View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Time for Dolphins to reinstate Richie Incognito 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Time for Dolphins to reinstate Richie Incognito
Quote:
Dave Hyde Sun Sentinel Columnist

7:59 p.m. EST, November 26, 2013

Richie Incognito doesn't deserve your cheers or your sympathy for the place his crude behavior, past and present, has landed him for nearly a month. But he deserves his job back.

Give him that. Incognito deserves reinstatement to the Dolphins when his suspension ends after Sunday's game, as NFL rules mandate he must be reinstated or released then. He deserves to hit the re-set button on his career, unless NFL investigator Ted Wells has a surprise before then.

When Jonathan Martin's camp released stories out of context to start this firestorm, and when Dolphins' management kept supporting Martin at every turn, Incognito came across as the biggest meathead in sports.

Maybe he still fits that label. But being a lout and being kept from working are two different ideas unless the Dolphins are going to act like they're coached by Mr. Manners again. ...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/fl-h ... 356.column

Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:46 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: Time for Dolphins to reinstate Richie Incognito
Right on. It took me a couple tries to read the article cuz that stupid Dolphins Cheerleader link is right in the middle (fyi it isn't really a top 100 cuz a few of the photos are duplicates. Laziness)

Anyway I like what he said about McKinnie. That guy has gotten his team mates into worse situations, in my opinion. He keeps on working and doing a fairly good job of it. I believe Richie deserves to keep on working because he didn't even break a law or existing NFL rule

Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:30 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

So I ran into Incognito tonight at a bar here in Scottsdale, AZ.

Didn't want to bug him too much, but told him I was a Dolphins fan and asked him if he was coming back. Sounded like an emphatic yes to me. Hope I heard him right.

I forgot he grew up around here ..... actually a little further east up in Mesa.

Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:11 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
So I ran into Incognito tonight at a bar here in Scottsdale, AZ.

Didn't want to bug him too much, but told him I was a Dolphins fan and asked him if he was coming back. Sounded like an emphatic yes to me. Hope I heard him right.

I forgot he grew up around here ..... actually a little further east up in Mesa.

Are you ok? Did he b u l l y you?

Why does the word b u l l y get autocorrected to bullcrap ?

Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:07 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

rodneyfaile wrote:
Are you ok? Did he b u l l y you?

Why does the word b u l l y get autocorrected to Bullcrap ?

The forum auto-language sensor is b***'ing you! LOL ..... it's because it starts with the word "bull" and has four more letters, just like a certain curse word.

Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:05 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I hope he comes back. Don't know what came about that investigation when he was questioned, but this whole mess is a bunch of nonsense. This is the guy's career we are talking about. Maybe he will be back for the game at Pittsburg.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:50 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

If he came back would Garner shift to RG or be benched?

We really only saw Incognito and McKinnie for a quarter of a game.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:10 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Quote:
The Miami Dolphins and Richie Incognito have reached an agreement that will keep the offensive lineman on the team past next week's deadline, according to ESPN and media reports.

Incognito's four-game suspension, which was to conclude Dec. 2, has been extended with pay, as first reported by the NFL Network, until the NFL completes its investigation into the Dolphins' workplace.

The agreement was made on Nov. 21, the day Incognito's grievance hearing was scheduled with the league and is the reason that he postponed the hearing, league sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

The agreement places a six-week cap on the length of Incognito's suspension and reduces his unpaid suspension to two games which totals $470,588, according to sources.

With the six-week cap on Incognito's suspension, independent arbitrator Ted Wells now has two more weeks to complete his investigation.

Information from ESPN Senior NFL Analyst Chris Mortensen was used in this report.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:16 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

It is looking more and more like Ross may not want this flea on his back by bringing Incognito back on the team.

Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:55 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

I don't think they can take him back after hearing about all of his other racial and sexual antics around the facility. It's a PR thing now. The team looks bad for allowing it all to go on under their watch.
If we lose today I think it should seal Ireland and Philbins' fate. That would make us 2-7 since September, enough reason to clean house.

Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]