View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Time for a poll......1 week away 

what side of the ball/ with or w/out brown
offense 11%  11%  [ 4 ]
defense 44%  44%  [ 16 ]
with brown 33%  33%  [ 12 ]
without brown 11%  11%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 36

Time for a poll......1 week away 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Time for a poll......1 week away
Here is a two part poll. What side of the ball do we draft first and is ronnie going to be a phin this season or not. When answering the responses please input your gut feeling on what player you believe will be the pick for that side of the ball. I like to see all your guys opinions, cuz it gives different perspectives. Thanks

***exciting week***

Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:37 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Time for a poll......1 week away
oh yeah. I chose ronnie brown a phin, cuz i can't see him wearing another uniform. My gut says defense because I don't see our FO loading up on offense. I think Jason Pierre paul if avail.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:40 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Im with you on ronnie being a phin this year, and i see us going defense as well. I see us going with Thomas at FS if avaliable and if not then I think we draft a NT. Can't see Pierre-Paul being the pick though.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:13 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

I would be shocked if Miami were to trade him. I just can't see it happening.

As far as who we go with, I think ultimately we end up taking the best offer on the table, trade down and select Jerry Hughes. He'll be one hell of a weakside rusher from day 1. He's not great against the run, but he plays hard on every snap, has tons of experience, has the best speed coming off the edge in this entire draft, and comes in as a good character guy.

To me, the only debate is which OLB Miami takes in round 1. I can't see them not going with a pass rusher.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:46 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

I went with Offense and without Brown. Although I love Brown and I appreciate what he did for this team when he was actually on the field... there's no denying he can't stay healthy... and if we're going to have a "featured back" on this team, we're going to need him to be on the field.

With the 12th selection on the 2010 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select RB CJ Spiller, Clemson.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:08 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I went with defense with Ronnie. I just don't see Miami getting a 2nd-3rd round pick for a RB that has had injury issues and now has a DUI on his record.

When on the field, Ronnie is an impact back, but you cannot ignore his injury history and then Detroit would have to pay Ronnie.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:38 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

IamPZ wrote:
I went with Offense and without Brown. Although I love Brown and I appreciate what he did for this team when he was actually on the field... there's no denying he can't stay healthy... and if we're going to have a "featured back" on this team, we're going to need him to be on the field.

With the 12th selection on the 2010 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select RB CJ Spiller, Clemson.

You didn't have to tell us your vote,you could have just said look at my sig....lol

Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:22 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

IamPZ wrote:

I with PZ all the way. All signs point to Spiller. They traded our biggest threat on ST. They are trying to acquire Laboy at OLB. Most recently they are trying to shop Ronnie Brown. If Spiller is there I think that they grab him.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:33 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

finfan808 wrote:
IamPZ wrote:

I with PZ all the way. All signs point to Spiller. They traded our biggest threat on ST. They are trying to acquire Laboy at OLB. Most recently they are trying to shop Ronnie Brown. If Spiller is there I think that they grab him.

Signs only point to what you want them to point to. Maybe that's exactly what they want other teams to think, so that they will trade up for Spiller.
But if you think Laboy is anything more than a special team's guy (if signed), then you have your hopes in the wrong place.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:53 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I think the FO goes defense with the first pick......I think the position will either be S, NT or OLB.

I say with Ronnie because I don't think they will get what they are looking for in a trade. It will be hard to get more than a 3rd round pick for him, and I don't see them dealing Ronnie for less than a 2nd.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]