View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Confirmed: Keller out for season 
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Confirmed: Keller out for season
Alex Marvez ✔ @alexmarvez

Filed to @FOXSports confirming what we thought: @MiamiDolphins TE Dustin Keller (knee) out for season, FOX Sports has learned. Next man up.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:25 am

Post Re: Confirmed: Keller out for season
Quote:
Initial tests conducted on Miami Dolphins tight end Dustin Keller indicate he suffered a season-ending knee injury in Saturday night's preseason game against the Houston Texans, a source told FOX Sports.

The good news for Keller is the source said the injury is not believed to be career-threatening and that he could be back to work next spring. Keller will undergo an MRI on Sunday to confirm all of these initial fears.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/dust ... ury-081813

Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:30 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Are we still waiting for the MRI results? Either way, good luck DK.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:33 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

It really sucks that the Dolphins are losing Keller, but now one of the younger guys needs to step it up and fill that void. Clay, Egnew and Sims are all very capable to be a big impact (at least in my opinion), but the big question is, who is going to be the guy that steps up and becomes a consistent factor for Tannehill.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:46 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Finhead34 wrote:
It really sucks that the Dolphins are losing Keller, but now one of the younger guys needs to step it up and fill that void. Clay, Egnew and Sims are all very capable to be a big impact (at least in my opinion), but the big question is, who is going to be the guy that steps up and becomes a consistent factor for Tannehill.

As Rich said, next man up. They are going to HAVE to step up. Hate it for Dustin, as he took a chance on a 1 year contract.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:01 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Ireland's job is on the line this year. I could see a mid to late round pick being traded. Philly and KC have too many TE's on their roster. Would probably move one for a 5th or 6th rounder.Egnew can't block. Sims can't get open. Clay plays smaller than his size at TE and has been playing FB most of camp. Fins have a trainwreck at TE now. Ireland has to make a move of some sort beyond picking up garbage players still on the waiver wire like Boss, Shockey,...etc. Not saying that won't happen, I could see waiver wire guys in Tuesday for tryouts and someone signed that same day. But he might  make a small trade to get something somewhat decent and a capable player instead.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:08 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Is there any chance Keller joins us again for 2014?

Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:34 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Finhead34 wrote:

What blows is Miami finally gets a TE that can exploit the D & this happens. Well he will be cheap next year

Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:38 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Is there any chance Keller joins us again for 2014?

Dphins4me wrote:
What blows is Miami finally gets a TE that can exploit the D & this happens. Well he will be cheap next year

I don't see Keller in a Dolphins uniform next year. He will be pushing 30 next year and coming off major knee surgery. Not a good combination

Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:59 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

This is a huge gut punch to the offense. Devastating loss.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:02 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

He could be signed to a one year deal next season for considerably less. I hope he makes it back to play somewhere, but hopestly I would like the Dolphins to have found more of a long term answer next offseason.

In this NFL, you have to be the kind of team that constantly brings in talent and isn't afraid to lose a few players. The building can never stop.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:05 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:

Dolphins TE Dustin Keller tore his ACL, MCL, PCL and, as if that weren't enough, dislocated his knee, per source.
Retweeted by Adam Beasley

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter

Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:09 pm

AQNOR wrote:
Quote:

Dolphins TE Dustin Keller tore his ACL, MCL, PCL and, as if that weren't enough, dislocated his knee, per source.

Christ...

Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:19 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:

I agree man. I can't say it enough. He theoretically made it so that secondaries couldn't just sit on all the outside routes.

Man .... that Shefter report is horrific. Poor guy .... rolled the dice on a 1 year deal to try and make more money next year and all it takes is one needless shot at the legs like that.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:22 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

TommyNoleFin wrote:
Ireland's job is on the line this year. I could see a mid to late round pick being traded. Philly and KC have too many TE's on their roster. Would probably move one for a 5th or 6th rounder.Egnew can't block. Sims can't get open. Clay plays smaller than his size at TE and has been playing FB most of camp. Fins have a trainwreck at TE now. Ireland has to make a move of some sort beyond picking up garbage players still on the waiver wire like Boss, Shockey,...etc. Not saying that won't happen, I could see waiver wire guys in Tuesday for tryouts and someone signed that same day. But he might  make a small trade to get something somewhat decent and a capable player instead.

To me, that the absolute worse thing that Ireland can do. Miami revamped their wide receiver corp as well, and you have to hope that Mike Wallace and Brandon Gibson are ready to step up. Mike Wallace looked good last night.

Hopefully a waiver wire pickup is possible, but trading a pick for a TE is a disaster of an ideal.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:05 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Sorry but that was a freakin' cheap shot. Dude when straight for the knees. You can't take a guy on up high so your a wuss and take his knee out? This is a tough loss because he and RT had a lot of chemistry early.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:36 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

I agree man. I can't say it enough. He theoretically made it so that secondaries couldn't just sit on all the outside routes.

Man .... that Shefter report is horrific. Poor guy .... rolled the dice on a 1 year deal to try and make more money next year and all it takes is one needless shot at the legs like that.

I didn't think you liked Keller much.

Rock Sexton wrote:
ObiwanPhinobi wrote:
AdamSchefter

Former Jets TE Dustin Keller reached agreement on a one-year deal with the Miami Dolphins.

Why am I so underwhelmed by this ..... at least it was only a 1 year deal.

With you, it's always bad for the Dolphins.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:57 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

rodneyfaile wrote:

I made no secret I preferred the likes of Cook and Bennett first. That doesn't change anything that I've brought up in terms of offensive strategy and the impact that will be felt without Keller in there. Even being underwhelmed by his signing, it was clear watching him in the preseason what was developing between he and Tanny.

But we can play this game of digging up past player comments if you'd like though.

Quote:

Just like with you nothing on this team is ever worth critiquing? "Ohhhhhhmergerd how com u no likes evrythingz?"

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:36 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

Phins Rock wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
Quote:

Christ...

careful with that word around here

Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:36 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
rodneyfaile wrote:

I made no secret I preferred the likes of Cook and Bennett first. That doesn't change anything that I've brought up in terms of offensive strategy and the impact that will be felt without Keller in there. Even being underwhelmed by his signing, it was clear watching him in the preseason what was developing between he and Tanny.

But we can play this game of digging up past player comments if you'd like though.

Quote:

Just like with you nothing on this team is ever worth critiquing? "Ohhhhhhmergerd how com u no likes evrythingz?"

So you are underwhelmed by his signing but its a tragedy when he is injured? Which is it? Or are you just constantly negative?

Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:50 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

For every terrible loss and player going down, it also creates opportunity for the next in line to step up. Miami has 3 more tight ends on the roster and I think between those 3, ONE, of them is going to step up and become a very good connection for Tannehill.

Lots of "ifs", but if Clay becomes that Keller like tight end we all hoped for when he was drafted, now is his time. Egnew and Sims are big athletic targets, so promise there too.

No need to look elsewhere unless something crazy happens on the waiver and I am personally convinced, one of our existing will come through.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:56 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

rodneyfaile wrote:
So you are underwhelmed by his signing but its a tragedy when he is injured? Which is it? Or are you just constantly negative?

I can see where the "fail" in your handle comes from now, because clearly you cannot grasp English.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:25 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
rodneyfaile wrote:

I can see where the "fail" in your handle comes from now, because clearly you cannot grasp English.

So you change the subject and resort to personal insults when someone calls you on your constant negativity. Way to stay classy.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:38 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

AQNOR wrote:
Quote:

This could be a career ending injury. I feel bad for Keller. I was really looking forward to seeing Wallace and Keller together in this offense.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:48 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Phins Rock wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
Quote:

Christ...

He may never play another down of football

Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:24 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I think Armando also tweeted that the doctors feared nerve damage too but don't know yet.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:27 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly

Dustin Keller opted to sign a 1-year deal with Miami worth $4.25 million. Only $2.35 million of that deal was guaranteed.

https://twitter.com/OmarKelly

Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:29 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Well that was some short lived excitement.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:11 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

IamPZ wrote:
Well that was some short lived excitement.

The curse of Shula. Miami has not done squat since he was ran out of town after the '95 season. No good breaks.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:34 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

rodneyfaile wrote:
So you change the subject and resort to personal insults when someone calls you on your constant negativity. Way to stay classy.

Not changing any subject. I choose not to get involved in your childish game of "Well you said he underwhelmed you". Apparently you're too stubborn to think that anyone can change their opinion of a player ......... that when you make your opening remark about him, it's set in stone and you're never allowed to change your mind.

That's clown stuff bro. I don't give two hoots about whether my player analysis is wrong or right, just as long as we win games.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:30 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Radios reporting it might be nerve damage as well. Football aside, that has to be an incredible personal trauma.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:45 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
Not changing any subject. I choose not to get involved in your childish game of "Well you said he underwhelmed you". Apparently you're too stubborn to think that anyone can change their opinion of a player ......... that when you make your opening remark about him, it's set in stone and you're never allowed to change your mind.

That's clown stuff bro. I don't give two hoots about whether my player analysis is wrong or right, just as long as we win games.

What did he do to change your opinion of him Rock? From what I saw in the preseason, he all that particularly impressive.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:46 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

thats too bad....next man up. get it done !

Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:03 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
rodneyfaile wrote:

Then why didn't you just say that you were wrong in your initial appraisal, and have since changed your mind, instead of insulting me?
I think because it's the other aspect. You chose to always see the negative. You see the down side of every acquisition and the loss in every departure. It just gets irritating sometimes.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:49 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

rodneyfaile wrote:
I think because it's the other aspect. You chose to always see the negative. You see the down side of every acquisition and the loss in every departure. It just gets irritating sometimes.

When people stay negative I tend to start to tune them out. It's like being a total homer in the opposite sense as it's irrational.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:24 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

pepperfoot wrote:
thats too bad....next man up. get it done !

Ireland did a nice job in getting Keller here ... and on the cheap. Losing him for the season was just bad luck. Ireland invested in a mid 3rd rounder last year in Egnew and a high 4th rounder this year in Sims. Egnew is supposed to be the receiving tight end and Sims is the blocking tight end. They definitely need to step up as they are getting that chance now. Both of them committed holding penalties last week, but Sims looked very aggressive in his penalty ... kind of put a smile on my face. Egnew ... well, I don't see the improvement over last year.

BTW, pepperfoot, thanks for joining in with us this year.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:30 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Some people see the glass half-full, some see it half empty. Look, No one gets every player right, nor does anyone get them all wrong. We all give our opinions regarding players and we I believe we all want them to succeed. Emotions run high when something like this happens, remember, we are all on the same the team.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:37 am

Makchell wrote:
Look, No one gets every player right,.

Speak for yourself...

Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:48 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

rodneyfaile wrote:
Then why didn't you just say that you were wrong in your initial appraisal, and have since changed your mind, instead of insulting me?

You ALWAYS choose to make assumptions.

The reason my opinion irritates you is strictly maturity-related or lackthereof. This is no surprise to me though. I've been a Dolphins fan for almost 30 years now. In recent times I've spent countless offseasons listening to all the reasons I'm supposed to immediately remove my concerns ..... all the feel good articles about acorns ..... and all the other fans who get angry when you don't immediately subscribe. But but but but but we spent huge monies in da free agencies!!!!!

Tell our team to put wins out there. Tell them to consistently make the playoffs. Do that and I'll happily subscribe. Until then, I'll continue to scrutinize areas I see fit. I'm far gone from the days of being an over-zealoused, over-emotional fan. Sitting through the shenanigans since Danny retired beat it out of me. Now I just view them through an even-keel, analytical lense. No big highs, no big lows.

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:37 am, edited 4 times in total.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:23 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
When people stay negative I tend to start to tune them out. It's like being a total homer in the opposite sense as it's irrational.

Are you tuning me out Dave? :sadface:

Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next