View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 Martin's new attorney LOST election for NFLPA 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Martin's new attorney LOST election for NFLPA
Was anyone aware of this? Just caught wind of it.

Talk about a man with a bone to pick. Word was he was irate over losing the election to DeMauris Smith.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:06 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Martin's new attorney LOST election for NFLPA
This is going to get into a bunch of diplomatic/political battles now. Heck, no one from the NFL side in terms of the investigation is going to START talking to Martin until late next week.

Sure Martin couldn't give a hoot because he is happier staying home eating Ding Dong's, but what about Incognito IF he is absolved of all this? He will be on the bench at least a couple of more weeks because of this nonsense/drama.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:10 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:

Talk about a man with a bone to pick. Word was he was irate over losing the election to DeMauris Smith.

Yeah I heard that on sports talk radio and they also said he was BS about not getting the job.

Certainly raises eyebrows.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:47 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

jammer wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

Yeah I heard that on sports talk radio and they also said he was BS about not getting the job.

Certainly raises eyebrows.

So? Lydon Murtha lost his roster spot and starting position to Jonathan Martin, but all I hear is everyone here taking his word as gospel, even if has a giant hole the size of the Fort Pitt Tunnel.

And even if some of his word should be taken at face value, then it tells me that people (namely, Jeff Ireland. He should know EXACTLY what I'm talking about) should have known what was going on in Martin's head. If what I'm thinking is true, then it tells me that they tried to force a square peg into a round hole rather than tailor their training, and because of it, we now have predictable results.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:11 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

It raises eyebrows because you have a guy with knowledge of the league and the NFLPA now representing a player who could open a large case against the NFLPA, the NFL, the Dolphins and players on the team. From what I understand he is a well known attorney who represented big time players.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:20 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

DevilInPgh wrote:
So? Lydon Murtha lost his roster spot and starting position to Jonathan Martin, but all I hear is everyone here taking his word as gospel, even if has a giant hole the size of the Fort Pitt Tunnel.

And even if some of his word should be taken at face value, then it tells me that people (namely, Jeff Ireland. He should know EXACTLY what I'm talking about) should have known what was going on in Martin's head. If what I'm thinking is true, then it tells me that they tried to force a square peg into a round hole rather than tailor their training, and because of it, we now have predictable results.

Tailor their training to one man among over 100?

Yeah .... no.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:23 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Rock Sexton wrote:
DevilInPgh wrote:

Tailor their training to one man among over 100?

Yeah .... no.

Oh, come on, you know exactly what I meant. What do you think the order to Incognito to "toughen up" Martin was? That was tailored training, although poorly executed, was it not?

Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:48 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

jammer wrote:
It raises eyebrows because you have a guy with knowledge of the league and the NFLPA now representing a player who could open a large case against the NFLPA, the NFL, the Dolphins and players on the team. From what I understand he is a well known attorney who represented big time players.

Maybe it raises eyebrows, but so does Murtha talking s**t without directly experiencing said s**t.

Also, if Murtha is "Mr. Tough Guy", why didn't any of the other 31 NFL teams sign him after he got cut? We're not exactly talking about Richmond Webb here.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:50 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

DevilInPgh wrote:
Maybe it raises eyebrows, but so does Murtha talking s**t without directly experiencing said s**t.

Also, if Murtha is "Mr. Tough Guy", why didn't any of the other 31 NFL teams sign him after he got cut? We're not exactly talking about Richmond Webb here.

What does Murtha have to do with the GLARING axe grinding inevitably coming from Cornwell?

Wrong thread chief.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:19 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

DevilInPgh wrote:
jammer wrote:

Lydon Murtha is a bit irrelevant to what I'm saying. This isn't a guy just offering commentary, it is the attorney representing Martin and he has a history with the NFL.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:25 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

jammer wrote:
DevilInPgh wrote:
jammer wrote:

Lydon Murtha is a bit irrelevant to what I'm saying. This isn't a guy just offering commentary, it is the attorney representing Martin and he has a history with the NFL.

And Murtha has a supposed axe to grind with Martin, but nobody wants to talk about that. That's hypocrisy.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:48 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

DevilInPgh wrote:
And Murtha has a supposed axe to grind with Martin, but nobody wants to talk about that. That's hypocrisy.

Why would Murtha have an axe to grind with Martin? Do you even know what the hell that phrase means?

Lemme spell it out for you. Cornwell has an axe to grind because he was pissed off about not being made head of the NFLPA. So now he takes on this case which is about to challenge the nature of locker rooms around the entire league.

That's an axe and he's grinding it.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:11 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Rock Sexton wrote:
Lemme spell it out for you. Cornwell has an axe to grind because he was pissed off about not being made head of the NFLPA..

And Murtha has an axe to grind because his POSITION (you remember Murtha was an oft-injured RT, right?) AND ROSTER SPOT were taken by what in his mind is a Little Sister of the Poor. You don't think he wants to get back at Martin for taking what he felt was rightfully his? Am I the only one who sees that you dismiss one axe-grinder's words, but take another's as gospel? Are you that stupid?!

PS: You do also notice that Murtha hasn't gotten a job with any of the other 31 NFL teams since he was cut, right? He's an obvious axe-grinder who shouldn't be trusted, yet you trust him. Why do you trust one axe-grinder, but not another?

Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:02 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

DevilInPgh wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
Lemme spell it out for you. Cornwell has an axe to grind because he was pissed off about not being made head of the NFLPA..

And Murtha has an axe to grind because his POSITION (you remember Murtha was an oft-injured RT, right?) AND ROSTER SPOT were taken by what in his mind is a Little Sister of the Poor. You don't think he wants to get back at Martin for taking what he felt was rightfully his? Am I the only one who sees that you dismiss one axe-grinder's words, but take another's as gospel? Are you that stupid?!

PS: You do also notice that Murtha hasn't gotten a job with any of the other 31 NFL teams since he was cut, right? He's an obvious axe-grinder who shouldn't be trusted, yet you trust him. Why do you trust one axe-grinder, but not another?

Lemme get this straight. He can't get a job anywhere in the NFL, but he has an axe to grind with Martin?

Only in your twisted world.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:37 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Rock Sexton wrote:
DevilInPgh wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

Lemme get this straight. He can't get a job anywhere in the NFL, but he has an axe to grind with Martin?

Only in your twisted world.

You keep circling around the point, but keep missing it. Murtha's job was TAKEN by Martin! Hence why Murtha is out of a job!

Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:44 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

DevilInPgh wrote:
You keep circling around the point, but keep missing it. Murtha's job was TAKEN by Martin! Hence why Murtha is out of a job!

Jobs get taken in the NFL every day. The fact that Murtha can't land a job anywhere else in the NFL leaves him far less likely to have an axe to grind with Martin.

But again, I don't know why you're even bringing this up in a thread I created about Cornwell when I've said absolutely nothing about the Murtha situation. Who are you protesting exactly?

Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:52 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Rock Sexton wrote:
DevilInPgh wrote:

Jobs get taken in the NFL every day. The fact that Murtha can't land a job anywhere else in the NFL leaves him far less likely to have an axe to grind with Martin.

But again, I don't know why you're even bringing this up in a thread I created about Cornwell when I've said absolutely nothing about the Murtha situation. Who are you protesting exactly?

Again, you keep circling around the point without actually seeing it. I've said my peace enough. Time for bed.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:02 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Did Murtha's job get taken by Martin or was Murtha released because of injuries and then he retired? I was not aware that he was actively trying to catch on with another team. imo not being able to play because of injury and someone out performing you and taking your job seem to be two different things.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:16 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AQNOR wrote:
Did Murtha's job get taken by Martin or was Murtha released because of injuries and then he retired? I was not aware that he was actively trying to catch on with another team. imo not being able to play because of injury and someone out performing you and taking your job seem to be two different things.

Injuries .... lots of them, especially to one of his feet. Don't tell that to our boy Devil though.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:49 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Rock Sexton wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

Injuries .... lots of them, especially to one of his feet. Don't tell that to our boy Devil though.

Uh, he never retired. He also didn't suffer an injury in 2012. Heck, Barry Jackson also said that Martin was AHEAD of Murtha going into the 2012 training camp.
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-b ... rlins.html

CORRECTION: OK, I see where he said he retired, in that same self-aggrandizing article in which he cited things he never saw. My mistake. I guess he really was a worse football player than a supposed pussy.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:01 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
Monday, August 27th, 2012

Fourth-year pro Lydon Murtha, the primary backup at tackle, has missed the last week of practice with a foot injury. - See more at: http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... 5xIoR.dpuf

Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]