View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
 Dolphins are shopping KR/WR Ginn JR 
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Post Dolphins are shopping KR/WR Ginn JR
The Dolphins are shopping WR/KR Ted Ginn, according to NFL.com's Jason LaCanfora.

Expected to emerge as a dangerous playmaker and No. 1 receiver, Ginn has instead fallen behind mediocre talents Brian Hartline, Davone Bess, and Greg Camarillo. One of the most drop-plagued receivers in the NFL, Ginn is best used as a situational deep threat and explosive kickoff returner. The Dolphins shouldn't expect more than a mid-round pick in return for the Cam Cameron era's first-round swing-and-miss.
Source: Jason LaCanfora on Twitter

Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:39 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Post Re: Dolphins are shopping KR/WR Ginn JR
I think that would be a stupid move by BP and staff if that to happen ...Ginn is a guy that can stretch the field with speed....and I believe Ginn is improving slowly to fit Henne strong arm/long passing plays..... no other WR on the roster can do that...if Ginn is traded, I think Fins will be in trouble.. Bess, Hartline and Camarillo is just an average WR with average speed...I hope the Fins draft Dez Bryant if he is there #12 or else it gonna be a long season just my 2 cents opinions

Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:46 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

finfever33 wrote:
I think that would be a stupid move by BP and staff if that to happen ...Ginn is a guy that can stretch the field with speed....and I believe Ginn is improving slowly to fit Henne strong arm/long passing plays..... no other WR on the roster can do that...if Ginn is traded, I think Fins will be in trouble.. Bess, Hartline and Camarillo is just an average WR with average speed...I hope the Fins draft Dez Bryant if he is there #12 or else it gonna be a long season just my 2 cents opinions

I agree... I'd rather keep him than trade him for a 5th or whatever

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:11 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

if we keep him and draft a wr [which very possible]
1 wr will have to go off roster
,then who gets released???

do we give up on turner already ?, trade cam?
p white may well be a wr next year as well ??
its possible we may have to get rid of 2 wr`s off our roster if p white converts ???

for me ginn goes as soon as we draft a wr!!

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:33 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

moley wrote:
if we keep him and draft a wr [which very possible]
1 wr will have to go off roster
,then who gets released???

do we give up on turner already ?, trade cam?
p white may well be a wr next year as well ??
its possible we may have to get rid of 2 wr`s off our roster if p white converts ???

for me ginn goes as soon as we draft a wr!!

We more than likely are shopping him now to try and unload him on draft day possibly.

If we get the guy in the 1st or 2nd round that the regime has their eye on, they probably pull the trigger on the trade. If the guy they want doesn't pan out... they keep him...

Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:09 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

:hooray:

I was hoping they'd deal for a 4th or 5th. If I'm the GM, I plan on cutting him anyway, so to get a pick for him would be wonderful.
Jacoby Ford, Trindon Holliday among others are options to replace the man with no hands...and even if they fail, Patrick Cobbs can return kicks along with Bess doing punt return duties.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:21 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Some serious house cleaning rumors going on in Miami. Porter, Ayodele, Wilson are official and Ginn, Brown and Smiley are on the block.

I think a team out there may offer a 3rd for Ginn. He has no history of criminal activity, no issues as a teammate, works hard and is very young. Teams I think would be interested include Pittsburgh, Seattle, San Diego and, everybody calm down, New England. I know Miami would never deal him to NE but Belichick has commented on how he loves Ginn's speed and I bet would inquire.

Pittsburgh is pretty obvious. I think San Diego could use a speed guy to go along with their big WRs. I could see Pete Carroll going after him as well.

Of course Baltimore may call, but with Boldin, Mason, Stallworth and Clayton I'm not sure there is room for Ginn.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:55 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I think it would be a good deal and see what we git for Ginn....yeah he has speed we can get some one with speed n the later rounds if so I mean is Ginns hands anybetter than a guy we pick up in the 4 or later rounds what good will it do to keep him and Henn throws it deep and Ginn still drops it or some rokie who might do the same or better say see what we can get for him now

Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:22 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
Some serious house cleaning rumors going on in Miami. Porter, Ayodele, Wilson are official and Ginn, Brown and Smiley are on the block.

I think a team out there may offer a 3rd for Ginn. He has no history of criminal activity, no issues as a teammate, works hard and is very young. Teams I think would be interested include Pittsburgh, Seattle, San Diego and, everybody calm down, New England. I know Miami would never deal him to NE but Belichick has commented on how he loves Ginn's speed and I bet would inquire.

Pittsburgh is pretty obvious. I think San Diego could use a speed guy to go along with their big WRs. I could see Pete Carroll going after him as well.

Of course Baltimore may call, but with Boldin, Mason, Stallworth and Clayton I'm not sure there is room for Ginn.

If a team offers a 3rd for Ginn...regardless of the team, you do it. Belichick calls up and wants to give Miami a third for a guy that can't catch, by all means, do it.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:29 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Ginn is worth more to us than he would be to any other team in a trade. However, I wouldn't be opposed to trading him in a package, or if there is someone available at a certain draft spot that we are very high on.

This wouldn't happen unless it was on draft day itself.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:25 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Trading Ginn only makes sense if you are going to get some reasonable value for him. For as many shortcomings as he has, he does have something most guys don't, great speed. He is worth it to have on your roster even if he is not going to be a number one unless you can get something better than fourth round pick for him. And considering that the more accomplished Santonio Holmes just went for a fifth, I don't think we should hold our breath.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:02 pm

Iowafin wrote:
:hooray:

I was hoping they'd deal for a 4th or 5th. If I'm the GM, I plan on cutting him anyway, so to get a pick for him would be wonderful.
Jacoby Ford, Trindon Holliday among others are options to replace the man with no hands...and even if they fail, Patrick Cobbs can return kicks along with Bess doing punt return duties.

We agree on almost everything but Ted Ginn and Pat White lol... your eagerness to get rid of Ginn is frightening to me!!

:runwiththeball:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:43 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

With Marshall aboard I hope Miami does not move Ginn. The pressure is now off him to be the No. 1 Wr & would be very comfortable being Miami's No. 2 man. I fully expect his play to vastly improve since the pressue is off. I think he was pressing & thinking & not just playing. I believe his speed will destroy most No. 2 CB in the NFL, since he will be single covered. Miami could have a very good passing game with Marshall, Ginn as starters. Bess in the slot & Hartline/Cam/Turner ( maybe ) being the backups.

Hartline might have some trade value also

Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:51 am

Well, with Marshall added someone is going... and Ginn and Camarillo are the only guys not drafted/picked up by this regime.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:55 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I would like to see the offense with a true #1 WR - Marshall - and Ginn as an added element. Ginn has not proven himself as a true WR, but now that might be possible. Much less pressure and he will be free to do more of the stuff only he can do - fly patterns and posts straight down the field. That would be interesting to me. Marshall, Bess and Hartline running routes and Ginn just flying past the secondary - that would be sweet.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:51 am

Dphins4me wrote:
With Marshall aboard I hope Miami does not move Ginn. The pressure is now off him to be the No. 1 Wr & would be very comfortable being Miami's No. 2 man. I fully expect his play to vastly improve since the pressue is off. I think he was pressing & thinking & not just playing. I believe his speed will destroy most No. 2 CB in the NFL, since he will be single covered. Miami could have a very good passing game with Marshall, Ginn as starters. Bess in the slot & Hartline/Cam/Turner ( maybe ) being the backups.

Hartline might have some trade value also

I think a good rotation goes on opposite Marshall, but I agree that Ginn will be playing MUCH better than he did for most of last year. He will no longer have consistent pressure over the top to deal with.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:37 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Iowafin wrote:
jammer wrote:

If a team offers a 3rd for Ginn...regardless of the team, you do it. Belichick calls up and wants to give Miami a third for a guy that can't catch, by all means, do it.

The horse is DEAD Iowa, you can stop beating it now.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:51 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Why trade him for a mid round pick??? He has greasy speed, he is a fine return man, and at this point he is still under his rookie contract so he is not costing us too much. This move does not make sense to me right now.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:03 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Anyone know if there are some offers out there for Ginn as of yet? Or is it more of Ginn and another player included with him?

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:26 am
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Iowafin wrote:
If I'm the GM, I plan on cutting him anyway,

atleast in these tough times I can take joy in knowing you are not the GM of my team

Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:25 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

MTFan wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
If I'm the GM, I plan on cutting him anyway,

atleast in these tough times I can take joy in knowing you are not the GM of my team

Amen to that! :awe:

Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:40 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

A fifth round pick is better than an outright cut.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:15 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AQNOR wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:40 pm
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Iowafin wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

Iowafin wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

My buddy called me today. He said, we got a fifth for Ted Ginn.

And I said ......

of what...?

:fart:

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:55 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

The Hen wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

Iowafin wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

My buddy called me today. He said, we got a fifth for Ted Ginn.

And I said ......

of what...?

:fart:

:)

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]