View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:27 am



Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ] 
 John Clayton: DC "Mike Nolan close to an agreement" w/Fins 
Author Message
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 8742
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post John Clayton: DC "Mike Nolan close to an agreement" w/Fins
I hate to start another thread on this, but this is news in a positive direction.

Rotoworld wrote:
ESPN's John Clayton reports that Mike Nolan is close to an agreement with the Dolphins that will make him their next defensive coordinator.

The Fins reportedly asked permission to interview Nolan even before his "mutual" parting with Denver. Nolan and Josh McDaniels decided to cut ties shortly thereafter. Nolan is the third key member of McDaniels' staff to exit after just one season, joining ex-Broncos OL coach Rick Dennison (now Texans OC) and RBs coach Bobby Turner (now with the Redskins).


http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4837350&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:01 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3858
Post Re: John Clayton: DC "Mike Nolan close to an agreement" w/Fins
We're getting close!!


Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:36 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3369
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post Re: John Clayton: DC "Mike Nolan close to an agreement" w/Fins
I wet myself...

_________________
Image


Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:41 am
Profile
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 8742
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: John Clayton: DC "Mike Nolan close to an agreement" w/Fins
Ski_Money wrote:
I wet myself...


I'm glad I'm not the only one. I may have to wear Depends today in lieu of the big news;)

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:46 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3369
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post Re: John Clayton: DC "Mike Nolan close to an agreement" w/Fins
hey, better #1 than #2...

Mike Nolan gets a #1, Dick or Wade would warrent a #2.

_________________
Image


Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:48 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21134
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: John Clayton: DC "Mike Nolan close to an agreement" w/Fins
If we do not improve the talent on defense, people will be calling for Nolan's head in a year or two.

_________________
Image


Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:49 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3369
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post Re: John Clayton: DC "Mike Nolan close to an agreement" w/Fins
You're talking about steps 900-1055

We're still on step 3.

_________________
Image


Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:50 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21134
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: John Clayton: DC "Mike Nolan close to an agreement" w/Fins
Ski_Money wrote:
You're talking about steps 900-1055

We're still on step 3.


I'm predicting the result of a hypothetical scenario based on past unreasonableness and fickleness of the majority of the Dolphins fanbase.

_________________
Image


Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:51 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3369
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post Re: John Clayton: DC "Mike Nolan close to an agreement" w/Fins
well he will be the DC fir the Sr Bowl. Talent will follow him here.

_________________
Image


Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:53 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3858
Post Re: John Clayton: DC "Mike Nolan close to an agreement" w/Fins
Rich wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:
You're talking about steps 900-1055

We're still on step 3.


I'm predicting the result of a hypothetical scenario based on past unreasonableness and fickleness of the majority of the Dolphins fanbase.


That's every fan base.


Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:56 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21134
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: John Clayton: DC "Mike Nolan close to an agreement" w/Fins
Ski_Money wrote:
well he will be the DC fir the Sr Bowl. Talent will follow him here.


Like it did in San Fran?

Reality check: He won't be picking players for the Dolphins.

_________________
Image


Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:58 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21134
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: John Clayton: DC "Mike Nolan close to an agreement" w/Fins
IamPZ wrote:
That's every fan base.


That's speculation on your part.

Let's stick with what we are most exposed to. The Miami Dolphins fanbase.

_________________
Image


Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:59 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3858
Post Re: John Clayton: DC "Mike Nolan close to an agreement" w/Fins
Rich wrote:
IamPZ wrote:
That's every fan base.


That's speculation on your part.

Let's stick with what we are most exposed to. The Miami Dolphins fanbase.


Considering I live in New Jersey I think I know more about the Giants and Jets fan bases than I do our own... They do the exact same things that we do... so maybe it's speculation to say EVERY fan base, but I know at least the Giants and Jets fans react similarly.


Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:04 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21134
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: John Clayton: DC "Mike Nolan close to an agreement" w/Fins
IamPZ wrote:
Rich wrote:
IamPZ wrote:
That's every fan base.


That's speculation on your part.

Let's stick with what we are most exposed to. The Miami Dolphins fanbase.


Considering I live in New Jersey I think I know more about the Giants and Jets fan bases than I do our own... They do the exact same things that we do... so maybe it's speculation to say EVERY fan base, but I know at least the Giants and Jets fans react similarly.


Well good for them.

Just because other fanbases are ignorant doesn't make it acceptable for ours to be ignorant as well.

_________________
Image


Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:06 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3858
Post Re: John Clayton: DC "Mike Nolan close to an agreement" w/Fins
Its what we do as fans man... if we lose we're not happy... it's just part of the experience...

There's no use getting all caught up in it...


Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:07 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21134
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: John Clayton: DC "Mike Nolan close to an agreement" w/Fins
IamPZ wrote:
Its what we do as fans man... if we lose we're not happy... it's just part of the experience...

There's no use getting all caught up in it...


Heh... have you read the posts regarding Mike Nolan coming to Miami?

I'm not the one getting caught up.

There's no use in getting your hopes up with the signing of another big name coordinator/former head coach.

You guys don't learn from history.

_________________
Image


Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:10 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3858
Post Re: John Clayton: DC "Mike Nolan close to an agreement" w/Fins
Rich wrote:
IamPZ wrote:
Its what we do as fans man... if we lose we're not happy... it's just part of the experience...

There's no use getting all caught up in it...


Heh... have you read the posts regarding Mike Nolan coming to Miami?

I'm not the one getting caught up.

There's no use in getting your hopes up with the signing of another big name coordinator/former head coach.

You guys don't learn from history.


It's just exciting news to some of us that's all. I'm not trying to force you to be excited with us... and I know you're just trying to make us wake up and smell the coffee... but we'll all calm down a bit after the initial excitedness (def not a word lol)... for the most part we usually do anyways.


Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:13 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21134
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: John Clayton: DC "Mike Nolan close to an agreement" w/Fins
Ok, you guys continue getting excited, I'll continue being the voice or reason. ;)

_________________
Image


Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:16 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3369
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post Re: John Clayton: DC "Mike Nolan close to an agreement" w/Fins
The roses are dying...

_________________
Image


Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:25 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3858
Post Re: John Clayton: DC "Mike Nolan close to an agreement" w/Fins
Rich wrote:
Ok, you guys continue getting excited, I'll continue being the voice or reason. ;)


Lol, "you got it dude"


Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:28 am
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:36 am
Posts: 321
Location: Scarborough, Maine
Post Re: John Clayton: DC "Mike Nolan close to an agreement" w/Fins
Rich wrote:
Ok, you guys continue getting excited, I'll continue being the voice or reason. ;)

:yay:


Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:38 am
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:12 am
Posts: 347
Post Re: John Clayton: DC "Mike Nolan close to an agreement" w/Fins
I agree we shouldn't be overly excited (like making predictions about the AFC championship game) but it's fair to be excited about getting a DC with a super-bowl on his resume, especially when he's coming off a great year in Denver. When the other options were Groh, and a bunch of people we had never heard of, this is pretty exciting.

_________________
Image


Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:52 am
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:13 pm
Posts: 1022
Post Re: John Clayton: DC "Mike Nolan close to an agreement" w/Fins
Why do we want Nolan?? Wasn't Denver's D TERRIBLE????

_________________
Image


Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:26 am
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Post Re: John Clayton: DC "Mike Nolan close to an agreement" w/Fins
dolphinjim wrote:
Why do we want Nolan?? Wasn't Denver's D TERRIBLE????


At the end of the season, yes. But through the first half I believe they were in the top 5 if not the top 3. He's been coaching defense his entire career, and coached the ravens D from 2001-2004, when they were pretty darn good, and coached the Jets D in 2000 under Parcells, when they also had a good D.

_________________
Image


Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:23 pm
Profile
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 8742
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: John Clayton: DC "Mike Nolan close to an agreement" w/Fins
Rich wrote:
You guys don't learn from history.


I hear what you're saying, but the history that I am looking at is what Williams did for the Saints this year. I've seen the same thing happen over the years at other organizations. I see no reason why some of the fans, such as myself, in getting excited about a proven DC with head coaching experience being brought in. Sure, we need to temper it with a sense of realism in that Parcells will improve the talent on defense. For some reason I am not too worried about that as Parcells is always looking to improve the talent at each position.

For fans that are guarded about this, I can understand this as well. Dom Capers was an absolute failure with us. Maybe the team was tired of listening to Saban as they seemed half-hearted on the field. In the same way, Jim "Vanilla" Bates failed to improve his defenses even though he was hailed as a savior with the Packers, Broncos, and Bucs.

So, with the relief that we will have to take a chance with another "promotion" to defensive coordinator, I am pulling up my depends;) Who is on the Depends wagon with me?

:fart:


.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:27 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Post Re: John Clayton: DC "Mike Nolan close to an agreement" w/Fins
Big Dave wrote:
Rich wrote:
You guys don't learn from history.


I hear what you're saying, but the history that I am looking at is what Williams did for the Saints this year. I've seen the same thing happen over the years at other organizations. I see no reason why some of the fans, such as myself, in getting excited about a proven DC with head coaching experience being brought in. Sure, we need to temper it with a sense of realism in that Parcells will improve the talent on defense. For some reason I am not too worried about that as Parcells is always looking to improve the talent at each position.

For fans that are guarded about this, I can understand this as well. Dom Capers was an absolute failure with us. Maybe the team was tired of listening to Saban as they seemed half-hearted on the field. In the same way, Jim "Vanilla" Bates failed to improve his defenses even though he was hailed as a savior with the Packers, Broncos, and Bucs.

So, with the relief that we will have to take a chance with another "promotion" to defensive coordinator, I am pulling up my depends;) Who is on the Depends wagon with me?

:fart:


.


lmao i'm on the Nolan bandwagon, but I'm keeping the depends off just in case i have to :jests:

_________________
Image


Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:31 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 21134
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: John Clayton: DC "Mike Nolan close to an agreement" w/Fins
Quote:
I see no reason why some of the fans, such as myself, in getting excited about a proven DC with head coaching experience being brought in.


Huh?

Quote:
I am not too worried about that as Parcells is always looking to improve the talent at each position.


Isn't that what ALL personnel guys try to do?

_________________
Image


Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:42 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3858
Post Re: John Clayton: DC "Mike Nolan close to an agreement" w/Fins
Big Dave wrote:
Rich wrote:
You guys don't learn from history.


I hear what you're saying, but the history that I am looking at is what Williams did for the Saints this year. I've seen the same thing happen over the years at other organizations. I see no reason why some of the fans, such as myself, in getting excited about a proven DC with head coaching experience being brought in. Sure, we need to temper it with a sense of realism in that Parcells will improve the talent on defense. For some reason I am not too worried about that as Parcells is always looking to improve the talent at each position.

For fans that are guarded about this, I can understand this as well. Dom Capers was an absolute failure with us. Maybe the team was tired of listening to Saban as they seemed half-hearted on the field. In the same way, Jim "Vanilla" Bates failed to improve his defenses even though he was hailed as a savior with the Packers, Broncos, and Bucs.

So, with the relief that we will have to take a chance with another "promotion" to defensive coordinator, I am pulling up my depends;) Who is on the Depends wagon with me?

:fart:


.


Count me in... anyone got coupons?


Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:43 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4319
Post Re: John Clayton: DC "Mike Nolan close to an agreement" w/Fins
Rich wrote:
If we do not improve the talent on defense, people will be calling for Nolan's head in a year or two.

No Rich, its the coaches. Nolan should just stay away from Miami. Miami is where OC & DC go to get stupid.


Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:50 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Post Re: John Clayton: DC "Mike Nolan close to an agreement" w/Fins
get yours depends on people .. jay glazer says the deal is done

_________________
Image


Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:56 pm
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:13 pm
Posts: 1022
Post Re: John Clayton: DC "Mike Nolan close to an agreement" w/Fins
joeschmoe wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:
Why do we want Nolan?? Wasn't Denver's D TERRIBLE????


At the end of the season, yes. But through the first half I believe they were in the top 5 if not the top 3. He's been coaching defense his entire career, and coached the ravens D from 2001-2004, when they were pretty darn good, and coached the Jets D in 2000 under Parcells, when they also had a good D.


Good enough for me!! Welcome aboard Mike!!

_________________
Image


Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:10 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.