View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Thoughts on Ronnie Brown 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Thoughts on Ronnie Brown
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0cNxbr4R2I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQlPhDLN ... re=related

I love Ronnie Brown as our RB but if you look at these videos he's not the home run hitter we need in today's NFL. I also added Auburn video to show he wasn't that even in college. R&R are the same back that punish you, block well and catch the ball well but Rick was the only one of the two who had a TD run over 50 yards last year.

Now compare that to these backs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKyxpXikF_M

If we decide to keep Ronnie (Great!) but let's add that breakaway threat in the mid to later rounds.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:41 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Thoughts on Ronnie Brown
Breakaway speed in RB's in nice, but it is not needed.

Ronnie has the ability that very few have in the NFL and is a complete RB. He always falls forward and consistently gets the 4-5 yards, and always gets the tough yards on 3rd down or near the goal line.

If you want to pair him up with a speedster, that's fine, but replacing him with a pure speed guy would be silly.

Keep the best running tandem in the NFL running in 2010, and then next off season when you resign Ronnie and Ricky moves on, draft a guy to pair with RB and you're fine again for the next handful of years.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:48 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Phins Rock wrote:

Ronnie has the ability that very few have in the NFL and is a complete RB. He always falls forward and consistently gets the 4-5 yards, and always gets the tough yards on 3rd down or near the goal line.

If you want to pair him up with a speedster, that's fine, but replacing him with a pure speed guy would be silly.

Keep the best running tandem in the NFL running in 2010, and then next off season when you resign Ronnie and Ricky moves on, draft a guy to pair with RB and you're fine again for the next handful of years.

Keep the tandem but at least add someone with the potential to take it all the way!
Instead of drafting a guy in the 5th or 6th for special teams, let's take this guy from Southern Illinois:

He's #31
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n407REOH ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej8pypXXA7k&NR=1

Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:56 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phins Rock wrote:

HE CAN'T STAY HEALTHY! That's not a minor issue... That's a major issue. And we can't be put in a position to be depending on a 30-some year old Ricky Williams to pound the rock 25 to 30 times a game down the stretch and, hopefully, into the playoffs. Williams wore down last season when inserted into the line-up full time, he would again this season.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:42 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Don't be so quick to assume that Miami will resign Ronnie. If Ronnie is looking for big money, I can see Miami letting him walk. There a reason why Ronnie is on the trading block.

You cannot ignore the injury factor with Ronnie, and you can always find good RB's in the draft.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:53 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'm so sick of hearing "doesn't have breakaway speed." What in the world? He had runs of 38 and 45 last year. Year before was breaking long runs all day against New England...he's had long of 65.
What more do you want? I don't think Eddie George was known for breakaway speed but he was darn good. Jamal Anderson when he was healthy could kill you, he didn't have breakaway speed.

Heck, even that "most explosive" video had guys like Frank Gore, Thomas Jones, Willis McGahee...really? They are more explosive than Brown?
Michael Bush and Julius Jones aren't better than Brown. If you didn't notice, a majority of these runs were against St. Louis, Oakland, Cleveland, Washington and the Giants. All terrible defenses last year.

This is a horrible argument.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:06 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I thought Cobbs was supposed to be our home run threat/speedster? I don't know what his 40 times are, but the kid plays fast and shows a knack for breaking open and making plays.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:36 am
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Phin wrote:
I thought Cobbs was supposed to be our home run threat/speedster? I don't know what his 40 times are, but the kid plays fast and shows a knack for breaking open and making plays.

how is his rehab going?

Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:38 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

MTFan wrote:
Phin wrote:

how is his rehab going?

He was on Sirius NFL radio on Sunday, said he was fine and expected to be ready for camp...

He wont be 100% himself til mid - late season tho.. Seems the going reaction for the ACL tears.. Brown & Camarillo weren't really looking themselves til mid - late season after they had that injury..

As far as speed not being as important... Why are combine 40 times so important if speed isnt important?

Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]