View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 PR Hit 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post PR Hit
Who takes the bigger PR Hit for Jason Taylor signing with the Jets, JT or Bill Parcells and co?

I say the FO, but based on what I see in the threads here it seems almost a toss-up.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:58 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: PR Hit
In the long run neither. Time will prevail & all sides involved once the initial shock wears off will chalk it up to business. Shula , Marino , Thomas exits also were not handled in the best way but it all seems to have smoothed out.
Well maybe not Thomas yet from his comments yesterday but it will soon.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:16 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

IMO both parties are responsible. I wish the Phins FO would have been more diplomatic in the way this was handled. But JT tried to force Miami to make a decision prior to the draft and they stuck to their original timeline. Ego's on both sides helped to deteriorate the situation. But the bottom line is this was a business decision for both sides. I don't have any ill feelings toward JT. I wish him the best. He has a talent that the Jets were willing to pay for and the Phins were not. It is very common for the end of a player's time with a team to end on a sour note. It doesn't mean I like it, but it is done. Now its time to look forward to the draft. Thanks for all the memories JT.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:26 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

It's a PR hit because the FO dangled a meaasely 1.5 and JT said "no" - and now JT feels disrespect - what a joke!!! The guy is 36

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:56 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

As someone who studied PR in school and worked in it for a short time, I am still not an expert. However, I can provide some perspective.

The PR hit will be felt hardest by Taylor. Team loyalty outweighs player loyalty and he is the one who ultimately left the team for its biggest rival. Should he have gone to San Diego, Oakland, Buffalo or EVEN New England, the uproar would not be like this.

Taylor spent his whole career dumping on the Jets as a franchise and their fans. He then turns around and, rather than being patient (whether with the Dolphins or another team becoming interested – and trust me, he would have gotten the same contract elsewhere), signs with their rivals.

He also went on the offensive WAY too soon. Did not allow the proper cooling-off period. He doth protest too much.

The only side of the story out there right now is Taylor’s and that is because he and his people felt the need to try and salvage his image because it is that which is the most damaged by the decision HE made.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:40 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The front office could have thrown poop in Jason Taylor's face, it doesn't change the fact that Taylor said he'd never be a Jet and all the stuff he said about the fans and all the bashing he did of the organization for years. To me, his hypocritical stance on this makes him a big loser. I mean, he always said he liked Tom Brady and the organization, so if he signed with them I'd be sad, but since he said he'd never be a Jet and then goes there I've lost all respect for him.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]