View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Ronnie Brown with Speed.... 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Ronnie Brown with Speed....
His name is Ben Tate! Same school same strong build but this kid can hit the corner and turn a Ronnie Brown 15 yard gain into a Ben Tate 65yd TD run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfBkonPBFGY

I love Ronnie but let's get some value for him now and draft this kid in the 3rd round hopefully, he can team up with Williams Sheets. Hilliard too if someone gets injured.

Ok go ahead and bash me!

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:21 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator & FFL Commish

Post Re: Ronnie Brown with Speed....
I was just saying in another thread that if Miami were to trade Brown, Ben Tate would be the guy I would want. He's not as complete a back, but his running style is very similar.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:23 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

why do you say not as complete? is he a liability in the passing game?

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:25 pm

MdDolfan wrote:

Ronnie is terrific out of the backfield catching the football, is probably the best block-picker-upper in the league, and falls forward more often than Tate does.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:30 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Phins Rock wrote:
MdDolfan wrote:

Ronnie is terrific out of the backfield catching the football, is probably the best block-picker-upper in the league, and falls forward more often than Tate does.

How is Tate in the passing game? I hope he can catch because all the video I see on him is purely running the ball which he does well. Don't get me wrong I love Ronnie Brown but my knock on him was once he got through the first wave of tacklers he went down, he couldn't take it to the house like Peterson, DeAngelo Williams or Jones Drew or LT just a few years ago. I love explosion in a back and Ronnie never really had that.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:50 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

He looks no faster then Ronnie. Sorry. Actually, I think Ronnie is faster. Remember this is Ben Tate running by College players.. Not pro players..

Watch Ronnie's College videos and then compare. They are close in speed. But, Ben Tate doesn't approach the physicality the Ronnie plays with. Ronnie punishes defenders. I hope we get to see a healthy Ronnie this year with Marshall on the team.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:38 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

This is not Ronnie with speed. Just because he's from Auburn doesn't make him Ronnie. Ronnie has some impressive vision, great explosion and great hands. Tate has some decent hands, but when it comes to finding a hole, Tate doesn't have that. As far as finishing off a run, Tate doesn't have that. Tate is a 4th rounder while Brown was the 2nd overall pick.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:54 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

He looks like a solid rb prospect. Maybe we could get him if we are able to make a deal on draft day and get that 3rd round pick for Smiley. If we manage to do that, then we could draft him and trade someone like Cobbs or Sheets. I would be pretty happy if we pulled that off.
:yay:

Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:34 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I think Tate will be gone before we pick in the 3rd round..

So its only a possibility if we trade down in the first and pick up another 2nd...

I dont like the idea of trading brown away. But lets face it, if this FO doesn't plan on giving him a big $ contract, then maybe its best to cut ties and get value while we can...

Personally I think they stick with the R&R express this season, and pick up a RB in the 5th - 6th round.. If Ronnie stays healthy he gets a contract both sides can agree on...

Use the first 3 - 4 picks on defense...

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]