View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
 Source: Incognito is 'done' on the Dolphins 
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Source: Incognito is 'done' on the Dolphins
As if it wasn't obvious already...

Quote:
"He's done," a ranking club source said Monday. "There are procedures in place and everyone wants to be fair. The NFL is involved. But from a club perspective he'll never play another game here."

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... rylink=cpy

Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:46 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: Source: Incognito is 'done' on the Dolphins
:yay:

Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:48 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

In other news, water is wet.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:54 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

rodneyfaile wrote:
In other news, water is wet.

Correct, this is just 8 games earlier.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:22 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

And the NFL

Quote:
Richie Incognito's career is likely over

One NFL personnel man told USA Today's Tom Pelissero that Richie Incognito's career is likely over. Incognito bullied Dolphins OT Jonathan Martin to the point that he essentially had a mental meltdown and left the team. "Lol," the personnel man replied when asked by Pelissero whether Incognito will be claimed off waivers. "I think he can file his retirement papers." Incognito graded out as a top-13 guard in Pro Football Focus' ratings, so his loss is a concern on the field.

Quote:
Incognito likely "done' with the Dolphins

A "ranking club source" tells the Miami Herald LG Richie Incognito is "done" with the Dolphins. "There are procedures in place and everyone wants to be fair," the source said. "But from a club perspective he'll never play another game here." The Herald reports Incognito is planning to defend himself in a " robust manner," but it's not going to matter. The Dolphins are tired of Incognito's antics, which appear to have gone well beyond "antics" with Jonathan Martin. Now on the wrong side of 30 and a volatile personality going back to his days at Nebraska, it's quite possible Incognito's career is through, as well.

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/nfl/mia/dolphins

Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:24 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Big Dave wrote:
One NFL personnel man told USA Today's Tom Pelissero that Richie Incognito's career is likely over. Incognito bullied Dolphins OT Jonathan Martin to the point that he essentially had a mental meltdown and left the team. "Lol," the personnel man replied when asked by Pelissero whether Incognito will be claimed off waivers. "I think he can file his retirement papers..

Done in the NFL? I'd be surprised with this. In a league that gives far worse players chance after chance. This is nothing on the scale of bad things that the NFL turns its head to. Lets face it Pacman is still in the NFL. Leonard Lewis had a long and healthy career after killing a woman. Countless players have sexually assaulted women. Been caught up in murders & they still found employment. To think this would end a players career is frankly naive.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:29 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Dphins4me wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
One NFL personnel man told USA Today's Tom Pelissero that Richie Incognito's career is likely over. Incognito bullied Dolphins OT Jonathan Martin to the point that he essentially had a mental meltdown and left the team. "Lol," the personnel man replied when asked by Pelissero whether Incognito will be claimed off waivers. "I think he can file his retirement papers..

Done in the NFL? I'd be surprised with this. In a league that gives far worse players chance after chance. This is nothing on the scale of bad things that the NFL turns its head to. Lets face it Pacman is still in the NFL. Leonard Lewis had a long and healthy career after killing a woman. Countless players have sexually assaulted women. Been caught up in murders & they still found employment. To think this would end a players career is frankly naive.

Leonard Little.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:06 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I'm finding it telling that my twitter has filled up with quotes from Dolphin players supporting Incognito in the last hour

Wake,Odrick,Will Davis among others

Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:19 pm

paydurt wrote:
I'm finding it telling that my twitter has filled up with quotes from Dolphin players supporting Incognito in the last hour

Davis and Wake didn't say anything about Incognito. Davis said rookies don't have to pay, they can say no. Wake said that the locker room seemed fine to him.

Odrick said good things about both Martin and Incognito.

Besides, the facts are in text messages and voice mails, not in the lockerroom.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:21 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
paydurt wrote:

Davis and Wake didn't say anything about Incognito. Davis said rookies don't have to pay, they can say no. Wake said that the locker room seemed fine to him.

Odrick said good things about both Martin and Incognito.

Besides, the facts are in text messages and voice mails, not in the lockerroom.

I really think you should take a look at Andrew Abramson timeline on twitter Rich because some of the quotes he's tweeting are painting a whole other picture

https://mobile.twitter.com/AbramsonPBP

Last edited by paydurt on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:39 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

phinsfansc wrote:

Leonard Little.

Leonard Lewis. That is Ray Lewis & Leonard Little love child.

Had both on my mind, but decided not to use Ray Lewis, but my fingers still did.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:41 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Seems several of the Dolphin players are sticking up for Incognito. We all do not know the entire truth yet. Whatever happened to innocent until "proven" guilty?

Yes, it certainly looks bad for Richie, but I am holding judgement until more of both sides of this story does come out.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:48 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Finhead34 wrote:
Seems several of the Dolphin players are sticking up for Incognito. We all do not know the entire truth yet. Whatever happened to innocent until "proven" guilty?

Yes, it certainly looks bad for Richie, but I am holding judgement until more of both sides of this story does come out.

I just looked at the PBP quoting guys and its not just one or two coming out in support.

Cris Carter just said something interesting about "loose talk" in the locker room giving Incognito the impression it was okay for him use certain words without consequence.

Something here isn't adding up.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:59 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
The entire culture of the Dolphins' locker room is now being scrutinized, including whether racism and bullying was not only going on, but either unnoticed or permitted.

"I love Richie. I think he's a great guy," Dolphins wide receiver Mike Wallace said. "He's an intense guy. Everybody knows that. I think he was just being Richie. I love playing with Richie. I wish he was here right now."

"I don't look at him as being racist or anything like that," newly acquired Dolphins offensive lineman Bryant McKinnie said. "It could have been in a joking manner. I don't know how it was delivered or received. ... When I got here he was a guy who had everybody laughing and told jokes. I didn't really see the side being portrayed right now."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/11/04/3 ... rylink=cpy

Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:56 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Finhead34 wrote:
Whatever happened to innocent until "proven" guilty?

We are not in a court of law.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:02 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

We are not in a court of law.

Really?? Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:06 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Finhead34 wrote:

Really?? Thanks for pointing that out to me.
Apparently you didn't know, that "innocent until proven guilty" only applied to the court of law.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:30 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I hope Richie comes back soon.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:35 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Just wondering what everyone opinion on this would be if it were the Jets or Patriots locker room.
Not that we dont already know.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:26 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Apparently you didn't know, that "innocent until proven guilty" only applied to the court of law.

What makes you think that this doesn't end up in court? I think the hear say and what is being told about Incognito sounds compelling at this point, if this threatens his career, I believe this will go to court, then the innocent until proven guilty comment comes into play, which is where I was going.

However, if Richie is flat out guilty and too much against him, I wouldn't be surprised if he himself has to settle some form of monetary damages with Martin.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:07 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I've been back and forth a little about this whole thing during the evolution of how it's being reported. I'm not speaking definitively, but the way it appears to me is this:

- Martin is a soft player with apparent mental issues/disorder whom is currently seeking treatment
- Richie is a guy with a checkered past who clearly has the respect of a huge portion of the locker room, but he more than likely took the ribbing too far. Ironically there are plenty of twitter posts/exchanges and whatnot to assume Martin wasn't quite so fearful of Richie.
- Someone in the chain of command (possibly Turner, who is a military guy) may or may not have tasked Richie with toughening Martin up. It's just that it carried out beyond his rookie season. We were banking on him to step up in the absence of Long.

All that other locker room stuff the media wants to talk about is neither here nor there. All the rookies paying for stuff or people getting duck taped to poles ...... The media is REALLY running with this story because it's a new angle. A player with apparent mental issues pushed to the brink.

I mean that voicemail Richie left was from back in April. You'd think if he was really offended then this issue would've come out. It wasn't until a caferia prank ..... one that grade-schoolers use on each other. That was the last straw??

Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:12 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Whats done is done. Miami has to find a way to move forward from here. Whether he was kidding or not, Incognito put himself in a very vulnerable spot when he left that voice message. This is a PR nightmare and a distraction for a team that is midway through the season. I don't see how Incognito ever returns to the Dolphins. And I don't know if Martin will ever return either. Its a chance for Garner, Clabo, Yeatman, Dallas Thomas & Danny Watkins to step up and try and help an o-line that has struggled.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:21 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Is there any way the Dolphins could lift their suspension of Incognito now? It sounds like opinions over this incident are changing dramatically. Have they gone past the point of no return? Would people freak out?

Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:50 am
Profile WWW

rodneyfaile wrote:
Is there any way the Dolphins could lift their suspension of Incognito now? It sounds like opinions over this incident are changing dramatically. Have they gone past the point of no return? Would people freak out?

There is no way this could happen.

The Dolphins are in CYA mode, why would they do this now knowing they may be liable for Incognito's actions?

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]