View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
 Miami didn't lose much today. 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Miami didn't lose much today.
The AFC 6th seed is still wide open. I'm not to beat up about it. They should just change the 6th spot to a bye because no team I see deserves that sixth spot. They are all bad.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:36 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: Miami didn't lose much today.
Haha wrote:
The AFC 6th seed is still wide open. I'm not to beat up about it. They should just change the 6th spot to a bye because no team I see deserves that sixth spot. They are all bad.

Never in my wildest mind would I think the Steelers would catch up to the Dolphins this year. Way to prove me wrong, Dolphins!

Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:39 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The only way Miami gets that 6th seed is if 6-10 or 7-9 earns them that spot. The team played a good first half, but the Dolphins just are not doing well in the 2nd half of games.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:41 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I don't really want Miami to make it to the playoffs. Sadly, they will go 9-7. I only see them losing to the Patriots again.

Mike Sherman needs to go , he's a cancer and is killing everything living on this Offense. I'm confident Mike Wallace was a bad signing. He's not good. Yeah he had decent numbers today. That last throw should have been a TD, any competent WR catches it and wins the game. Our D surprises me sometimes. I am still not sold on Cam Newton, I think he sucks. And what the HELL was that Tanny melt down at the end on the final play? I like Philbin. I think our kicker sucks. And did anyone else personally celebrate the Danial Thomas injury? I'm not a classy dude and I don't pretend to be. I hope he's out for the season. Then they release him.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:46 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I think the Ravens or Steelers currently hold the 6th seed.

Miami blew it today. They aren't going to win all 3 road games in December and still have to face the Pats. Today's win could have been the buffer they needed.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:03 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

You can't win if you can't run the football. Miami is not a playoff team.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:07 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

As Dansby gets a pick 6 :hithead:

And now Satele has a catch....Why did we dump him again..Because he is a monster now

Last edited by Kev1321 on Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:08 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

It is easy to pick on Sherman, but how many plays that "COULD" have been made with the calls that were made? Enough to win today's game if the players executed? I believe so.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:12 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Finhead34 wrote:
It is easy to pick on Sherman, but how many plays that "COULD" have been made with the calls that were made? Enough to win today's game if the players executed? I believe so.

One 4th down i can think of..
Plenty..And a few bad calls also...If it were the Patsies they would talk about those calls all week...Oh wait they just did that.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:18 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Miami has a crippled one dimensional offense. Today, Miami's running backs carried 13 times for 16 yards. Each week you see Tannehill going out of the shotgun almost every play. 3rd and 2 or more is almost always a pass because they cannot run. They cannot run in goal line situations. Lack of a running game eliminates the effectiveness of play action passing. Lack of a running game results in a lopsided time of possession and leads to a tired defense by game end. Almost all of Miami's troubles can be traced back to the fact they cannot run the football.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:29 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Entirely too much put on Tannehill's back with no support of a running game.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:33 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

What kind of fan doesn't want their team in the playoffs? We are a solid football team with finishing issues. 4th quarter issues in general. We had a chance to seal the victory with on that 4th down. We outplayed the Panthers for almost the whole game. To say we are a bad football team is ridiculous. Don't let the W-L fool you..I thought of everyone to realize this it would be our own faithful. We should still only have 1 loss. The running game was poor today, again, but the fact that we should be winning these games with out it shows how good of a team we really are.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:45 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

DanRambo wrote:
What kind of fan doesn't want their team in the playoffs? We are a solid football team with finishing issues. 4th quarter issues in general. We had a chance to seal the victory with on that 4th down. We outplayed the Panthers for almost the whole game. To say we are a bad football team is ridiculous. Don't let the W-L fool you..I thought of everyone to realize this it would be our own faithful. We should still only have 1 loss. The running game was poor today, again, but the fact that we should be winning these games with out it shows how good of a team we really are.

We did not outplay the Panthers "almost the whole game" ..... we only outplayed them for the entire first half, minus their last drive.

........and should still only have 1 loss? Wut?

Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:47 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:
DanRambo wrote:

We did not outplay the Panthers "almost the whole game" ..... we only outplayed them for the entire first half, minus their last drive.

........and should still only have 1 loss? Wut?

It was 13-16 a majority of the 2nd half. Our offense did have second half issues, but we still averaged more yards per play than they did. We choked on that 4th and 10. We had every chance in the world to put this game away with the poor offensive second half we had. If the field goal makes it, things are a little more interesting(granted they missed one too). We had almost 100 more return yards than they did, which we turned into almost nothing. We are 5-6. Loss to Saints, legit. Loss to Ravens, had every chance to win. Loss to Bills, gave it away. Loss to Patriots, blew big lead. Loss to Buccaneers, gave up lead, had every chance to win. And now this loss. I don't know how you don't see this.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:05 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

when you've got a team buried near their own end zone you don't allow them to convert a 4th and 10.
That has been the undoing of this team all year. Way too many 3rd and longs converted every week, It's sickening.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:09 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

DanRambo wrote:

I admire your fan loyalty. I get what you are saying. I have been a fan of the Dolphins since 1972 when I was 6 years old living in Miami. In the NFL the reality is that W and L's are how the team is judged. There is not a huge difference in the margin of talent between a playoff team, a good team, a mediocre team and a bad team. IMO Miami is a mediocre 7-9 or 8-8 team. The loss of Keller in preseason was a huge blow. Add in the loss of Gibson and then the issue with Martin and Incognito and you have a lot of people playing today that were viewed as back ups in preseason. But how well the offensive line was going to perform was a the #1 concern for most fans going into the season. Even before the injuries and Martin issue. On defense Wake and Patterson have been out with injuries almost half the games so far. Playoff teams are deep enough in talent to overcome injuries and remain balanced on offense and play tough defense into the 4th quarter. Some of Miami's issues are from coaching philosophies and schemes, some are from the injuries and some are from a lack of talent. But this is not a playoff team.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:26 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

DanRambo wrote:

It was 13-16 a majority of the 2nd half. Our offense did have second half issues, but we still averaged more yards per play than they did. We choked on that 4th and 10. We had every chance in the world to put this game away with the poor offensive second half we had. If the field goal makes it, things are a little more interesting(granted they missed one too).

Miami had a chance to put the game away in the 2nd quarter and settled for 3 FG's instead of TD's. Lack of a running attack was the primary cause.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:30 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Quote:
We should still only have 1 loss.

:hithead:

Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:09 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FINesse wrote:
Quote:
We should still only have 1 loss.

:hithead:

Lol, whatever man. I know what I see. It's not like we are getting ruined everytime we play. We are fighting toe to toe with the opponent, and unfortunately we haven't been able to pull away late with the game, but that doesn't make us a bad football team.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:17 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Haha wrote:
I don't really want Miami to make it to the playoffs. Sadly, they will go 9-7. I only see them losing to the Patriots again.

Mike Sherman needs to go , he's a cancer and is killing everything living on this Offense. I'm confident Mike Wallace was a bad signing. He's not good. Yeah he had decent numbers today. That last throw should have been a TD, any competent WR catches it and wins the game. Our D surprises me sometimes. I am still not sold on Cam Newton, I think he sucks. And what the HELL was that Tanny melt down at the end on the final play? I like Philbin. I think our kicker sucks. And did anyone else personally celebrate the Danial Thomas injury? I'm not a classy dude and I don't pretend to be. I hope he's out for the season. Then they release him.

Lol what games give you confidence in a 9-7 finish? They can't put together a complete game on offense which means they either start slow or finish slow. They're 8-8 if they're lucky.....

Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:27 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

we're lucky if we win 7. Ireland's gone....others should be too.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:32 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

9-7 I think, which will put us in the runnings for a wildcard, and having the tiebreaker over Pittsburgh be it they are in it, only problem with tie breakers could be Baltimore, but, hopefully it doesn't come down to that. I honestly think we can pull it off, and give a legitimate game in the playoffs.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:41 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

DanRambo wrote:
It was 13-16 a majority of the 2nd half. Our offense did have second half issues, but we still averaged more yards per play than they did. We choked on that 4th and 10. We had every chance in the world to put this game away with the poor offensive second half we had. If the field goal makes it, things are a little more interesting(granted they missed one too). We had almost 100 more return yards than they did, which we turned into almost nothing. We are 5-6. Loss to Saints, legit. Loss to Ravens, had every chance to win. Loss to Bills, gave it away. Loss to Patriots, blew big lead. Loss to Buccaneers, gave up lead, had every chance to win. And now this loss. I don't know how you don't see this.

Scoreboard chief ..... Panthers put up 14pts in the second half. We put up ZERO. So this idea we were in control of the game up until the waning moments is absurd and something someone might say if they hadn't actually watched the game with their eyeballs.

Every loss is legit. Do you know how many fans of teams right now are saying "Well if they would've just ...... and if they could've just". We can play that game all night man. They didn't win those games because they couldn't pull them out, pure and simple. That's what mediocre squads do. They can be competitive, but don't know how to pull away or don't have the talent to do so.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:27 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Scoreboard chief ..... Panthers put up 14pts in the second half. We put up ZERO. So this idea we were in control of the game up until the waning moments is absurd and something someone might say if they hadn't actually watched the game with their eyeballs.

Every loss is legit. Do you know how many fans of teams right now are saying "Well if they would've just ...... and if they could've just". We can play that game all night man. They didn't win those games because they couldn't pull them out, pure and simple. That's what mediocre squads do. They can be competitive, but don't know how to pull away or don't have the talent to do so.[/quote]

When I say legit I mean they thoroughly outplayed us to get the W. I Understand scoreboard man, I'm just trying to find hope in a blood scattered field, and there are things to be hopeful for. Yeah I did watch this game with my own eyeballs. Looks like that Carolina D, that everyone predicted would shut us down the whole game, and just dominate us and we wouldn't have a chance, stepped up. I'm proud that we stuck it to them like we did. Disappointed that our offense stalled. Heartbroken by the 4th and 10, and the loss.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:59 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:
DanRambo wrote:

Every loss is legit. Do you know how many fans of teams right now are saying "Well if they would've just ...... and if they could've just". We can play that game all night man. They didn't win those games because they couldn't pull them out, pure and simple. That's what mediocre squads do. They can be competitive, but don't know how to pull away or don't have the talent to do so.

If the D stops them on that last drive, the same team that scored ZERO points in the second half would have won the game. And to me that says a lot about us. Just need to finish the dang game.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]