View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 
 Fins at Saints predictions 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Fins at Saints predictions
The Fins are going to put up a fight and I believe we are going to see a shootout and RT is going to impress. Saints going for 11th win in a row at home, they succeed 35-31 Saints. Phins lose, but look like contenders agasint a very good footbal team. They are in the NFC, so all is not lost.....

Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:57 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Post Re: Fins at Saints predictions
Phins surprise with a game plan that amazes us all. Drew Brees is shut down!

Phins 30
Saints 17

Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:46 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Saints Defense really gets up for these home televised games. I don't see that changing. Miami's OC is going to have to take a few chances deep to beat the Saints and I don't think they're prepared to do that. Saints 35, Miami 21

Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:14 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

The Saints are due for a major injury between now and Monday.
Dolphins 31
Saints 17

Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:03 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

In spite of a good overall effort, our beat up secondary is over-matched, and Jimmy Graham scores twice on us. Tannehill and Brees engage in a classic shootout but we come up short 34-27.

Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:09 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Notes: RB Mark Ingram (toe, right foot), DT Broderick Bunkley (right calf), S Roman Harper (left knee), WR Lance More (hand) and DE Tom Johnson (hamstring) did not practice on Friday. Starting RG Jahri Evans (hamstring) was listed as limited, as was starting CB Jabari Greer

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/09/27/3 ... rylink=cpy

Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:23 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

31-20 Saints

Even if this happens, 3-1 is a fine record and a pleasant surprise! That win over the Falcons was so fulfilling for this fan. I think the Ravens are beatable next week, but their performance against the Texans was unsettling. Coming out of he bye, I hope to see a fired up and healthy Dolphins team. Playoffs? Could it be?

Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:19 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Dolphins practice report

Quote:
Defensive linemen, including Wake, dropped back into coverage and practiced interceptions.

Thats gonna be key to having a chance to slow up Jimmy

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/dolphins-blog/sfl-dolphins-practice-report-soliai-limited-wake-is-more-active-20130928,0,6018027.story

Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:20 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I think we a shot to win this game! Going into the Dome is tough but I don't think the Saints are ready for us. Rob Ryan has a good defensive mind but he is beatable. They haven't faced much for opposing offenses yet. Week 1 Flacons, Roddy barely played, TGonz had some rust to shake off, & Steven Jackson had some very nice numbers including 5 catches for 45 yards. If we want a chance we have to get the ball to our play makers in space. After that the Saints played the Bucs, which had a huge defensive game. Clearly they did something right because Brees had one of the worst games I've ever seen him play. & finally Arizona, come on.

I think Lamar & this offense finds a new level Monday night. This is a new year & a whole new franchise. Our time is now & we got something for New Orleans!

37 - 31 Phins Up!

Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:34 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I understand people being realistic but let's not get complacent. Last week changed my tune on what this team can accomplish and I will be highly disappointed if they are beaten on Monday night.

Brees is more clutch than Luck or Ryan, but he is vulnerable to bad games. Slowing the game down will be key aka producing a good ground game.

Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:41 am

Quote:
and I will be highly disappointed if they are beaten on Monday night.
I think while we all want a win on MNF, this is probably the toughest game on their schedule. So I wouldn't be too disappointed if they get beat. At some point, as with all teams, they'll need to get beat to drive them to further wins. The sour taste of losing if a powerful motivator. In any case, I will only be disappointed if they get blown out and look totally unprepared.

Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:54 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

jammer wrote:
I understand people being realistic but let's not get complacent. Last week changed my tune on what this team can accomplish and I will be highly disappointed if they are beaten on Monday night.

Brees is more clutch than Luck or Ryan, but he is vulnerable to bad games. Slowing the game down will be key aka producing a good ground game.

Thank you Jammer! Glad I'm not alone

Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:55 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

jammer wrote:

Miami has to do a better job of stopping the run. To let Atlanta establish a run game last week to me was unforgivable. YOU CANNOT let the Saints establish the run game.

Offensively, Ryan has to do a better job of getting the ball out of his hands so he want take as many hits, but the OL has to step up their play. The Saints have done a good job of getting pressure with just 4 DL personnel.

This is a game that Mike Wallace needs to have a big game.

Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:09 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:
Quote:
and I will be highly disappointed if they are beaten on Monday night.
I think while we all want a win on MNF, this is probably the toughest game on their schedule. So I wouldn't be too disappointed if they get beat. At some point, as with all teams, they'll need to get beat to drive them to further wins. The sour taste of losing if a powerful motivator. In any case, I will only be disappointed if they get blown out and look totally unprepared.

As I said, I understand being realistic and giving due credit to probably the most difficult opponent on the schedule.

But this is about an attitude change. I don't think Miami is going 16-0 but I expect them to position themselves to win every game and will be disappointed when they lose. For the last 13 years it has always been a "well at the least they played well" attitude. I'm now beyond that with what I've been seeing.

Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:38 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

The saints are probably the toughest team I see on our Schedule. The key to this victory is the very thing that Miami has not done well at all. Run blocking and pass blocking. If Miami can get a great running game and keep the ball out of Drew Brees hands they will win. They need to have the same effectiveness the Falcons had on us last week. Chew up clock break their defense and keep the time rolling. The Saints will undoubtedly have one last chance to either win or tie with their final drive so another defensive stand will have to seal the victory probably. Miami's pass game is pretty good. The run game needs to show up. If they get the run game going I'll take Miami
33-31. If they don't I'll have to say the Saints will win at home 31-24.

Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:41 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

DOLPHINS - 27
'aints 24

Tannehill and Gibson set Sturgis up for the 4th quarter game winner.

Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:43 pm
Profile WWW

The Saints in the Superdome on a Monday Night is as tough as it gets for any team.

31-24 New Orleans
Tannehill keeps it close but can't quite do enough to pull out the W.

Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:57 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

[b]The sour taste of losing if a powerful motivator.

I used to think that until I watched the Dolphins play the past 5 seasons and they were not motivated after all those losses.

Dolphins will upset New Orleans on the road and on Monday night football and show everyone they are a legit threat this season. The time is now for Miami!

Dolphins 27 Saints 24

Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:37 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

This is the toughest regular season game Miami will play this year. The Saints are the best defense Miami has seen so far this year for points allowed. If Miami's defense can limit the Saints offense to FG's instead of TD's they have a chance. Not having Soliai, Wake and Patterson at 100% is a definite challenge. If Miami can run the ball on offense they have a chance. If Tannehill can continue to limit turnovers they have a chance. Those are a lot of ifs. Saints 31 Dolphins 20.

Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:53 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Taking into account all of the injuries on defense (Patterson, Wake, Soliai, Misi), not to mention how thin we are at cornerback (hopefully Taylor and Davis can play and make a difference), it is difficult for me to envision the defense being successful against the Saints offense. The defense has been playing a bend but don't break style and tightening the screws in the fourth quarter, but you can only do that so often and against a QB like Brees, if you aren't getting pressure with your front four, you're in for a long day. He's excellent at tearing up the blitz and will figure out any coverage you throw at him. The way to beat him is to pressure him with the defensive line and play just enough coverage to slow down his reads a bit.

With a banged up Wake, it won't be easy to bring that pressure without blitzing and if we blitz, he'll eat us alive.

And with being so thin in the secondary right now, I don't see how we stop all of the weapons the Saints deploy on offense.

The Saints will gain a lot of yards and score on a lot of drives. The question is can we stop them in the redzone? With Jimmy Graham and Marques Colston in the line up, and with our struggles against tight ends and our lack of depth at corner right now, that is a tall order.

On offense, the Dolphins running game will be key. The Saints are giving up 5.3 yards per carry on the ground, which is second to last in the NFL.

The Saints have done a good job of slowing down team's passing games and have 8 sacks and 4 interceptions on the season.

If this turns into a shootout, Tannehill will need help from the running game because the Saints aggressive pass defense versus the Dolphins suspect pass blocking is cause for concern.

The saving grace for the Dolphins here is that the Saints haven't really faced stiff competition besides the Falcons. Tampa Bay and Arizona are not exactl tough tests. The Dolphins meanwhile are becoming used to going to hostile territory or coming from behind to win the game in the 2nd half. They are just a little more tested than the Saints.

But at the end of the day, this is Drew Brees, one of the best passers in the league today, at home, in a dome on Monday Night.

The odds are not looking good for a Dolphins win.

Dolphins 24
Saints 31

Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:28 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

the Saints haven't really faced stiff competition besides the Falcons

1-3 Falcons BTW

Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:53 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

1-3 Falcons BTW

I still think the Falcons's are a good team, but after watching New England have their way better than Miami did with those guys and in Atlanta, certainly doesn't get me pounding the chest that Miami beat an elite team.

Tonight though is a huge test playing a top NFL team as it is obvious Sean Payton has these guys buying back into his ways and they have been pretty successful so far. A win tonight would really vault the confidence level.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:56 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Finhead34 wrote:
1-3 Falcons BTW

I still think the Falcons's are a good team, but after watching New England have their way better than Miami did with those guys and in Atlanta, certainly doesn't get me pounding the chest that Miami beat an elite team.

It is tough to tell with Atlanta. I have no doubt the Miami win was demoralizing for them and that may have put added pressure on last night's game.

I still say it was a good win against a team capable of going deep into the playoffs.

Tonight's game will be harder on all ends.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:19 am

I guess what last night's game showed me is that NE is better than I thought...which is irritating. Even after Wilfork went out their defense didn't suffer much against the run. It always seems plug and play with NE while in Miami there's a huge dropoff when the starter is out. In any case, Atlanta will bounce...they've lost to 3 potential playoff teams @NO and @Miami and then NE at home. If we're going to compare records, take a look at the surprising Cleveland Browns. Keep in mind we beat them on their turf. Also take a look at Indy. Miami is sitting well even if they get beat tonight. So anyway, you have to be happy that this team is 3-0 at this point. I went out on a limb and said if they were 3-2 at the break, they would be in the playoffs. I still feel that way. 4-1 = division title run

Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:25 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Wake & Soliai look like they'll play. Saints move the ball, but Phins keep them out of the endzone most of the night. Phins 31, Saints 23.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:10 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I'd rather let them recover properly instead of rushing them back as Washington did with RG3.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:49 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I think we are much more creative offensively than some here give us credit for. I think that is why we are having so much success in the red zone. When Clay lined up in the backfield Atlanta thought he was getting the goal line carry again and they all bought the fake and Sims scored on the nifty dump pass from 17. Been forever since we had a smart offense.

Dilfer and Young think we have a great comination of coach and QB. We will compete for rings now.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:14 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Tell me if I'm wrong........but I believe Herm Edwards still thinks John Beck is our QB. It comes at the 43 second mark, where he says "and Beck's been hit a lot" ..........obviously he should have said Tanehill.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/nflpreview?gameId=330930018

Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]