View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ] 
 Incognito held Oline meetings at strip club 
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Incognito held Oline meetings at strip club
Quote:
According to two sources, suspended Dolphins guard Richie Incognito regularly held meetings for the team’s offensive linemen at a South Florida strip club, demanding that other linemen attend at the location. Incognito went so far as to “fine” teammates in an erstwhile kangaroo court if they did not show up.

“Richie wanted to set up Richie’s world as a way for everybody to act,” a team source said. “Richie thinks everybody should act that way. He doesn’t get that some guys aren’t into that behav-ior. Some guys don’t want to constantly explain to their wife or girlfriend why they have to go to a strip club.”

If players didn’t go, Incognito would mock them for not being part of the group, one of the sources said.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Inc ... -club.html

Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:18 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: Incognito held Oline meetings at strip club
I love Scarletts

Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:36 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I have been trying to council the NFLJUNKIE for years now about the amount of money he spends in these clubs.

:haha

Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:05 pm
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ

10acjed wrote:
I love Scarletts

Ditto, best club in FLA in my opinion.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:28 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Don't see a problem with this at all!

Was it required to get a lap dance before conducting said meeting?
Were each of the players required to bring $100 worth of singles and make it rain too?
Were the rookies required to foot the lap dance tab at the end of the night?
Was there peer pressure to drink? or was it a juice bar?

Yea unless any of those become evidence, I dont care if he conducted a meeting at Taco Bell, Red Robin, a strip club, or the Elk Lodge..... a meeting place is a meeting place. Good for Richie to pick a place of "entertainment" for the meetings which is admirable. A defacto, non mandtory team meeting should be held off campus, and preferably some where fun rather than in a stuffy board room, or a team meeting room.

I see no problem with this whatsoever. Hell I wish one of my veteran co-workers or boss called a meeting a strip club. Itd be a good excuse to go there, and have an explanation to my wife for it. I aint taking any skanky broads home or nothing, but the view is nice

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:23 pm

SkyHigh314 wrote:
Don't see a problem with this at all!

So there is nothing wrong with fining players who don't show up to these meetings?

Who gave Incognito that authority?

Last edited by Rich on Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:28 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

or the Elk Lodge

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:32 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Contrary to all of these posts here, but I'll never have a Phinfever meeting at a strip club. Maybe we'll do it at a church.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:43 pm
Profile WWW

Big Dave wrote:
Contrary to all of these posts here, but I'll never have a Phinfever meeting at a strip club. Maybe we'll do it at a church.

Can you imagine Dave playing offensive line for the Miami Dolphins (ok, work with me here) and agreeing to meet at a strip club?

Incognito would have been fining him left and right...

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:44 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
Can you imagine Dave playing offensive line for the Miami Dolphins (ok, work with me here) and agreeing to meet at a strip club?

Incognito would have been fining him left and right...

And there is no doubt in my mind that I would be paying ... :grin:

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:50 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

the source said he would "fine" players...... unless we know what actually constituted a Richie "fine" I'm gonna say that he require them to deliver him a case of skittles to his locker on game day.

Even the source has the "fine" in quotations. Unless he actually extorted a set monetary value to his fine, and there is proof of it. I won't believe it, this is media fodder.

Breaking news: JMart was fined a lap dance from Incognito for missing a September 11th meeting at the nudie bar. The lap dance was performed following the Dolphins victory against Indianapolis in the locker room after Philbin spoke his victory speech off of note cards. The entire offense was in attendance as JMart girated on Richie's lap while seated on a folding chair, and towel whips concluded the session. The players then showered and proceeded to mock Richie's gratuitous boner in light of the aforementioned lap dance, and the players were shuttled to the charter jet where JMart was seen seated next to Richie as was the norm. JMart reportedly took a nap on the plane, using Richie's shoulder as a pillow. Richie is now filing a lawsuit because JMart's drool has now stained Richie's Canadian tuxedo, and refused to pay for the damages.....

As reported by Mike Florio..... OMG, breaking story. Richie Incognito is an a**hole for suing over a jacket. Let the media circus continue

Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:13 pm

SkyHigh314 wrote:
the source said he would "fine" players...... unless we know what actually constituted a Richie "fine" I'm gonna say that he require them to deliver him a case of skittles to his locker on game day.

The source said the fines were issued by the Kangaroo Court. It has been documented that in the locker room, this is a "court" that decides how much players should pay depending on the situation. Reportedly the same court that made Martin pay $15,000 for the Vegas trip he didn't go to.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:23 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Reportedly the same court that made Martin pay $15,000 for the Vegas trip he didn't go to.

Its also been said before that Martin had argeed to go on the annual Vegas trip, and it was all pre-paid. In the weeks leading up to the vacation, Martin backed out, and the team wanted his share of what he had agreed to months in advance..

I do not see this as extortion one bit. I see this as a dude completely screwing over his peers... which seems to be the norm.

Kinda like planning a ski trip in the middle of the summer. All the guys get together, find a house to rent, get a liquor list together, and there you go. 10 guys going on a ski trip together in January, and getting a 4 bedroom house to rent. Then one dude backs out that was supposed to pay a share of the rental fee that they had all already signed..... i would still "try" and get him to at least pay his share too, since he backed out last minute, it would be the right thing to do, to at least pay your share

Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:29 pm

SkyHigh314 wrote:
Its also been said before that Martin had argeed to go on the annual Vegas trip, and it was all pre-paid. In the weeks leading up to the vacation, Martin backed out, and the team wanted his share of what he had agreed to months in advance..

This was said by Lydon Murtha, who wasn't even with the team.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:30 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Ok, but has he been proven wrong on that account yet??

Again, we are in another situation where not all the facts have been shown, and it is a lot of "he said she said"...

You claim the Kangaroo Court extorted $15000 out of Martin for a trip he didnt attend.
I claim that Murtha may be right, and Martin agreed to the share, backed out and reneged

Unless we know what actually happens, how can we really say what this lockerroom "Kangaroo" court did or didnt do in regards to how, when, and why the $15000 was taken from Martin, and if it even was taken or attempted.

That being said, how can we know how this Kangaroo court even issued "fines" for undisclosed amounts on players for not attending players only team meetings?

We are using one circumstance to generalize another, and we have no proof of either. So until its proven, it is all speculation

Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:39 pm

SkyHigh314 wrote:
Ok, but has he been proven wrong on that account yet??

So a guy who wasn't even there but commented on it anyway has to be proven wrong?

Quote:
You claim the Kangaroo Court extorted $15000 out of Martin for a trip he didnt attend.
I claim that Murtha may be right, and Martin agreed to the share, backed out and reneged

Huh? I didn't CLAIM anything. I said this was reported.

Quote:
Unless we know what actually happens

I dunno? You're the one that has formalized an opinion without knowing what actually happened... ask yourself that.

Quote:
We are using one circumstance to generalize another, and we have no proof of either.

Says the guy that is siding with Incognito...? I'm confused here.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:44 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Im siding with Richie because he got a bum wrap in all of this... And I dont see anything that would make me think that should be kicked off the team for circumstantial evidence

Yes, everything out there are reports, I agree. I have definitely formed my own opinion, until it is proved otherwise, I'll be sticking to it..... so yea. Maybe i have been sarcastically attacking the silly nature of the whole case, which I admit to 100%.

But for every new piece of evidence, there is another side to it. Instead of taking everything for fact, we should explore it further..

Spock once said: If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...

Maybe it doesnt apply..... But what if the fines were skittles? or milky ways?

are we really gonna crucify a guy who conducted off campus positional meetings at a strip club?
are we gonna crucify a guy for asking for money that was allegedly verbally arranged?
are we gonna kill a career on a guy for saying hes gonna "sh*t in your mouth"?
is Richie actually gonna run a train on Jmart's mom and sister?
Are we gonna fine a guy for having a settlement with someone he sexually harrased in the past?
Are wedgies going to become outlawed?

Thats all I am saying. Right now, JMart CHOSE to leave the team. Richie was forced to. In my eyes, Richie is the victim until proved otherwise

Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:57 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Are wedgies going to become outlawed?

I sure hope not!

Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:59 pm

SkyHigh314 wrote:
are we really gonna crucify a guy who conducted off campus positional meetings at a strip club?

You've effectively convoluted the entire discussion in regards to this strip club thing.

There is nothing wrong with him wanting to have a positional meetings at a strip club.

There is something wrong with him trying to force others to do it. According to the source (a player who wishes to remain unnamed), Richie thinks everyone else should think like him.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:00 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

It was by MY choice, but I have enjoyed all the back and forth communicating with you fine gentleman all of today!

BTW, Martin is still a big puss!!! Ha! Ha!

Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:06 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

How does one FORCE someone to go to a strip club? How does one FORCE someone to pay the fine if they don't go?

Give me a break.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:04 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Quote:
How does one FORCE someone to go to a strip club
I'm not sure but I wish some of my friends would get with the program. "Honest Honey, they forced me to go, I had no choice...I was bullied" :haha

Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:44 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

crap i wish we could have our work meetings at a strip joint. LOL

Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:09 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

NFLJunkie wrote:
Quote:
How does one FORCE someone to go to a strip club
I'm not sure but I wish some of my friends would get with the program. "Honest Honey, they forced me to go, I had no choice...I was bullied" :haha

Now I have a legit excuse!

Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:46 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Ha! Ha! I am telling on you both Gary & Dave!!!

Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:14 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

This is another non issue. Wow, the media is really reaching now.

Even if he did "fine" the players... They are grown men and nobody can make them do anything besides their boss whom I doubt would.

I agree with Richie, they should be fined if they don't attend a meeting. No matter what position or meeting place. Unless it was somewhere dangerous. Like, a shark tank.

I do have a problem with him picking a strip club though. How much work can get done there? Not a whole lot. That in it's self is cancerous.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]