View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Phins at Steelers 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Phins at Steelers
The Steelers are 3 point favorites, likely because they are at home and the Phins have not stringed together consecutive wins since starting 3-0. The Steelers are banged up after a physical game last Thursday at Baltimore. For the Steelers...........DE Brett Keisel is definitely out and three other players, tackle Kelvin Beachum (knee), guard David DeCastro (foot), and defensive tackle Steve McLendon (ankle) did not practice Wednesday. Surprisingly, RB Le'Veon Bell practiced in full Wednesday and will most likely play.

For the Phins, John Jerry suffered a concussion Sunday and is unlikely to play. On the encouraging side, Dimitri Patterson has been practicing, though limited, this week.

We seem to match up well against the Steelers, but we matched up well against the Bucs and the Bills. The Phins can't afford missed opportunities this week, the Steelers offense is not the Jets.

I say the Phins start of hot and hold off the Steelers in the 2nd half.

Phins 20, Steelers 16.

Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:55 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Phins at Steelers
shularino wrote:
The Steelers are 3 point favorites, likely because they are at home

The home team, regardless of talent, is given 3 pts on the line every match up...so yes, you're correct lol.

Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:12 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Weather for the game in the low 30's and a 60% chance of precipitation and wintry mix are the predictions.

This could play a part in how this all shakes out. Hopefully it is snow and not wet rain.

Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:15 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
shularino wrote:
The Steelers are 3 point favorites, likely because they are at home

The home team, regardless of talent, is given 3 pts on the line every match up...so yes, you're correct lol.

That's a generality and not an exact. The Steelers are 5-7 with only 2 of their 5 wins at home. The Dolphins are 6-6, with 3 of their 6 wins on the road. So I'm not sure the Steelers should strictly get 3 pts based on home field advantage. The same can be said for the Seahawks and the Eagles. The Seahawks are a a beast at home and are beatable on the road, thus I would think they would get more than 3 pt advantage for home field..................only 2 of the 7 of Eagles wins have been at home.......... so I'm not sure they get any points for home field.

Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:38 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I had a gut feeling that Wallace would finally get some deep passes hauled in versus Carolina, which of course was one of the least likely teams to do it against.

Gut feeling this weekend is that Wallace has his biggest game of the season. Hopefully I'm correct.

Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:58 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

jammer wrote:
I had a gut feeling that Wallace would finally get some deep passes hauled in versus Carolina, which of course was one of the least likely teams to do it against.

Gut feeling this weekend is that Wallace has his biggest game of the season. Hopefully I'm correct.

Thats what I like to hear, jammer!

Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:58 am
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Any chance Wallace sneaks onto the Return team this week.... I wouldnt usually recommend it, but seeing that he may be out to prove people wrong, do you think he might lobby for the opportunity?

Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:59 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Fields likely to be nasty. Been raining all day here.. Pitt too. Then sloppy Sunday. Yikes. Another ball stuck in the mud off the punt maybe? That field is terrible.

Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:26 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

The field is probably going to be an issue. Pittsburgh is supposed to have 4-6 inches of snow and sleet tonight. I'm going to the game on Sunday and I'm hoping I can get into the city with no issue. Saturday is looking clear, so it might be alright, but there is also more freezing rain coming on Sunday. Depending on the timing of it, it could be a wet game. It's probably still going to be a wet field.

Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:09 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

If I am tortured with another 3 to 0 game I will stab my own eyes out. That game, and field was awful.
Pretty much summed up the entire 1-15 season...close and sloppy.

I have a bad feeling about that field again. It will probably come down to filed position if it is that bad. Getting turnovers will be huge for each team as both D's (with help from the conditions) will be playing lights out.

I do not trust our crap kicker so you're better off just going for it on 4th, coach.

I suspect something like

Dolphins: 13
Steelers: 10

Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:37 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

The field is probably going to be an issue. Pittsburgh is supposed to have 4-6 inches of snow and sleet tonight. I'm going to the game on Sunday and I'm hoping I can get into the city with no issue. Saturday is looking clear, so it might be alright, but there is also more freezing rain coming on Sunday. Depending on the timing of it, it could be a wet game. It's probably still going to be a wet field.

Jessman, you live in the area and I don't but all the weather forecasts I read say the game will play around 29-30 degrees with a 70% chance of snow flurries.

My hope is this versus the wet field you are mentioning as that will really suck and at least if the temperature stays around freezing the wet muddy field has a better chance to be minimized.

Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:14 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

The problem is the amount of snow and whatnot they had yesterday. They have some river flood advisories. So unless the field has been covered keeping it from the snow, it's probably going to be wet still. The snow showers on Sunday are supposed to increase during the game until the snow/ice starts up in the evening. If it moves quicker, it'll hit during the game. Hopefully it'll hold off enough that it won't matter. But it could be a factor.

Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:20 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I also live relatively close. In Western MD. I can tell you it POORED yesterday here all day. I'm sure it was a mess up north. I hope they covered the field.

Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:54 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Shaun Suisham vs. Caleb Sturgis............with the weather conditions, the score is likely going to be close. Give a big edge to the Steelers kicker. Suisham is 24 of 26 this year, but his longest is only 48 yds. Sturgis has been under 70% since September including two missed kicks in short yardage.

Sturgis better be out there practicing.........Heinz Field has been one of the most difficult stadiums to kick in.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/67720/dolphins-cant-overlook-kicking-game

Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:57 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Final Injury Reports

"DAVIE, Fla. -- The Miami Dolphins (6-6) released their final injury report for Sunday’s game against the Pittsburgh Steelers (5-7), which will have plenty of playoff implications.

Here is the game status for Miami's injured players:

Out: CB Jamar Taylor (hamstring)

Questionable: CB Dimitri Patterson (groin), RB Daniel Thomas (ankle)

Probable: S Chris Clemons (knee, hamstring), QB Ryan Tannehill (thumb), G John Jerry (concussion), TE Michael Egnew (neck), LB Austin Spitler (knee)

Analysis: There were a couple surprises on Miami’s final injury report. Thomas didn’t practice much of the week but was limited on Friday. That was enough to provide a chance that he plays on Sunday, although I still think he will sit this game. Jerry also returned to practice Friday, which is a good sign. He’s expected to play as long as he passes concussion tests this weekend. Patterson is trying to make it back in time for Sunday but will be a game-time decision. For the Steelers, starting running back Le'Veon Bell is probable with a concussion."

For the Steelers (DE) Brett Keisel is out, (DE) Steve McLendon and (T) Kelvin Beachum are likely out

Wow.......there's a chance Thomas could play..........I thought he was out for the season. Jerry looks like he'll play and Patterson will be game day..............all in all, good news for the Phins.

Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:10 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

hypocritex wrote:
Fields likely to be nasty. Been raining all day here.. Pitt too. Then sloppy Sunday. Yikes. Another ball stuck in the mud off the punt maybe? That field is terrible.

Wind chill will be around 20 at kickoff. Weather not looking to favor Miami.

Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]