View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 pass interference?! 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post pass interference?!
Do I just have aqua colored glasses on, or did I just see two complete BS calls? I thought the coverage was excellent!

Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:00 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: pass interference?!
Refs gave that game to Balt, let them play.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:38 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Makchell wrote:
Refs gave that game to Balt, let them play.

Agreed.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:39 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Not disagreeing cause those two PI calls were atrocious IMO but c'mon man!,, way to many drops when the game was on the line on that last drive

Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:41 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

rodneyfaile wrote:
Do I just have aqua colored glasses on, or did I just see two complete BS calls? I thought the coverage was excellent!

1st one was horrid. Still no way a call like that should be 35 yds,

Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:19 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

I'm still waiting for the game when Miami gets two bogus PI calls on the same drive to help them win it. .... and waiting......and waiting..... Its been 20 years since favorable officiating came to S. Florida. I've often wondered aloud if it is the result of Vegas Money influencing the game. You lay a few million on the line and you pay 50K for a couple of bogus calls at the right time. I'm not making that claim but it is the reason I quit paying money for directv. I just got tired of watching the team get jobbed all the time. If it were truly random, then Miami wouldn't be on the losing end of those alls 95% of the time. They go on the road...there's that holding call in the 3rd quarter or the PI call, or some other judgement call. In one win this year the refs had to overturn like 3 calls. I remember the one triumphantly announcing it was against Miami only to return with a more subdued tone to announce it was actually on the other team.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:46 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:
I'm still waiting for the game when Miami gets two bogus PI calls on the same drive to help them win it. .... and waiting......and waiting..... Its been 20 years since favorable officiating came to S. Florida. I've often wondered aloud if it is the result of Vegas Money influencing the game. You lay a few million on the line and you pay 50K for a couple of bogus calls at the right time. I'm not making that claim but it is the reason I quit paying money for directv. I just got tired of watching the team get jobbed all the time. If it were truly random, then Miami wouldn't be on the losing end of those alls 95% of the time. They go on the road...there's that holding call in the 3rd quarter or the PI call, or some other judgement call. In one win this year the refs had to overturn like 3 calls. I remember the one triumphantly announcing it was against Miami only to return with a more subdued tone to announce it was actually on the other team.

First off I'm not trying start a fight but we can't sit here and byotch about the refs..

Six sacks?.. Refs fault

A whopping 10 first downs?.. Refs fault

Dropped pass after dropped pass?... Refs fault?..

Starting MLB, CB and DE sidelined during the game by injury?.. Refs fault?

Kicking a kick out of bounds?.. Refs fault?

Need I continue?.. Don't get me wrong I totally agree that those two PI calls were bad but is that the reason why we lost?.. Not even close!!..

Just out of curiosity where was this referee witch hunt after the Colts game where the Dolphins miraculously committed zero penalties or the next week where they had only two?... Blaming the refs is the easy out, how bout we start blaming the horrendous play by some of these Dolphins instead?

Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:28 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

paydurt wrote:
First off I'm not trying start a fight but we can't sit here and byotch about the refs..

Six sacks?.. Refs fault

A whopping 10 first downs?.. Refs fault

Dropped pass after dropped pass?... Refs fault?..

Starting MLB, CB and DE sidelined during the game by injury?.. Refs fault?

Kicking a kick out of bounds?.. Refs fault?

Need I continue?.. Don't get me wrong I totally agree that those two PI calls were bad but is that the reason why we lost?.. Not even close!!..

Just out of curiosity where was this referee witch hunt after the Colts game where the Dolphins miraculously committed zero penalties or the next week where they had only two?... Blaming the refs is the easy out, how bout we start blaming the horrendous play by some of these Dolphins instead?

Thank you.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:29 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

If not for the refs we would have had 25 rushing yards.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:36 pm

Quote:

No and you bring up some very valid points but I was responding to a complaint about the offiiciating. Miami didn't deserve to win the game, there's no question about that. However, momentum in any game with equally weighted opponents is huge. Baltimore's offense had not gone far up until those calls. My point in my response was the Dolphins weren't in Baltimore. Those calls were very suspect. In a close game the ref should just let them play unless its obvious. It is clear to me from the questioning Philbin got that the reporters even thought those calls were biased. So why? If you can't answer that, I really don't want to hear about how its not to blame etc because I do agree Miami should've overcame those bad calls to win.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:51 pm

Quote:

No and you bring up some very valid points but I was responding to a complaint about the offiiciating. Miami didn't deserve to win the game, there's no question about that. However, momentum in any game with equally weighted opponents is huge. Baltimore's offense had not gone far up until those calls. My point in my response was the Dolphins weren't in Baltimore. Those calls were very suspect. In a close game the ref should just let them play unless its obvious. It is clear to me from the questioning Philbin got that the reporters even thought those calls were biased. So why? If you can't answer that, I really don't want to hear about how its not to blame etc because I do agree Miami should've overcame those bad calls to win.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:54 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

those calls were bad...and bad for the game of football

Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:24 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dphins4me wrote:
rodneyfaile wrote:

1st one was horrid. Still no way a call like that should be 35 yds,

I felt they were both bad calls, but the first one was very obviously bad. On the second one, Grimes was looking up for the ball. Was he impeding the route of the receiver or was the receiver trying to run up his back for the ball? I think refs usually go on the side of the wide receiver on plays such as that.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:29 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Big Dave wrote:
I felt they were both bad calls, but the first one was very obviously bad. On the second one, Grimes was looking up for the ball. Was he impeding the route of the receiver or was the receiver trying to run up his back for the ball? I think refs usually go on the side of the wide receiver on plays such as that.

I think it was Grimes arm bar across the Wr front that got the call.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:06 pm

Grimes did get called for the arm bar but Carrolls was complete bunk. Additionally Ravens hit Dolphin WRs on at least 3 occasions before the ball arrived and never got called.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:12 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:
Grimes did get called for the arm bar but Carrolls was complete bunk. Additionally Ravens hit Dolphin WRs on at least 3 occasions before the ball arrived and never got called.

Yes..And one i think Clay or Wallace had an arm pulled away before the ball arrived

Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:31 pm

Kev1321 wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Yes..And one i think Clay or Wallace had an arm pulled away before the ball arrived

There was Gibson in the endzone where the defender reached out and grabbed his arm to catch up. Ball was perfectly thrown, should have been PI. Miami scored anyway with Clay. Other than defenders arriving before the ball on several occasions on short passes, I don't remember anymore. I will say Baltimore played a good game. They executed on offense. Their WRs had very few dropped balls where it hit the WRs hands...unlike Miami. Their defense was able to bring the heat with just 4 guys for the most part.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:49 pm

Maybe Philbin should get on the rules committee like Shula was so we can start getting more calls go our way.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:23 pm

Id settle for not getting screwed at home every time they play there. It's almost easier for them to win on the road

Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:58 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
Id settle for not getting screwed at home every time they play there. It's almost easier for them to win on the road

Educate me, because I'm confused on this. Is this what is called not blaming the refs?

Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:00 pm

Dphins4me wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Educate me, because I'm confused on this. Is this what is called not blaming the refs?

Yes you are confused. Good teams overcome the bad calls. Teams that go to the playoffs overcome the bad calls. Miami had every opportunity to win despite the bad calls and didn't. That doesn't change the fact they were playing against 12 men at home. Clear? :hitme:

Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:54 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
That doesn't change the fact they were playing against 12 men at home. Clear?
So are you or are you not blaming the refs? Which side of your mouth is this coming from, because you sure are talking out of both sides?

I'm not blaming the refs, but Miami was playing against 12 men. However, I'm not blaming the ref, but the other team had extra help out there.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]