View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Random Stuff 
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Post Random Stuff
I don't get on here very much and, due to the loss yesterday, this probably isn't a good time to be browsing around here. Regardless, here are 10 of my thoughts:
1. I am really glad I'm not a Redskins fan. They share some of our issues and they also have some different issues. The bottom line is that they're not very good...and it comes down to having the players. Same with the Vikings around here--you should hear those fans. The list of bad teams could go on and on. There are only a handful of teams with content fans. Doesn't make it any easier as a fan of the Dolphins, but keeps things in perspective.
2. I don't question the Dolphins' effort. There have been some seasons where I've seen a lack of emotion and have even found myself jealous of the Jets in that category. I like the current players' efforts and enthusiasm. They appear to want to win.
3. Yes, changes have to be made on this team. It bugs me when I read that Sherman should go. He's a proven winner...when he has the players. Given the offensive line, it HAS to limit his play-calling. The running backs are decent, but not game-breakers. Tannehill is still young; have you noticed Andrew Luck struggling more than a little bit? RT needs time; he's a gamer.
4. On a much smaller scale, our fifth grade girls basketball coach is a genius when he has the tall girl who can rebound and one good shooter/ball handler. Nobody could be better than him. However, when he doesn't have those two talents, he's an awful coach and a change is necessary. Really??? No. Philbin and Sherman and Coyle must stay and more talented players are needed. The only position I feel comfortable with is QB and WR. A 5-6 record is par for this talent...but who isn't at least a little bit greedy??
5. Who is this Rock Sexton? I read his posts and he seems to know it all. I know a guy like him in my small town....he's a Buffalo fan and has all of the answers. Annoying as hell. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but geez...
6. If the Dolphins get rid of Sherman or Philbin or whoever, who is going to come in and put a champion team in Joe Robbie Stadium? Very easy to say somebody should be fired, but who is better than the people we have? Lovie Smith?? I just talked to a buddy who's a huge Bears fan and told him that a few Dolphin fans have mentioned his name. He laughed, shook his head, and said, "Bud, I don't want you to have to endure the agony Lovie Smith put us through."
7. Guarantee of the Week: Dolphins 27, NYJ 18. 6-6 and on the outside looking in.
8. Hope to see a lot of aqua and orange on TV in the Meadowlands this Sunday!!
9. Just proofread this post and totally realize how drab it really is...but I'm posting it anyway.
10. Ready to take your criticism...start typing!

Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:40 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Random Stuff
5. Who is this Rock Sexton? I read his posts and he seems to know it all. I know a guy like him in my small town....he's a Buffalo fan and has all of the answers. Annoying as hell. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but geez...

Wait till you "meet" Rich on the boards.

Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:43 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

lol Mak. DL I disagree with your take on the QB position. I am not saying he should be cut, but I do think competition should be brought in for that position. Not convinced that he is a gamer. He is tough and willing imo but those qualities need to be augmented by better play in some areas.

Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:53 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Phins Lover I totally agree with you about coach Philbin and partially Sherman. I have complete confidence in Philbin. So what if he looks funny when they show his face...I'm sure half of us make weird faces or look funny at times too. As a coach he is has a great vision in a football team. He isn't the natural motivational speaker, and they bag on him for reading what the team did good on paper that looks like notes he took during the game..not a bad thing in my opinion. I write things down so I don't forget too. He is a to this world coach. Sherman...ehh..I think he has potential, and you're right about the line limiting our plays. I agree about the receivers. Even with our starting Keller and Gibson out Clay has emerged even more than last year, not dropping NEARLY as many passes (knock on wood) and showing more strength and speed. Tannehill does some really nice things. He is getting better one step at a time, with a fan base that is impatient and wants ten steps at a time. He started the season standing in the pocket on multiple plays in a row, holding the ball and getting sacked. Let's not put it ALL on the o-line because FINALLY, TANNEHILL IS ROLLING OUT OF THE POCKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank the Lord. Now, stating the obvious, the long ball needs to be better, and we build a more comfortable lead. I read a point saying throw the ball sooner..AGREE. He is waiting for the receiver to hit the end of the route before he throws it before meeting the receiver at the end with the ball. He does have throws, however, that are Elite QB throws. And his running game is starting to give defenses a sense of pressure.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:55 am
Phinfever 2013 Mock Champion

That's a funny post

Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:10 am
2012 NFL Pick 'Em Champ
2012 NFL Pick 'Em Champ

Really like point 4. I will say with all the off season spending I was a believer. I guess that takes me to point 1.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:30 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

DanRambo wrote:
As a coach he is has a great vision in a football team. He isn't the natural motivational speaker, and they bag on him for reading what the team did good on paper that looks like notes he took during the game..not a bad thing in my opinion. I write things down so I don't forget too.

Philbin is bagged on because he reads from cards that are prepared with Dawn Aponte.

"Aponte shadows Philbin during television interviews, radio interviews and press conferences. During one recent taping of Philbin's coaches' show, she stopped the taping to straighten the coach's tie.

The second-year coach meets with Aponte before every press conference and accepts advice on what to say to the media."

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... rylink=cpy

Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:05 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

The Dolphin Lover wrote:

:) :haha

Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:10 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

The Dolphin Lover wrote:
I don't get on here very much and, due to the loss yesterday, this probably isn't a good time to be browsing around here. Regardless, here are 10 of my thoughts:
1. I am really glad I'm not a Redskins fan. They share some of our issues and they also have some different issues. The bottom line is that they're not very good...and it comes down to having the players. Same with the Vikings around here--you should hear those fans. The list of bad teams could go on and on. There are only a handful of teams with content fans. Doesn't make it any easier as a fan of the Dolphins, but keeps things in perspective.
2. I don't question the Dolphins' effort. There have been some seasons where I've seen a lack of emotion and have even found myself jealous of the Jets in that category. I like the current players' efforts and enthusiasm. They appear to want to win.
3. Yes, changes have to be made on this team. It bugs me when I read that Sherman should go. He's a proven winner...when he has the players. Given the offensive line, it HAS to limit his play-calling. The running backs are decent, but not game-breakers. Tannehill is still young; have you noticed Andrew Luck struggling more than a little bit? RT needs time; he's a gamer.
4. On a much smaller scale, our fifth grade girls basketball coach is a genius when he has the tall girl who can rebound and one good shooter/ball handler. Nobody could be better than him. However, when he doesn't have those two talents, he's an awful coach and a change is necessary. Really??? No. Philbin and Sherman and Coyle must stay and more talented players are needed. The only position I feel comfortable with is QB and WR. A 5-6 record is par for this talent...but who isn't at least a little bit greedy??
6. If the Dolphins get rid of Sherman or Philbin or whoever, who is going to come in and put a champion team in Joe Robbie Stadium? Very easy to say somebody should be fired, but who is better than the people we have? Lovie Smith?? I just talked to a buddy who's a huge Bears fan and told him that a few Dolphin fans have mentioned his name. He laughed, shook his head, and said, "Bud, I don't want you to have to endure the agony Lovie Smith put us through."
7. Guarantee of the Week: Dolphins 27, NYJ 18. 6-6 and on the outside looking in.
8. Hope to see a lot of aqua and orange on TV in the Meadowlands this Sunday!!
9. Just proofread this post and totally realize how drab it really is...but I'm posting it anyway.
10. Ready to take your criticism...start typing!

Oh I don't think you'll get a lot of criticism. Just a lot of people on here waiting to see how a certain someone responds to number 5.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:20 am
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

jammer wrote:
Oh I don't think you'll get a lot of criticism. Just a lot of people on here waiting to see how a certain someone responds to number 5.

Lol even the mods are waiting to see this!

I appreciate your passion Dolphins Lover, but I can't at all agree with your coaching thoughts.

We have some talent on this team... it's not like we're completely talentless. Especially on defense.

I don't know what this team needs or who could turn it around. What I do know, is that the house needs to be cleaned. Starting with this Aponte dirt bag all the way down to the water boys... lets get fresh.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:01 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

IamPZ wrote:
I don't know what this team needs or who could turn it around.

Watch the 49ers offense from last night. Kaepernick basically scans his options, rolls right and hits his target. His threat of running throws the defense off. He's only asked to throw the ball 24 times and has 3 TD passes because he buys time with his legs. OC Roman doesn't abandon the run, even at points when it is stuffed or gaining minimal.

Now insert Miami's offense. Have Miller run straight at the pile to find the hole, not pretend he's Barry Sanders to create a circus run. Have Tannehill use play action rollouts to his right (resulted in 2 50+ yards completions on Sunday) and simply scramble to his right to either pick up yards or create broken plays. He can accurately hit those intermediate throws that open up.

You move the ball, you rund down the clock and you gas the opponent's defense. I'm not sure this can all be executed properly, but I think that is the blue print for Miami.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:15 am
Phinfever Radio Host/Blog Writer

Makchell wrote:

Completely uncalled for but not surprising.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:21 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Makchell wrote:

Well, at least Rich is usually right.

:fart:

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:10 am
Profile WWW

Just messing with you Rich, dang we need to lighten up around here.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:04 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The Dolphin Lover wrote:

I'm glad you could take time out of your day to show up randomly on this site and immediately turn your focus on me, not to mention sell us more hope like your run-of-the-mill snake oil salesman. I'll be looking forward to our future discussions and the inevitable tears you'll shed for me standing strong in my convictions/opinions.

"But but but he criticizes his own team! He's not a true fan" ..... say only the thinnest skinned, low IQ pumpers. You're doin' your populous of trolls proud.

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:07 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
Just messing with you Rich, dang we need to lighten up around here.

Forget that.

This site has a serious image problem. I remember not long ago Big Dave asking me to calm down some of the rhetoric and find more civil ways to discuss Dolphins football. I've done my part for over a year now. Yet some new turd shows up on the board immediately instigating and Dave just laughs.

It's ok though, since we're not big here on consistency I'll go ahead and say this new turd will inevitably get into arguments with other known egos on this site and eventually face enough wrath that his participation will exit stage left as quickly as it entered .... and after he blows into his breathalyzer, he'll peddle his tricycle over to another fan site to proclaim his "Ultimate Dolphins Fan" status.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:11 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rock Sexton wrote:
This site has a serious image problem.

The only image problem that this site has is that some people feel they are right and will argue several pages until they take it to the personal level. It seems that I have to tell the same people over and over to chill out.

You know, I used to give "sensitive" people a PMS award back in the day. I may have to bring it back.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:34 pm
Profile WWW

The only image problem that this site has is that some people feel they are right and will argue several pages until they take it to the personal level

Who are they? :haha

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:39 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

The only image problem that this site has is that some people feel they are right and will argue several pages until they take it to the personal level. It seems that I have to tell the same people over and over to chill out.

You know, I used to give "sensitive" people a PMS award back in the day. I may have to bring it back.

All that stuff IS an image problem Dave and clearly they don't listen to you. I mean how long we been talking about it on here? It's been the same crap for years. I'm sure mocking people with PMS awards will also be a constructive way to de-escalate the pervasive situation. That's like trying to put out a fire with gasoline.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:43 pm

Rock Sexton wrote:
I've done my part for over a year now.

Yeah.

Rock Sexton wrote:
swerve13 wrote:
he wasnt running full speed, usually it's the other way around.

You're crazy.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:46 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

Yeah.

Right on cue, casting his "Let's argue for pages on end" bait. Sorry Richie poo, not biting .....

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:50 pm

Yeah.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:52 pm

Rock Sexton wrote:
Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

Yeah.

Right on cue, casting his "Let's argue for pages on end" bait. Sorry Richie poo, not biting .....

Not baiting, just interesting to see you say you've done your part.

What, because you wait two posts to personally attack instead of doing it on the first one?

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:52 pm

Makchell wrote:
Yeah.

Yes, calling someone crazy for no reason in one thread and then claiming to be doing their part in another is just that.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:53 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:

No really, we're not having this discussion. Worry about yourself.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:54 pm

Yes, calling someone crazy for no reason in one thread and then claiming to be doing their part in another is just that.

What does this have to do with you?

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:56 pm

Rock Sexton wrote:
Rich wrote:

No really, we're not having this discussion. Worry about yourself.

You have the option to not respond. I'll be impressed if you choose it for once.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:56 pm

Makchell wrote:

What does this have to do with you?

I dunno, what did the original post in this thread have to do with me?

Nothing. But you still saw fit to bait me into it.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:57 pm

I was just clowning with you, sorry Martin.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:59 pm

Big Dave wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

:awe: :awe:

Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:30 pm

Makchell wrote:

I was just clowning with you, sorry Martin.

I still have your text message. :ohno

Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:33 pm

I still have your text message.

LMAO! That's what I'm talking about Rich!

Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:35 pm
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

Well it looks like Dave's usual suspects are back and causing havoc yet again!

lol <3 it

Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:51 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Makchell wrote:
I still have your text message.

LMAO! That's what I'm talking about Rich!

:haha

What I would really like is a forum full of guys clowning around with each other and creating relationships. Not to the extent of the Dolphins lockerroom, but you all know what I mean. In all reality I think a couple of the guys around here pee sitting down. Just sayin'.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:37 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I need a like button for some of these posts! But I hope Sherman is gone after this year, we cant win the second half of any game. I am still undecided about the others...

Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:34 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
What I would really like is a forum full of guys clowning around with each other and creating relationships. Not to the extent of the Dolphins lockerroom, but you all know what I mean.

I would like that more than anything, but that's not what's here. The feuds are so long-running they flare up quicker than your hemorrhoids. I mean I just sit and laugh, we've even got Kev and Swerve going at it relentlessly in every thread and these were two guys, who prior to this, I never thought would ever argue with each other.

Quote:
In all reality I think a couple of the guys around here pee sitting down. Just sayin'.

..... and in reality I think there are some on here who continue to treat this place as their private fraternity.

You're the site's owner. Set the tone.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:44 pm
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

MTMiamiFan wrote:
I need a like button for some of these posts! But I hope Sherman is gone after this year, we cant win the second half of any game. I am still undecided about the others...

I can't think of many games where the offense played consistently well throughout the game. I watch the offense with the feeling I'm waiting for something bad to happen but I'm just not sure what. I'm almost relieved when they walk off the field after running 5 or 6 plays and gaining 10yds. I can't watch Freddy Krueger kick another FG. Don't get me started on my feelings about Wallace on a skinny post. It makes me nauseous just thinking about it.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:27 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
What I would really like is a forum full of guys clowning around with each other and creating relationships. Not to the extent of the Dolphins lockerroom, but you all know what I mean.

I would like that more than anything, but that's not what's here. The feuds are so long-running they flare up quicker than your hemorrhoids. I mean I just sit and laugh, we've even got Kev and Swerve going at it relentlessly in every thread and these were two guys, who prior to this, I never thought would ever argue with each other.

Now why did you have to go there?

:war:

:grin:

Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:43 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Dave I think you set the right tone. Thanks for providing this forum for us fans to enjoy. It must be a labor of love, probably not enough money otherwise.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:09 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Big Dave wrote:

This is certainly worth aiming for imo. Too bad body language and tone can't be expressed on a forum like this one. We would probably all get along better if we were in the same place with each other.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next