View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ] 
 Richie Incognito had another incident 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Richie Incognito had another incident
Quote:
By Adam Schefter | ESPN

Miami Dolphins guard Richie Incognito, no stranger to altercations, was involved in another notable one before training camp.

After a late night at a nightclub in the Fountainbleu hotel in Miami, Incognito punched and knocked out a hotel security guard, according to league sources.

One person who knows Incognito says the Dolphins guard was punched first.

There is videotape of the incident but the hotel is unwilling to turn it over and the NFL has not yet seen it -- and might not due to fact that it is the hotel's property and the Fountainbleu prefers that attention not be brought to the issue.

The Dolphins have been aware of the incident because, as one source said, "they've done everything to bury it."

The NFL declined comment. The league knows it cannot police all altercations involving NFL players, though this one happened in public, with witnesses. It still is premature, but Incognito's altercation could be a violation of the NFL's personal conduct policy. ...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/s ... mp-sources

Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:27 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Richie Incognito had another incident
What kind of an idiot punches Richie Incognito?

Dude got what he had coming.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:51 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Not sure what conduct code he violated, being accused of something in the media is hardly proof of wrong doing..

Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:59 pm

According to the police report (per Adam Beasley) Richie was trying to break up a fight, got hit, and punched the guy out.

Non-story to me. I'm not concerned.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:32 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
Adam Beasley

The incident began, according to the bouncer, when Incognito and his friends got too close to the stage. OK, time to write.

Incognito was the only one injured, according to Miami Beach police. Again, he refused treatment. He and his friends were kicked out.

NFL is declining comment on the Incognito incident.
Expand

I gotta say, if ESPN had simply called Miami Beach PD for the police report, this would be a far different story.
Expand

Miami Beach police's version of events was that Fontainebleau guard Carlos Joseph hit Incognito.
Expand

Here's the truth about what happened, according to Miami Beach police: Incognito was trying to break up a fight, and got hit.
Expand

Incognito suffered abrasions and bruises, but refused treatment, the report states.

https://twitter.com/AdamHBeasley

Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:34 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

If he was hit first and gets suspended, the NFL is ridiculous.

What would be next, a guy getting suspended for tackling a gunman who was trying to shoot him?

Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:36 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Martin has had problems with the timing of his punch. While I am not suggesting he go out clubbing with Richie and company maybe some time spent Incognito would not be bad?

Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:42 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

As many times as Incognito gets into it with players on the field, he seems to keep a low profile away from it.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Incognito is one of those guys you love on your team but hate on another team, kinda like Dennis Rodman.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:59 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Incognito is one of those guys you love on your team but hate on another team, kinda like Dennis Rodman.

Yep, funny, how he is a "perceived" dirty player and then he gets into a fight...hmmmm. BUT he's on the Fins so go Richie, go!

Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:27 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Is that supposed to be a "perceived" funny?

Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:46 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:

News of the fight first broke on ESPN when the network, citing unnamed sources, reported Wednesday that Incognito punched and knocked out a security guard at the Fontainebleau late one night before training camp. At least one source in the story said Incognito did not throw the first punch.

But a copy of the Miami Beach police report offered more context. Early the morning of June 10, Incognito and a group of friends were at Club Liv when they got a little too close to the stage.

A security guard named Carlos Joseph told the group to get back, but, as Joseph told police later, they refused profanely. A fight then broke out between Joseph and Incognito, the club employee stated.

However, Incognito told police a much different story. Incognito told police he did not throw a single punch. He said he was trying to break up a fight between Joseph and a friend, and Joseph punched him in the face. Police later noticed scrapes and abrasions on Incognito’s face, although he declined medical attention. According to the police report, no visible injuries were recorded on Joseph. It was Incognito who called 911, not the nightclub. ...

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/08/22/3 ... rylink=cpy

Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:46 am

Makchell wrote:

Yep, funny, how he is a "perceived" dirty player and then he gets into a fight...hmmmm. BUT he's on the Fins so go Richie, go!

Since you're such an angel, I'm assuming if a guy punches you in the face, you'll just walk away.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:27 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

I loved one of Omars interviews with a player when he asked him who he wants to have his back in a fight..the response..."Oh that's easy, Ritchie"

Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:05 am

Rich wrote:
Makchell wrote:

Since you're such an angel, I'm assuming if a guy punches you in the face, you'll just walk away.

If its you, I'd ask if someone saw the fly that landed on my face...then walk away laughing.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:06 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
Rich wrote:
Makchell wrote:

If its you, I'd ask if someone saw the fly that landed on my face...then walk away laughing.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:46 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
Rich wrote:
Makchell wrote:

:)

Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:58 pm

Makchell wrote:

Actually that is right on. We knew what we were getting with Incognito & that is a good thing. He brought a much needed attitude to this team. I am not sure what really happened in this incident & even if Incognito had every right to do what he did , his involvement should not come as a surprise. And that is not a bad thing either. I am not getting down on him but just like the Keller hit where if it happened to Gronk it might have had a thread on here of 5 posts ... if Incognito were on another team we would say he is just making his reputation valid and who needs those off the field distractions.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:54 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Man, someone that preaches facts and stats to most posters sure has a lot of opinions and assumptions lately. I'm no angel and I would prob. throw the first punch if I felt threatened. I also avoid situations where I might have to fight or break up a fight. I am also older and wiser than Richie too! lol

I am not sure what really happened in this incident & even if Incognito had every right to do what he did , his involvement should not come as a surprise. And that is not a bad thing either

The dude has been in situations since college, it's just funny to me.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:01 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Ritchie is my favorite Dolphin :grin: :grin:

Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:09 pm

Makchell wrote:
Man, someone that preaches facts and stats to most posters sure has a lot of opinions and assumptions lately.

My point flew right over your head. :hithead:

Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:39 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

My point flew right over your head

There was a point to your post? :)

Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:43 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

If Richie punched me in tne face, yes I woukd walk away happy I am alive...lol

Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:56 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Sailor wrote:

I'd like to believe that if Richie (or anyone for that matter) punched me in the face, there'd be a crowd of people so appalled at what they saw that they'd quickly defend me.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:32 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

cspooner13 wrote:
Sailor wrote:

I'd like to believe that if Richie (or anyone for that matter) punched me in the face, there'd be a crowd of people so appalled at what they saw that they'd quickly defend me.

After you punched him first?

Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:16 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

AQNOR wrote:
cspooner13 wrote:
Sailor wrote:

After you punched him first?

I would hope that I would have the good sense not to pick a fight with someone like him.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:27 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
Last season, Smith found himself in a similar position with Incognito during the Texans' season opener. After the game, he complained about what he called dirty play from Incognito and said the Dolphins guard was trying to injure his ankle. The NFL disagreed, fining Smith $21,000 for kicking Incognito. The fine was reduced to $11,000 on appeal

ESPN

Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:46 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Kev1321 wrote:
Quote:
Last season, Smith found himself in a similar position with Incognito during the Texans' season opener. After the game, he complained about what he called dirty play from Incognito and said the Dolphins guard was trying to injure his ankle. The NFL disagreed, fining Smith $21,000 for kicking Incognito. The fine was reduced to $11,000 on appeal

ESPN

On that play it looked to me as if Richie was trying to keep Smith on the ground to keep him from going after the ball carrier.

Sailer wrote:

True Dat! Aren't some of you all making too much of this incident? Heck, I'll be glad when the season begins.

Here's why I love Incognito. Glad he's on my team; otherwise, I'd hate the guy.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:25 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
In a watershed sense, this was validation of Incognito’s turnaround: He walked away from something that, in the past, would have surely sucked him in. But has he truly changed? If so, how does Incognito explain a report last week citing anonymous sources that said he punched a bouncer at a South Florida nightclub in June?

“I don’t want to get into details,” Incognito said. “But I’ll set the record straight -- I didn’t punch anyone.”

Instead, three people who witnessed the encounter told NFL Media that Incognito was trying to defuse a situation at Liv nightclub after attending a Miami Heat playoff game; that he was actually the one who called 911 to report an assault; and that he absolutely did not hit anyone.

Here’s the thing about Incognito: He is not an angel, nor does he claim to be. Yet compared to where Incognito's wild life has taken him in the past, the current path is far less twisted than ever before.

http://www.nfl.com/incognito

Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:14 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:

Defensive end Antonio Smith said today he forgives Miami guard Richie Incognito for instigating two incidents the last two seasons that caused him to be fined last year and suspended for the Texans’ Monday night opener at San Diego. ...

“After all my hurt and pain – my ranting and raving – I felt like they should have done something to him. Why me? ...

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/20 ... incognito/

Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:24 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Quote:

Defensive end Antonio Smith said today he forgives Miami guard Richie Incognito for instigating two incidents the last two seasons that caused him to be fined last year and suspended for the Texans’ Monday night opener at San Diego. ...

“After all my hurt and pain – my ranting and raving – I felt like they should have done something to him. Why me? ...

:cry:

Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]