfield, once teams figured out the Wildcat, he could easily be stopped.

Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]