Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24763
Location: Miami, FL
Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero Free agent safety Louis Delmas visited the Dolphins today.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24763
Location: Miami, FL
Quote:
The Dolphins could lose safety Chris Clemons as a free agent, which would leave a hole in the secondary as Clemons has started the last 32 games for Miami. If Delmas did land with the Dolphins, he’d likely slot in next to Reshad Jones when the 2014 season gets underway


http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -dolphins/

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:27 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 574
That's a couple of safeties who would murder opponents coming across the middle...


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!

Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 1686
Location: Charlotte, NC
He suffered an MCL injury in 2011 that maybe degenerative...........he's since struggled to stay on the field. Not sure he can ever be what he was.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 5142
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
I would think with the weather that the rest of the country is having right now , everyone will be visiting the Dolphins.

_________________
GASE IS ON THE CASE!!! 2016 SB CHAMPIONS.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24763
Location: Miami, FL
shularino wrote:
He suffered an MCL injury in 2011 that maybe degenerative...........he's since struggled to stay on the field. Not sure he can ever be what he was.


He played in 16 games and took over 1000 snaps last year. He graded out well at his position, too. Seems to have recovered just fine.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:52 pm 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11243
Location: Lancaster, PA
This guy was a nice prospect when he entered the NFL draft.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:00 am 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
He's be an interesting replacement for Clemons. But I'm skeptical that he's an upgrade.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:35 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 12054
Location: Raleigh, NC
wkloiber13 wrote:
He's be an interesting replacement for Clemons. But I'm skeptical that he's an upgrade.


At this point in his career, I'm not sure if Delmas is an upgrade either. As far as injuries, he played about as many plays as Clemons did last year.

It is hard to say how well Clemons can play. He actually played better than Rashad Jones last year, but he was also in a contract year. Jones played outstanding in his contract year, but played poorly last year despite the Dolphins having the 4th best pass rushing efficiency in the NFL last year.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 5597
Location: Houston, Texas
One way or another Miami needs a ball hawking safety back there.

Clemons was steady, but not a play maker. Miami needs a few more game changers in the line up.

I just hope with having all these glaring needs and that Miami doesn't "settle" for medicore players.

If you do replace Clemons, set the bar higher with someone else.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!

Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 1686
Location: Charlotte, NC
Rich wrote:
shularino wrote:
He suffered an MCL injury in 2011 that maybe degenerative...........he's since struggled to stay on the field. Not sure he can ever be what he was.


He played in 16 games and took over 1000 snaps last year. He graded out well at his position, too. Seems to have recovered just fine.


He didn't recover just fine.........per the Detroit Free Press his preparation and play were extremely hindered by the knee injury........

"However, despite playing all 16 games in 2013, Delmas has a degenerative knee condition that limited him to one day of practice most weeks and impacted his performance in games."

I feel bad for the guy, he's a hell of a player, but we don't need to sign another Patterson.

Article....

http://www.freep.com/article/20140217/SPORTS01/302170098/detroit-lions-louis-delmas-pittsburgh-steelers


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:39 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Big Dave wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
He's be an interesting replacement for Clemons. But I'm skeptical that he's an upgrade.


At this point in his career, I'm not sure if Delmas is an upgrade either. As far as injuries, he played about as many plays as Clemons did last year.

It is hard to say how well Clemons can play. He actually played better than Rashad Jones last year, but he was also in a contract year. Jones played outstanding in his contract year, but played poorly last year despite the Dolphins having the 4th best pass rushing efficiency in the NFL last year.


I think Jones will have a bounce back season. I'm not too worried about his play slipping. I think he's a good player that will make plays for us this season. As far as Clemons, he fits squarely into that mediocre starter role. He's never going to make the Pro Bowl, but he's never going to get beaten out by somebody like Jimmy Wilson either. I hope the Dolphins re-sign him to a one or two year deal, and draft a safety in the 3rd or 4th round to develop behind him and hopefully replace him in a year or two.

My personal hope is that we re-sign Clemons and draft Craig Loston from LSU in the 3rd round. If you don't know who Loston is, you need to watch this:
http://youtu.be/OoYrn6nhdM4


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:36 pm 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11243
Location: Lancaster, PA
I f we had Loston I wouldnt want to pay Clemons anymore.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24763
Location: Miami, FL
shularino wrote:
Rich wrote:
shularino wrote:
He suffered an MCL injury in 2011 that maybe degenerative...........he's since struggled to stay on the field. Not sure he can ever be what he was.


He played in 16 games and took over 1000 snaps last year. He graded out well at his position, too. Seems to have recovered just fine.


He didn't recover just fine.........per the Detroit Free Press his preparation and play were extremely hindered by the knee injury........

"However, despite playing all 16 games in 2013, Delmas has a degenerative knee condition that limited him to one day of practice most weeks and impacted his performance in games."

I feel bad for the guy, he's a hell of a player, but we don't need to sign another Patterson.

Article....

http://www.freep.com/article/20140217/SPORTS01/302170098/detroit-lions-louis-delmas-pittsburgh-steelers


According to the data, he performed well on the field in coverage and against the run.

And he had an MCL sprain that he decided to treat with surgery and had a setback late in 2012, which impacted his ability to practice camp.

Again, he took over 1000 snaps... that's a lot if he has a degenerative knee issue.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 5597
Location: Houston, Texas
Rich, in your opinion would you jettison Clemons for Delmas?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24763
Location: Miami, FL
Finhead34 wrote:
Rich, in your opinion would you jettison Clemons for Delmas?


I would take the guy that costs less.

Clemons is a steadier player but Delmas makes more plays.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 5597
Location: Houston, Texas
I will keep going on unrelated questions Rich. IF you had the chance, would you trade either Wallace or Wake if you knew you were getting a 2nd round pick for each in return? I know their are cap ramifications too, so in the bigger picture would you do it?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:41 am 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
swerve13 wrote:
I f we had Loston I wouldnt want to pay Clemons anymore.


He's a stud player for sure. I love his aggressive playing style. Over the last five years our defensive backs have been anything but aggressive and its led to lousy tackling. You want a guy like this to set the tone and make the receivers start hearing footsteps. While it may cost you a penalty every two or three games, I think the physical tone it sets is well worth it. Pairing him up with Jones would give us an excellent safety duo.

I'd still re-sign Clemons just in case Loston isn't ready to start the season though. Clemons could start the season and give us a quality stop-gap until Loston has learned the defense and is ready to play.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24763
Location: Miami, FL
Finhead34 wrote:
I will keep going on unrelated questions Rich. IF you had the chance, would you trade either Wallace or Wake if you knew you were getting a 2nd round pick for each in return? I know their are cap ramifications too, so in the bigger picture would you do it?


No.

Only for a high first and only if I feel I can replace them with that 1st in the draft.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5510
Location: Columbia, SC
Buffalo will not put the franchise tag on Jarius Byrd. 27 years old and a difference maker, he and Reshad Jones would make a very nice duo.

Miami should know Byrd very well, as the Dolphins see him twice a year.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:41 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:50 am
Posts: 660
I also thought about Jarius Byrd but can we afford him at a time like this?

What I want to know is who do we Tag, and what the hell is Dion Jordan doing so wrong that they don't want him at LB. Vernon and Wake at DE's and Jordan playing Outside LB could be really something....


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5510
Location: Columbia, SC
DanRambo wrote:
I also thought about Jarius Byrd but can we afford him at a time like this?

What I want to know is who do we Tag, and what the hell is Dion Jordan doing so wrong that they don't want him at LB. Vernon and Wake at DE's and Jordan playing Outside LB could be really something....


Byrd will be pricey for sure. Cleveland will certainly be a team heavily involved, as his former DC is the new coach of the Browns. Cleveland also has more cap room than any team in the NFL.

Not sure what to make of these trade rumors. It does not make any sense to me at all.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:29 pm 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11243
Location: Lancaster, PA
Quote:
The Dolphins are reportedly "very interested" in free agent FS Louis Delmas.
Delmas -- a South Florida native -- visited Miami on Friday, but left without signing a deal. The impactful yet oft-injured safety has also drawn interest from the Falcons and Saints. He'd be an upgrade on free agent Chris Clemons and would provide stiff competition for Jimmy Wilson, who could be converted from a nickel corner to a safety.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:14 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:07 pm
Posts: 29
MNDolfan wrote:
That's a couple of safeties who would murder opponents coming across the middle...


Well... thats better than "bullying" them! LOL sorry I couldnt resist


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 3292
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
phinsfansc wrote:
Buffalo will not put the franchise tag on Jarius Byrd. 27 years old and a difference maker, he and Reshad Jones would make a very nice duo.

Miami should know Byrd very well, as the Dolphins see him twice a year.


If Miami cut Moore and Patterson, they'd free up $10m in cap. He would definitely be attainable.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:58 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:50 am
Posts: 660
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:
Buffalo will not put the franchise tag on Jarius Byrd. 27 years old and a difference maker, he and Reshad Jones would make a very nice duo.

Miami should know Byrd very well, as the Dolphins see him twice a year.


If Miami cut Moore and Patterson, they'd free up $10m in cap. He would definitely be attainable.



That would only leave us with Pat Devlin for the time being....not a very smart move in my eyes for this year.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 3292
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
DanRambo wrote:
That would only leave us with Pat Devlin for the time being....not a very smart move in my eyes for this year.


If Tannehill goes down, we put Moore in the position to win us a meaningless 2 more games, and push us further down the 1st round? That's how I look at it, this team is not competing for anything special with Tannehill not behind center.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:14 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:50 am
Posts: 660
What if an injury were to happen in say a week 4 or 5 scenario that lasts 4 or 5 weeks if not longer?


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24763
Location: Miami, FL
I'll take the playmaking safety over the back up QB. I know it is a risk, but as with anything in life, there are pros and cons.

_________________
Image


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r