All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5516
Location: Columbia, SC
This is a write up by Rob Rang from cbssportsline.com. Next week is going to be heavy with misinformation and trade talk.


Multiple teams talking trade
Posted on: April 17, 2010 10:38 am
Edited on: April 17, 2010 10:40 am
Score: 143
Sign-up to rate:

* Sign-up to rate:

* Sign-up to rate:

Many have speculated that the alteration in the the NFL draft schedule is going to lead to more trades than before.

According to sources throughout the league, the St. Louis Rams (owners of the first pick), Seattle Seahawks (6, 14) Cleveland Browns (7), Denver Broncos (11), Miami Dolphins (12), New England Patriots (22), Philadelphia Eagles (24) and Dallas Cowboys (27) are all actively exploring trade opportunities.

The Cleveland Browns have been one of the more aggressive teams, speaking with the Rams about moving up to get Sam Bradford with the first overall pick, but also exploring dropping down, as well.

The Seahawks would like to add a pick between their second first (14) and their only second rounder (60th overall). Their recent mini camp proved they have significant holes to fill on both sides of the ball.

Denver has wide receiver Dez Bryant and center Maurkice Pouncey high on their board. They will consider Bryant at 11, but if he's off the board, they'd like to drop down a few spots and still get Pouncey.

Miami would like to recoup the second round pick they lost in the trade for Brandon Marshall and feel that the player they're likely to get at No. 12 won't be significantly better than one they might get in the lower teens or twenties. With their need for a playmaking wide receiver filled, look for the Dolphins to add a front seven defender.

The Patriots already own three second round picks, but Bill Belichick believes the second round is where the values lies in this draft.

It has been reported (originally by Sports Illustrated's Peter King) that the Eagles were aggressively looking to move up. I have been able to confirm this, but counter to King's story, which has Philadelphia looking to move up for either Eric Berry or Earl Thomas at safety, I'm told a different player is the Eagles' real target. Middle linebacker Rolando McClain, given the team's need for a thumper inside and the significant drop-off at the position after McClain, would seem a likely candidate.

Dallas is also exploring aggressive trade-up options. Owner Jerry Jones loves Dez Bryant and will consider moving into the late teens should the Oklahoma State receiver fall to that point.

The first round of the 2010 draft is shaping up to be every bit the drama-filled event the NFL had hoped in moving it to primetime Thursday night.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 264
Location: Tampa, FL
I just hope the right player is on the board at #12 so the Fins can trade down to the bottom half of round 1 and add an additional 2nd round pick. Not sure who that player is, I just hope he's there! :yay:


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5516
Location: Columbia, SC
keebler_kahn wrote:
I just hope the right player is on the board at #12 so the Fins can trade down to the bottom half of round 1 and add an additional 2nd round pick. Not sure who that player is, I just hope he's there! :yay:


I'm with you there keebler.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:46 am 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Speaking of trade talk, has anyone heard anything about Dwayne Bowe lately? I heard someone talking about the possibility of us trading Justin Smiley and a late round pick for Dwayne Bowe. They cited the fact that the Chiefs had shopped Bowe for a 3rd round pick last season and that they are currently shopping for offensive linemen. As I'm sure you all know we are actively looking for a trade partner for Smiley right now. Is there any validity in this? If so, how sweet would it be to see Brandon Marshall, Dwayne Bowe, and Davone Bess lining up as our wideouts! We'd go from one of the worst units in the NFL to one of the best. Between our excellent run attack and that trio of wideouts, nobody would be able to shut that down.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5516
Location: Columbia, SC
This is the first I have heard of this possible trade scenario. That would be nice.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:33 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Nah....the Cheifs are pretty much set at offensive guard. They have no need for Smiley.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:48 am
Posts: 442
wkloiber13 wrote:
Speaking of trade talk, has anyone heard anything about Dwayne Bowe lately? I heard someone talking about the possibility of us trading Justin Smiley and a late round pick for Dwayne Bowe. They cited the fact that the Chiefs had shopped Bowe for a 3rd round pick last season and that they are currently shopping for offensive linemen. As I'm sure you all know we are actively looking for a trade partner for Smiley right now. Is there any validity in this? If so, how sweet would it be to see Brandon Marshall, Dwayne Bowe, and Davone Bess lining up as our wideouts! We'd go from one of the worst units in the NFL to one of the best. Between our excellent run attack and that trio of wideouts, nobody would be able to shut that down.



that would be something special ,hadnt heard anything on it tho

i could see the chiefs being interested in smiley
for me smiley is only worth around a 4th rnd pick ,his injurys are just shocking


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:18 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:48 am
Posts: 442
Phins Rock wrote:
Nah....the Cheifs are pretty much set at offensive guard. They have no need for Smiley.



are they rock???

waters looks like his done in k c ,albert is playing tackle
have they resigned any of our ex guys??? ndukwe and alleman???

for me they look thin at the position


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:33 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Phins Rock wrote:
Nah....the Cheifs are pretty much set at offensive guard. They have no need for Smiley.


I don't know who the Cheifs are, but the Chiefs have one of the worst offensive lines in football.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:08 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Nah....the Cheifs are pretty much set at offensive guard. They have no need for Smiley.


I don't know who the Cheifs are, but the Chiefs have one of the worst offensive lines in football.


Albert struggled at LT last season, and they do not have a legit starting Center or RT. They're aright at OG though.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Phins Rock wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Nah....the Cheifs are pretty much set at offensive guard. They have no need for Smiley.


I don't know who the Cheifs are, but the Chiefs have one of the worst offensive lines in football.


Albert struggled at LT last season, and they do not have a legit starting Center or RT. They're aright at OG though.


Brian Waters is 100 years old and Wade Smith is nothing to brag about.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:33 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Iowafin wrote:
Brian Waters is 100 years old and Wade Smith is nothing to brag about.

Wade Smith is not on the Chiefs...Plays for Houston.

KC have Water and Ryan Lilja at the OG spots. That's not solid?


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Phins Rock wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Brian Waters is 100 years old and Wade Smith is nothing to brag about.

Wade Smith is not on the Chiefs...Plays for Houston.

KC have Water and Ryan Lilja at the OG spots. That's not solid?


Brian Waters is a 100 years old, and Lilja is a center. Smith played for 'em last year, my bad. But no, that is far from solid.

______