View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Tannehill 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Tannehill
I'd rather have him than many of the other early drafted QB's aside from maybe luck. I don't get why he is being hated on. He had a pretty good season.

Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:42 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Tannehill
Haha wrote:
I'd rather have him than many of the other early drafted QB's aside from maybe luck. I don't get why he is being hated on. He had a pretty good season.
Because he was not spot on today. He struggled. Of course the fact he struggled today means he sucks & needs to be cut.

Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:44 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

He's inconsistent and wins start with the QB in this league. When he plays well, we win. When he plays like crap, we lose. No he shouldn't be cut and yes I would take him over RG3 and Wilson as well. BUT, we need to draft a QB every year and see what happens. He needs work on the deep ball and pocket awareness. 7 points in 2 games is horrible.

Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:51 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Inconsistency comes a long with young QB's. I blame it more on the coaching. He was being coached by scrubs. He has the natural talent to be great. I also blame this o-line. With 58 sacks his numbers should have been way worse than what they are. When the o-line plays good, we win. I find that trend to be more true. I don't mean in pass protection. They got destroyed every game in the running game. EVERY GAME

Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:07 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Makchell wrote:
He's inconsistent and wins start with the QB in this league. When he plays well, we win. When he plays like crap, we lose. No he shouldn't be cut and yes I would take him over RG3 and Wilson as well. BUT, we need to draft a QB every year and see what happens. He needs work on the deep ball and pocket awareness. 7 points in 2 games is horrible.

That is a lot of blame to put on one man. No OL at all and a defense that cannot stop the run help contribute to the last 2 games of the year. He improved this year despite the fact that he was sacked 58 times, and hit just as many other times. He was indeed bad today, no sugar coating that.

He certainly needs to improve, and he and Mike Wallace need to spend a LOT of time together this off season. Their chemistry, or lack there of on the deep ball is killing Miami. I also would like to see him have a legitimate position coach and someone that will take advantage of his mobility.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:13 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Makchell wrote:

It would be nice to draft a qb every season until we have our guy which I still believe is Tannehill. Although considering we need 4 new lineman, plus a power back which is a huge hole for us, and a LB unless we move Jordan to LB to replace wheeler. I just dont think they should use one of our 6 picks, assuming the conditional pick for Mckinnie was for this draft.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:53 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Fact is, he did pretty well considering he was basically hammered into the ground every game. Jets game is probably the exception. He definitely needs to work all off season on his long ball, because those overthrows are game changing moments. Against the Jets it is a 14-0 lead and a totally different ball game.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:05 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

rtwelve1993 wrote:
Fact is, he did pretty well considering he was basically hammered into the ground every game. Jets game is probably the exception. He definitely needs to work all off season on his long ball, because those overthrows are game changing moments. Against the Jets it is a 14-0 lead and a totally different ball game.

Tannehill needs to work on his accuracy and his pocket awareness. But he did a decent job as a 2nd year QB with this crippled one dimensional offense. IMO Miami has to rebuild the o-line. It all starts in the trenches. 58 sacks and no effective ground game limit your options. He took a pounding this year. Miami was no threat to run the ball consistently this year. Especially in short yardage situations. Remember the Buc's game with 2 yards net rushing? Getting a different offensive coordinator will help things. But improving the run game and pass blocking is the primary issue Miami must solve.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:18 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I'd argue the fans should both be comfortable with Tannehill AND the notion of drafting another QB to compete. Its not an indictment on his play nor a sign that his time is up. Green Bay drafted Brian Brohm in the 2nd round of 08 which was the start of Rodgers' 4th season. Just hedge your bets, which a lot of teams do.

Tannehill is a good, young QB. He makes some sensational throws and has proven he can win the clutch. But he's not that guy, at least right now, where you can ask him to throw the ball 40+ times per game with a garbage o-line, no running game and an OC who makes questionable calls.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:37 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

phinsfansc wrote:
That is a lot of blame to put on one man. No OL at all and a defense that cannot stop the run help contribute to the last 2 games of the year. He improved this year despite the fact that he was sacked 58 times, and hit just as many other times. He was indeed bad today, no sugar coating that.

I'm with you there, Tone. For most of the season he played well even with him facing a fierce pass rush almost every play. With little running game and a pass happy OC, he was forced to carry this team in his 2nd year. Yesterday he played like Henne ... to be sure. Every QB has a bad day, and I think we could tell that his passes down the field were off on the first drive.

All that being said, he needs to improve on his pocket awareness. Right now he is focused on looking through his progressions. He is one tough QB, and that is the reason he isn't psychologically ruined by all the hits he's been taking. He took a big leap forward in performance, and that should have been good enough to get us into the playoffs.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:07 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

From NFL.com

Quote:
Ryan Tannehill lost confidence in OC Mike Sherman

Ryan Tannehill's struggles epitomized the Miami Dolphins' collapse in the final two weeks of the season.
Coaching Tracker
Who will join former Cleveland coach Rob Chudzinski on the firing line and who's safe? We track the latest news. More ...

As we discussed on the "Around The League Podcast," Tannehill missed numerous throws and appeared to regress with the season on the line.

Part of the issue might have been the second-year quarterback's waning faith in his offensive coordinator.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that Tannehill lost confidence in Mike Sherman, according to people who spoke to the quarterback.

Dolphins owner Stephen Ross said after Sunday's 20-7 loss the team is going to "look at everything" when it comes to offseason changes. Even if Ross brings back coach Joe Philbin and general manager Jeff Ireland, he could insist on other changes -- including moving on from Sherman.

Tannehill has shown big-time potential this season, but his last two games in particular have been terrible. He's had a 43 percent completion rate, averaged 143 yards (4.05 yards per completion) and tossed just one touchdown pass to three interceptions as the Dolphins crumbled with the playoffs in reach.

Sherman has been the center of fans' ire much of the season. He's been questioned on everything from his penchant for abandoning the running game to Tannehill's stunted progress. The latter might cost him his job.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:22 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Get rid of Sherman and watch this kid take off!

Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:36 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Tannehill is the best QB we have had in a while, but he needs to master the deep ball or the search will continue.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:39 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

rodneyfaile wrote:
Tannehill is the best QB we have had in a while, but he needs to master the deep ball or the search will continue.

or we need an OC that can master a game plan around what he does well.....

maybe a bit of both.. just saying

Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]