View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ] 
 More Brown Rumors 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post More Brown Rumors
Thought I'd throw this one out there too. I remember a while back there was talk of Miami and Detroit discussing a trade. With reports of Brown on the block this may be worth pondering.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ning-back/

Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:51 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: More Brown Rumors
I dont think this will happen, think we will want more for Brown than what they will give up. As for L.White think the Tenn will ask for a lot also. The best bet will be Bills, the talk up here is they cant wait to get rid of him. Or so I hear

Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:56 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Just got a e-mail my brother (loves the bills) says they are looking for a 3rd round pick for M. Lynch. So looks we will have to shop Brown someplace else. I think K.C is looking for a soild back. If we can work out a deal for Brown and 1 of there 2nd round picks, plus move back with the Eagles pick man what draft day

Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:45 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

keep Ronnie Brown he is pretty good, and we won't get what he is worth in a trade. At the most we get a 3-4 round pick.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:51 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Getting rid of Brown and signing Spiller is the move if possible. That being said, I have never hated on Brown and never will. Guy has played great for this team against much adversity. Just bad, bad luck with injuries.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:38 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

onlygators wrote:
Getting rid of Brown and signing Spiller is the move if possible. That being said, I have never hated on Brown and never will. Guy has played great for this team against much adversity. Just bad, bad luck with injuries.

:yay: I m with you he has had bad luck and he did play his a.. off for use if all we get is a 3-4 I say keep him

Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:21 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Just saw this..

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3797 ... nnie-brown

Quote:
According to multiple media sources, the Detroit Lions are actively talking to Miami about a trade for running back Ronnie Brown.

I don't like the idea, Brown is worth a lot to this team.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:18 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Even if for only 9 games, he's worth having on the field.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:24 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Hate to see him go but if we can get a 2nd round pick for him I say do it

Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:00 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

If we can trade down, and trade Ronnie for a 2nd rounder this year I would do it because then we could afford to take Spiller in the first round if he is still there. If not I would like to take Dixon the RB from Miss St in the 3rd or 4th round

Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:11 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I don't think this trade goes down as Detroit could have some nice options in the top portion of the 2nd round at RB or later in the draft.

Good RB's are not hard to find early or late in a draft.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:16 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

phinsfansc wrote:

That is exactly why I could envision Miami dealing Brown. Maybe I'm alone in thinking that, but I could see it happen before next Friday.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:17 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

jammer wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

That is exactly why I could envision Miami dealing Brown. Maybe I'm alone in thinking that, but I could see it happen before next Friday.

I really hope not. Regardless of how easy it is to find RB's, Brown is still the best player that this team has and a leader on the offensive side of the ball.

To me you don't trade away your best players. Very few exceptions/excuses exist for that, and Miami does not have one, IMO.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:42 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Giving Ronnie away for anything less than a second round pick is crazy! He is still relatively young and productive despite his injury history. Plus he is a leader and the focal point of the wildcat.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:52 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

i say keep brown. maybe with marshall we can open up the offense and take pressure of the running backs

Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:59 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I say its not what we think Ronnies value is (2nd). Its all up to what another team thinks his value is, think that will sway the vote for yes or no.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:13 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I don't see a team giving a 2nd round pick for an injury prone back, bad luck in regards to injuries or not. Ronnie has a higher value to Miami than he would any other team and they will not get the value they are looking for.

Phins, I love Ronnie Brown's talent and when he is on the field he has been an impact player. But you can't over look the fact that this guy CANNOT stay healthy for an entire NFL season more times than not.

And it not like he has been pounded with carries like Ricky Williams was in his 1st 2 season with Miami or his time in New Orleans. He's been fortunate enough to share carries with Ricky for 3 of his 5 years in the league.

jammer, I think Miami is wanting a 2nd round pick, maybe 3rd at worst.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:19 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

phinsfansc wrote:
....Ronnie has a higher value to Miami than he would any other team and they will not get the value they are looking for.

When it comes to Ronnie you have to factor in everything. 1) Ronnie is injury prone 2) Played one full season in 5 years. 3) Weigh the 6th year of his contract versus his production and I think you won't be able to find any team that would give anything but a 4th.

To be quite honest, if there was a cap rule in place, Ronnie would not be a fin right now.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:29 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

SC, I think an RB starved team would offer a 3rd rounder for Brown and I think Miami would take it. In this draft no one is going to offer a 2nd rounder (unless Belichick still thinks Brown is a top 5 back).

PR, Brown has done some great things and helped them win games, but I think Miami would use his value to deal for picks to fill other holes. If the team loved him that much why would he be on the block? The Marshall trade pretty much seals the deal for a more balanced and less run heavy offense. I really think Miami could land a quality RB in the draft to pair with Williams to maintain a potent ground game.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:46 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

To me no matter what if all we get is a 3rd for Brown,then we keep him end of story. I really hope the FO thinks the same way. Cause trying to pick a back in the later rounds who will be as productive as Brown is, is a crap shot. I cant think of a team that let there 1(rb) go, then drafted a late round back who was as or more productive? Sure there are backs out there who are stars and were picked late. But show me a team that let go of a Good back and then drafted 1 late and his 1st year was good. So for a 3rd he stays anything else,we will see.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:01 pm

Anyone else amazed on how little value good players now have. Looking back , the Cowboys gave away the farm when they got Roy Williams.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:05 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

FINesse wrote:
Anyone else amazed on how little value good players now have. Looking back , the Cowboys gave away the farm when they got Roy Williams.

because Jerry Jones thinks he knows everything, and when he sets his mind on acquiring someone he will do whatever it takes to get him. The lions probably threw that deal out there first hoping that the cowboys wouldnt quickly hang up, and would try to make a counter offer. When dallas took the deal, detroit was probably as shocked as everyone else.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:11 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

nbrewer22 wrote:
FINesse wrote:

because Jerry Jones thinks he knows everything, and when he sets his mind on acquiring someone he will do whatever it takes to get him. The lions probably threw that deal out there first hoping that the cowboys wouldnt quickly hang up, and would try to make a counter offer. When dallas took the deal, detroit was probably as shocked as everyone else.

This is why Dallas is on there way down. Parcells left JJ with a good team at almost ever spot. When he left JJ was like good I can go back and do things my way,and look were it is getting them. Just cause your good at business doesnt mean your good at football business. The only times they were real winners is when JJ just wrote the checks and keep his mouth shut. They won rings with Jimmy then he thought he could run the team and ran Jimmy out of town. Yeah he won 1 bowl when Jimmy left thats cause that coach saw what he had and just let them play. This is why guys like Jimmy and Parcells are great at drafting together a team they know real talent. And yes I think Jimmy had a hell of drafts for us,now its Parcells turn.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:23 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:

Agreed that Dallas gave up a load for Roy Williams, but the fact that players being dealt for seemingly little this year speaks to the quality of the draft.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:47 pm

Chris Mortenson said he doubts that the Lions and Dolphins are seriously talking trade involving Ronnie.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:21 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

No rest when Dolphins are planning, working
I'm trying to take a day off but my phone was buzzing with a handful of texts on the Dolphins possibly making some moves in the coming hours or days. The name most prominently mentioned in the "rumors" is Ronnie Brown.

Not a surprise. But I assure you, nothing is happening right now.

Funny how the Justin Smiley trade talk has died down.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... z0lQ5VDr00

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:17 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Iowafin wrote:
Even if for only 9 games, he's worth having on the field.

i really think this a dumb idea it will just be a step back we cant fill that void and we cant but the season ricky

Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:56 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/sh ... p?t=476495

interesting read. They have some trade ideas. For ex: brown, smiley, and our 4th......for the lions 2nd and cliff avril

Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:18 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FINesse wrote:

Yes, but I also think it is amazing that fans are willing put all their eggs in one basket by trusting Ricky Williams as the feature back again by letting Brown go. He is one screw up away from a 1 year suspension.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:17 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

bobby0112 wrote:
FINesse wrote:

Yes, but I also think it is amazing that fans are willing put all their eggs in one basket by trusting Ricky Williams as the feature back again by letting Brown go. He is one screw up away from a 1 year suspension.

AND he prefers to split carries :)

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]