View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Way to roll over and die 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Way to roll over and die
Awful 2nd half.....could not move the ball or burn clock at the end and the defense just collapsed on the final drive. Out coached in the 2nd half again, they could not generate a point. With the Jets losing, opportunity was knocking......but the door was answered by Dolphin defeat. Wallace has the final pass hit his hands for 6 and drops it.....yuck.

Last edited by FrustratedFinFan on Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:23 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: Way to roll over and die
Sherman..............ugh.................he needs to go

Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:24 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Awful 2nd half.....could not move the ball or burn clock at the end and the defense just collapsed on the final drive. Out coached in the 2nd half again, they could not generate a point. With the Jets losing, opportunity was knocking......but the door was answered by Dolphin defeat. Ginn has the final pass hit his hands for 6 and drops it.....yuck.

Kinda hard to move the ball when they know you're going to:
A. Run the ball or
B. Throw the ball on a playaction.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:27 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The defense on the final series stunk. Coyle went away from the blitz that worked all day and the Panthers kept converting on long downs. Near the goal line, they just collapsed.

I see this team finishing 7-9 again. Changes have to be made.

Tannehill came up gimpy on that last pass....

Last edited by FrustratedFinFan on Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:31 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Team loss. That one hurt a bit.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:32 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
The defense on the final series stunk. Coyle went away from the blitz that worked all day and the Panthers kept converting on long downs. Near the goal line, they just collapsed

Doesn't help when your head coach keeps stopping the Effin clock

Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:34 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

paydurt wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
The defense on the final series stunk. Coyle went away from the blitz that worked all day and the Panthers kept converting on long downs. Near the goal line, they just collapsed

Doesn't help when your head coach keeps stopping the Effin clock

Yeah....and the ref 15 yd gift when Reshad Jones was trying to keep Newton from falling out of bounds was utter :crap

Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:37 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

after that choke job today we don't belong in the playoff conversation. Should have scored way more than 16. Need a line and a run game.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:41 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

I dont understand it anymore. I like the makeup of this team , I think we can compete with any team in the league. We are in every game. I think our QB can be one of the best ever. We just cant seem to win games. Getting shut out at home in the second half is just unacceptable.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:42 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
after that choke job today we don't belong in the playoff conversation. Should have scored way more than 16. Need a line and a run game.

The refs screwed them on one drive. That Kuechley helmet to helmet hit in the end zone gets picked up and we get a field goal instead of a TD. I wonder if Brady dropped a dime on us that play.....

Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:43 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
I dont understand it anymore. I like the makeup of this team , I think we can compete with any team in the league. We are in every game. I think our QB can be one of the best ever. We just cant seem to win games. Getting shut out at home in the second half is just unacceptable.

That's because we're an AVERAGE team. You just fixate on the moments when we're actually competent and seem to think it means there's greatness there.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:44 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Sherman..............ugh.................he needs to go

Sorry. I completely disagree with you here. The Miami offense had PLENTY of plays to make on the field with the existing play calling by Sherman. The players just did not take advantage and execute, so cannot blame the offensive coordinator this time around.

2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

we're missing Gibson badly.

Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
we're missing Gibson badly.

His absence is not why we lost this game.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:45 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The offensive play calling was awful at the end. They needed to keep the clock rolling and kept going to the air. The clock seemed like it was moving backwards between 4:40 and the two minute warning.

Also....Tannehill needs to hit the weight room or something. He under threw Wallace on both of those big completions. Wallace made a great play for the first TD, but the second one was the difference between a TD and the field goal they settled for.

Last edited by FrustratedFinFan on Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:47 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

We have some real strengths mixed with some real weaknesses, and we never seem to get it balanced.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:47 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

His absence is not why we lost this game.

Absolutely had nothing to do with Gibson being in the equation. The Dolphins had PLENTY of chances today. Just didn't execute.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:50 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

The refs screwed them on one drive. That Kuechley helmet to helmet hit in the end zone gets picked up and we get a field goal instead of a TD. I wonder if Brady dropped a dime on us that play.....

Colts just got flagged for a 15 yarder on the exact type of play but the contact wasn't even half as violent as the hit Mathews took

I truly have no idea what's a penalty in this league anymore

Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:08 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

I'll probably get flamed for this but Matthews should not have dropped that ball, and it should have been a penalty. Yeah the hit was brutal but he should have had two arms securely around the ball. He lost it when he hit the ground and even Philbin was arguing to review whether it was a catch.

Just another in a list of plays that cost Miami the game.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:12 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Jammer. Matthews needed to hold on to that catch, bottom line. Big hit or not. Miami just beats themselves. This team "COULD" have won about 8 or 9 games thus far, but shoot themselves in the foot continuously.

Hard to watch them keep a lead all the way until the last 40 seconds of a ball game and knowing that there were MULTIPLE chances to score more points today, only failed to follow through and execute.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:15 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Finhead34 wrote:
Jammer. Matthews needed to hold on to that catch, bottom line. Big hit or not. Miami just beats themselves. This team "COULD" have won about 8 or 9 games thus far, but shoot themselves in the foot continuously.

Hard to watch them keep a lead all the way until the last 40 seconds of a ball game and knowing that there were MULTIPLE chances to score more points today, only failed to follow through and execute.

I thought the Kuechly hit in the endzone was a good one. It's a play 10 years ago we'd be cheering if it were one of our defenders.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:20 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
Finhead34 wrote:

I thought the Kuechly hit in the endzone was a good one. It's a play 10 years ago we'd be cheering if it were one of our defenders.

But is totally illegal in todays game...Have seen that call on lesser plays 3 times today.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:23 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

swerve13 wrote:

This team teeters between good and bad. I am hopeful that they will learn how to finish games and make it into the playoffs. It is really a shame that the Dolphins have to have Tannehill carry the offense, because of a lack of offensive line talent and no running game. How much worst would we be if Henne were still the starting QB.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:24 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Kev1321 wrote:
But is totally illegal in todays game...Have seen that call on lesser plays 3 times today.

It was one of those could've or could've not been kind of calls.

I honestly don't know wtf people like yourself or anyone expect a defender to do in that situation. Should he just stand there stationary and wait for the split second the ball drops into Matthews hands and try to slap at it? It's ridiculous.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:28 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Awful 2nd half.....could not move the ball or burn clock at the end and the defense just collapsed on the final drive. Out coached in the 2nd half again, they could not generate a point. With the Jets losing, opportunity was knocking......but the door was answered by Dolphin defeat. Wallace has the final pass hit his hands for 6 and drops it.....yuck.

Not the second half!.. That game changed when Miami let them waltz down the field right before the half and then proceeded to gift wrap a FG for them

Gimme a break

Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:29 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FINesse wrote:

No points in the 2nd half again............how does this keep happening? Why can't we repeat what we're doing in the first half. Another game we should have won.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:33 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

shularino wrote:
No points in the 2nd half again............how does this keep happening? Why can't we repeat what we're doing in the first half. Another game we should have won.

Things that happen when you're a mediocre ball club. The run game was mostly inffective so I'm not quite sure what else they were going to do. There were opportunities out there to score TD's and we came away with FG's ....... which ultimately affected the momentum heading into the 2nd half.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:36 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

we're way too one dimensional. We needed a running game to sustain the win.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:44 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Honestly, Tannehill should have had 4 TD passes today (not counting the Hail Mary).

The first one he had. He underthrew Wallace, which at least got a FG. Then he overthrew him in the 3rd (I see what Swerve is saying about Wallace losing his stride a bit but he didn't expect that overthrow), and the Matthews drop.

Just think about that. Tannehill could have had 4 TD passes (two misses on him) and beat the hottest team in football. Why isn't this happening?

Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:47 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
Just think about that. Tannehill could have had 4 TD passes (two misses on him) and beat the hottest team in football. Why isn't this happening?

Because they're average! LOL ....

Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:48 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
jammer wrote:

Because they're average! LOL ....

But it seems like Tannehill and the receivers are better than that. Its like brain farts at the worst moments. Is it coaching? Is it over hyped talent that can't execute?

I see Tannehill make unreal throws and then miss. I see Hartline, Matthews and Clay make tough catches then drop critical, easier passes.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:52 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
But it seems like Tannehill and the receivers are better than that. Its like brain farts at the worst moments. Is it coaching? Is it over hyped talent that can't execute?

I see Tannehill make unreal throws and then miss. I see Hartline, Matthews and Clay make tough catches then drop critical, easier passes.

At the worst moments? I've seen it at various phases of the game. For as many good plays, there are also bad ones and near interceptions when he's forced out of his typical curl/comeback throws. The WR's are not this breed of multiple position players we were led to believe.

Ultimately though, the players a whole lack killer instinct. I don't know that you develop something like that. You either have it or you don't. It's a distinct personality trait.

Law of averages man ..... mediocrity everywhere, regardless of the good plays they always fall back to who they really are.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:55 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

You watch though.....they will get just enough wins to be in the 13th or lower draft pick in each round. Mediocrity for eternity......and beyond!

They won't even sniff the playoffs... again.

Get rid of Ireland. Get rid of Sherman......and seriously look at jettisoning Coyle.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:02 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
At the worst moments?

Well I meant throughout the game but at critical moments like a 2nd down drop or bad throw on 3rd down in the first quarter that puts the defense back on the field too quickly.

The Matthews drop and the Tannehill overthrow were at points in the game when Miami could have put their foot on Carolina's throat.

I think the talent is better than we are seeing. I think part of that missing killer instinct is on coaching.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:03 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

we have too many wispy finesse players on offense for my liking, they go down when you breathe on them. (Mike Wallace. Brian Hartline, Lamar Miller). We have 2 guys that break some tackles....Clay and Thomas.
This team could use a Mike Tolbert or an Eric Decker. Beat the defense up a little. I miss Ricky Wiliams, He made tacklers pay.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:04 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Rock Sexton wrote:
jammer wrote:

At the worst moments? I've seen it at various phases of the game. For as many good plays, there are also bad ones and near interceptions when he's forced out of his typical curl/comeback throws. The WR's are not this breed of multiple position players we were led to believe.

Ultimately though, the players a whole lack killer instinct. I don't know that you develop something like that. You either have it or you don't. It's a distinct personality trait.

Law of averages man ..... mediocrity everywhere, regardless of the good plays they always fall back to who they really are.

I agree some with both of you. I think our coaches are losers for not realizing this teams limitations. Tanne can do some special things but it doesn't mean hes ready to carry the team most every game. Good coaches get you in a position to win, great coaches know how to get it done. Some of the best teams in history were no names with mediocre talent but the executed their parts well. Our coaches don't use our players at their best.

I also believe this team is weak mentally. Call it lack of killer instinct, lack of belief, or lack of leadership but the Winners attitude is not on our field. We walk a tight rope every game & hope to pull it off some how. So while i think the talent is in this team & they have the ability to win, they do not have the strength it takes to be real winners

Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:20 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Also....Tannehill needs to hit the weight room or something. He under threw Wallace on both of those big completions. Wallace made a great play for the first TD, but the second one was the difference between a TD and the field goal they settled for.

Not an expert, but hitting the weight room will not have an effect on throwing the deep ball.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:38 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Its about lack of balance on offense. They are one dimensional. Good teams make adjustments at half time and play solid for 4 quarters. Miami has been able to play great first halves but consistently collapses in the 2nd half.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:55 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

i think Ireland's as good as gone now

Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:03 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

FINesse wrote:

Coaching.....simple as that

Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next