View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 For all those saying the Dolphins disrespected JT... 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: For all those saying the Dolphins disrespected JT...
Quote:
I notice you didn't address the FACT that he agreed to wait til after the draft and then changed his mind.

Quote:
But that would ignore his theory that JT was raised by a wild herd of unicorns.

Quote:
Unicorns huh? I'm not the one living in a fantasy land where loyalty actually plays a role in the NFL.

Let's all make our points by being snotty to one another. It'll really drive home the "respect matters" argument. :fart:

Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:56 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

JT got 3.7 million. He made a great business decision. Miami would not have come close to that offer. Miami banked that JT would not leave Miami since its his home & his career is about done. They thought they would get him on the cheap since they did last year.

It backfired. Good luck to JT except in the games where they play Miami & then I hope he gets his head handed to him.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:59 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

But that would ignore his theory that JT was raised by a wild herd of unicorns. ELeaf: THAT was pretty darn funny!

Bottom line is Miami DID want him back when they offered JT a contract AND JT agreed to wait until after the draft to make a final decision.

The Jets offer stood for him and he chose to go ahead an sign now. His choice and right, but people shouldnt feel he wasnt offered to come back.

He chose to sign with the number one arch enemy, whatever, I wish him well, but hope Jake Long PANCAKE blocks him on national TV during our home opener!!!!!

I appreciate JT alot and all the great memories, but he is a freaking New York Jet...........

Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:46 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I'll fondly remember JT as a Fin. And one day his name may go on the ring of fame at the stadium.

But...
- He was offered an extension last year. A personal note from the Big Tuna himself. (A quick bit about skipping the middle man, which is what the agent is. Usually the service provider gets more $ and the buyer pays less $. A win win in most cases)
- He decided to wait till after the season.
- The fins asked if he would wait until after the draft, and he said yes.
- He changed his mind and took what the Jet's had offered.

So now I have no option other than to root for JT to end up as a smear on the bottom of Jake Long's shoe.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:47 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ

The more I look at this issue the more i find fault with JT.

You've slapped the regime in the face once, bulldozing your way out. When it appeared that you

A)Overrated Washington's chances for a playoff run and

B)Underrated Miami's ability to improve rapidly from the league cellar.

You then came back playing the contrite prodigal son, and THIS REGIME TOOK YOU BACK.

BP even came and made an offer to you personally, and you turned it down.

Then they stated that they would take it up again after the draft.

JT apparently has declined that as well, signing three days before the draft.

Hardball.

It failed him once, and now it will fail him again.

The more I look at this, the more JT seems mercenary. He wants his arse to get kissed, and the team to slam on the brakes and serve HIS needs at this time. BP and co. aren't willing to do that.

At this point in his career, with the kind of money the Jets offered him, I'm glad we didn't sign him back, and I was one of his biggest defenders during the whole DWTS fiasco.

The hell with drama and 'me me me'. JT wanted to push buttons, and ParSparLand isn't about players pushing the buttons.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2