View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 After further review 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post After further review
First half was a defensive affair with both defenses playing well. Mike Wallace dropped a couple of passes he could've caught and Grimes dropped an easy INT and those are plays they need to beat teams like Baltimore.
2nd half was a mixed bag. Call on Carroll and Grimes setup a first down at the 2. Pretty much gave the Raven's some life.
I couldn't help but notice the Baltimore FB bear hugging every LB coming in to make the tackle and simply wrestling him to the side. Every book I look in that is holding. The infuriating part is it happened throughout the 2nd half. It was never called and it helped Baltimore sustain the drives on the ground.
Wallace got two toes down...so the heel has to be down if going backwards? Wierd call. Again, I think that's an interpretation.
Miami did get away with a horse collar on Flacco on a sack...only call that went their way.
There was interference on Hartline on that short throw. Guy got there way early..not called...of course...was the game in Baltimore?...lol.
Carroll goes out and Jamar Taylor was burned by 2 long passes
An hour 44 minutes into the game, 3rd and 2...RG for Baltmore never got set .... a first year official from pop warner would've called that. No call, first down.
Same RG, same drive false started 3 plays later. No call. Geez... if I were Philbin I would've tied a 20 bill to the red flag and sent it flying
In the 4th quarter, Sherman tried his first off tackle, straight up Jerrys but and if not for an ankle tackle it would've went for big yardage. This was the play they gouged NO with but never tried up until this point in the game.
RT off the mark for sure.
Jordan and Wake on the field at the same time....I can't wait. On the tipped pass they only rushed 3
Huge mistake by Sturgis kicking the ball OB after the big TD in the 4th.
Too many mistakes by everyone.
Game was actually lost when Miami got a first down on the 25 with 5 minutes to go. RT sacked twice on 3 plays. That was a pathetic series by the offense which basically surrendered at that point.
The other piece of this is Flacco had a great game. His WRs were hanging onto the ball despite tough, tight coverage. They made enough big plays to win the game.
Miami still should've won the game. I can see why so many on here were just gut wrenched afterward. On the last drive there were 4 drops.

I guess what really bugs me is Miami has no dump off valve. I'm mean they do, Miller is there...usually standing in the flat like Bush last year with no one even remotely close and there isn't ever a plan to just dump it off. RT just seems to sense the rush and begin looking for a place to fall. In order for them to win games, Sherman and RT are going to have to call a few more of those short passes that are less risky and maybe just pick up a few yards. They dig themselves that big hole and make things pretty much hopeless against a D like Baltimores.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:36 pm

Post Re: After further review
btw...that straight up run still gained 5 yards and Sherman never called it again. Suggs was 5 yards wide at the end of the game...begging for a quick run

Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:39 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
2nd half was a mixed bag. Call on Carroll and Grimes setup a first down at the 2. Pretty much gave the Raven's some life.
I couldn't help but notice the Baltimore FB bear hugging every LB coming in to make the tackle and simply wrestling him to the side. Every book I look in that is holding. The infuriating part is it happened throughout the 2nd half. It was never called and it helped Baltimore sustain the drives on the ground.
Wallace got two toes down...so the heel has to be down if going backwards? Wierd call. Again, I think that's an interpretation.
Miami did get away with a horse collar on Flacco on a sack...only call that went their way.
There was interference on Hartline on that short throw. Guy got there way early..not called...of course...was the game in Baltimore?...lol.
An hour 44 minutes into the game, 3rd and 2...RG for Baltmore never got set .... a first year official from pop warner would've called that. No call, first down.
Same RG, same drive false started 3 plays later. No call. Geez... if I were Philbin I would've tied a 20 bill to the red flag and sent it flying
Again with blame the refs. The refs did not cost Miami the game. Stop using them not being perfect as an excuse for Miami's failures.

Blame Miami's D for not stopping a 3rd & 2 instead of the refs. What makes you think Miami would have stopped a 3rd & 7 at that point of the game?

Winners work harder. We all know what losers do.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:52 pm

Quit being my troll. Do you need hooked on phonics. Read the 2nd to the last paragraph again. No one blamed the refs but there is no denying Miami got screwed on a few calls in this game and the officiating was pretty much one-sided. I'm still waiting for the game where Miami gets two back-to-back PI calls to set the ball up at the one when they're up in NE or some other important game. So if I'm allowed to false start..I'm allowed to get a head start and it might be the reason the defense gave up the first down.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:02 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Quote:
We all know what losers do.

Blame the refs?

Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:27 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:
I guess what really bugs me is Miami has no dump off valve.

I agree with this whole heartedly. When your line can't protect at least have a designed dump off to get 4-5 yards when the pocket falls apart.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:35 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
Quit being my troll.

Sorry, I comment on two of your post. Stop making post that make me want to point out how seriously wrong they happen to be.

NFLJunkie wrote:
Do you need hooked on phonics. Read the 2nd to the last paragraph again. No one blamed the refs but there is no denying Miami got screwed on a few calls in this game and the officiating was pretty much one-sided.
Let's see. I'm going to point out everything I saw that I think the refs missed, but yet I'm not blaming them.
Repeat 5 times then maybe someone will be it. Seems like every week, we get a post on how the refs screwed Miami.

NFLJunkie wrote:
I'm still waiting for the game where Miami gets two back-to-back PI calls to set the ball up at the one when they're up in NE or some other important game. So if I'm allowed to false start..I'm allowed to get a head start and it might be the reason the defense gave up the first down.
Maybe the OLman did not jump & just got off at the snap of the ball.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:25 pm

Quote:
Let's see. I'm going to point out everything I saw that I think the refs missed, but yet I'm not blaming them.
Repeat 5 times then maybe someone will be it. Seems like every week, we get a post on how the refs screwed Miami.

That's why the thread title is called "after further review" because it examines things like crucial calls. But I'm sure that was lost on you. :hithead:

Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:40 pm

Quote:
Maybe the OLman did not jump & just got off at the snap of the ball.

Maybe you should go watch the plays in question and then come back to disagree...instead of just disagreeing. Then "maybe" you would have an informed post.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:42 pm

jammer wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
I guess what really bugs me is Miami has no dump off valve.

I agree with this whole heartedly. When your line can't protect at least have a designed dump off to get 4-5 yards when the pocket falls apart.

There were a couple of times where RT could've used Miller to dump the ball in a planned way. Those last two series where Baltimore was simply widening their start and running full speed into the tackles is one where you simply put the ball over their heads and tell everyone else to get to the 2nd level.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:44 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:

That's why the thread title is called "after further review" because it examines things like crucial calls. But I'm sure that was lost on you.
Sorry, but a non call on a 3rd & 2 is not a crucial call. Its called nitpicking & blaming someone else for your teams failure to be the better team.

Miami got beat. Its not anyone's fault but the men in the ugly uniforms, with a horrible logo.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:02 pm

Dphins4me wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

That's why the thread title is called "after further review" because it examines things like crucial calls. But I'm sure that was lost on you.
Sorry, but a non call on a 3rd & 2 is not a crucial call. Its called nitpicking & blaming someone else for your teams failure to be the better team.

Miami got beat. Its not anyone's fault but the men in the ugly uniforms, with a horrible logo.

Nobody ever disagreed with that. But it isn't a deadly sin to point out the refs called a biased game in Miami for yet another weekend. And it is getting stale...just like your arguments.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]