All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 5606
Location: Houston, Texas
Quote:

When we drafted Jordan, nobody expected Olivier Vernon to develop like he did. My concern is [Jordan] will have struggles playing against bigger tackles. If you play him at linebacker, he has far more range and speed and explosiveness than Misi. But Koa is more consistent and steady. Jordan gives you great flexibility because he can cover and rush the passer. This is a huge offseason for him.


Koa Misi is the guy that Jordan needs to move ahead of on the depth chart.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 3318
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Dphins4me wrote:
NFL History is full of unmotivated players in bad situation moving to a new team & producing.


NFL history is even more full of the opposite, where the situation doesn't pan out in a positive way.



Dphins4me wrote:
Britt would be the most talented WR on the roster in Miami.


Delusional.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 5606
Location: Houston, Texas
Quote:
Delusional.


I Think what he means is that Britt "could be" one of the more talented wide outs if he were to play for Miami, but as he put it through reading his full comment, it IS a gamble because of Britt's problems and recovering from ACL surgery. No question though that he has been a beast on the field when healthy and productive.

I think though he would need to disprove a lot of past character issues for this Miami Dolphins team to take a flyer on him and more so because of all the negative character issues portrayed (whether true or false) on this team.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6505
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
NFL history is even more full of the opposite, where the situation doesn't pan out in a positive way.
Sure, its why I said it would be a gamble. What you are disagreeing with I'm really not sure.

NFL teams gamble on players every yr. NE took a chance of Aqib Talib & he has been a stud in NE.


AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
Britt would be the most talented WR on the roster in Miami.

Delusional.
Nice soundbite. Substance would help.

Based on pure talent, he would be head & shoulders above any Wr Miami has.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!

Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 1686
Location: Charlotte, NC
Does anyone really see us taking a WR in the first 3 rounds............and no, we are not taking a cap hit of $17+M to trade Wallace. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't select a WR in the entire draft........this draft will be concentrated on O-line, LB, RB and maybe DT & TE.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:12 pm 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11400
Location: Lancaster, PA
We need linemen, a defensive tackle and a runningback badly, and then probably a safety.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6505
shularino wrote:
Does anyone really see us taking a WR in the first 3 rounds............and no, we are not taking a cap hit of $17+M to trade Wallace. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't select a WR in the entire draft........this draft will be concentrated on O-line, LB, RB and maybe DT & TE.

If a talented one is there in the mid rds. like Donte Moncrief then grab him. Hartline will be a cap casualty next yr unless he starts producing more TDs.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6505
Finhead34 wrote:
I Think what he means is that Britt "could be" one of the more talented wide outs if he were to play for Miami, but as he put it through reading his full comment, it IS a gamble because of Britt's problems and recovering from ACL surgery. No question though that he has been a beast on the field when healthy and productive.

Britt is a No. 1 Wr. type talent. Miami does not have that now. Wallace is a great No. 2, but he is not a dependable I know he will make the catch type Wr. IMO


Finhead34 wrote:
I think though he would need to disprove a lot of past character issues for this Miami Dolphins team to take a flyer on him and more so because of all the negative character issues portrayed (whether true or false) on this team.

I do not recall him getting into trouble the past couple of yrs so maybe it is behind him.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 5606
Location: Houston, Texas
Quote:
Britt is no stranger to trouble since the Titans drafted him in the first round in 2009:

His list of problems have included:

• Outstanding traffic warrrants for false statements on his driver's license application.

• Ticket for driving without a license.

• Lawsuit over his alleged role in a Nashville bar fight.

• Arrest after a car chase.

DUI

• Charges for resisting arrest after police confronted him over what they thought was marijuana possession.


But yes, this has been a couple of years ago,


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 3318
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Dphins4me wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
NFL history is even more full of the opposite, where the situation doesn't pan out in a positive way.
Sure, its why I said it would be a gamble. What you are disagreeing with I'm really not sure.

NFL teams gamble on players every yr. NE took a chance of Aqib Talib & he has been a stud in NE.


AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
Britt would be the most talented WR on the roster in Miami.

Delusional.
Nice soundbite. Substance would help.

Based on pure talent, he would be head & shoulders above any Wr Miami has.


I didn't mean any disrespect by it, and to touch on Talib being a "stud" in NE...lol I'm guessing you have been listening to ESPN and forming their opinions into your own. Watch the actual tape, the guy is an average corner in this league.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:06 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:50 am
Posts: 683
I agree on the only way I see us trading Wake is if we get an offer we can't refuse, thus putting Jordan at his spot with Shelby coming in every so often.

I really believe that the "Master Plan" mentioned something about Jordan playing opposite Wake, then Vernon started dominating, and at that point the staff just had to make the choice to stick with him over putting Jordan in. Tough call, really. Scrutiny either way.

Getting a receiver is obviously not the most important thing in the draft...we all know our starters...we all know we need linemen..but the thing is how many vet linemen do we sign and how many do we draft? That potentially, will change who we draft and when.

If we don't re-sign Starks or Soliai that adds a whole different level of plans. Another question I have is who do we potentially use the Tag on? The whole Grimes situation and Chris Clemons being a FA are going to be interesting. I know Philbin has said he likes Chris Clemons..wonder if it's enough to get tagged lol.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6505
AFCMiamiEast wrote:

I didn't mean any disrespect by it, and to touch on Talib being a "stud" in NE...lol I'm guessing you have been listening to ESPN and forming their opinions into your own. Watch the actual tape, the guy is an average corner in this league.

Let me help you follow this along

You disrespected me, then said I did not mean any disrespect, then turned around in the same post & do it worse. :hithead:


Last edited by Dphins4me on Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 3318
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Dphins4me wrote:
You disrespected me, then said I'm did not mean any disrespect, then turned around in the same post & do it worse. :hithead:


Lol, wow. If that's what you call "disrespect", why even go on a forum to debate football? PF may have its own Incognito-Martin crisis on its hands.

:)

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6505
AFCMiamiEast wrote:

Lol, wow. If that's what you call "disrespect", why even go on a forum to debate football? PF may have its own Incognito-Martin crisis on its hands.


:hithead: Coming from someone that whined about my reply the other day after starting it LMAO. Priceless

My point in all this. Be a man & if you are going to do it. Do it & own it. Just do not be spineless & try to do it under the disguise of not doing it.

I could not care less what you post or how you post it. I've had back & forths with posters who are much better & smarter at insulting than you will ever dream of being. You are trying to play in the majors, when you have yet to get out of the rookie league.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 3318
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Dphins4me wrote:
I could not care less what you post or how you post it. I've had back & forths with posters who are much better & smarter at insulting than you will ever dream of being. You are trying to play in the majors, when you have yet to get out of the rookie league.


Dude, I got under your skin without even remotely trying. Does the "D" in your name stand for "Delusional"? Geez, this guy lmao.

Dphins4me wrote:
My point in all this. Be a man & if you are going to do it. Do it & own it. Just do not be spineless & try to do it under the disguise of not doing it.


All of this drama is just because of this quote?

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
I didn't mean any disrespect by it, and to touch on Talib being a "stud" in NE...lol I'm guessing you have been listening to ESPN and forming their opinions into your own. Watch the actual tape, the guy is an average corner in this league.


That's called debating football, if you actually want to do that and no cause completely unnecessary, out of the blue drama then I'm done replying in regards to this. I went out of my way and said I meant no disrespect by it, so lets leave it at that.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:19 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:50 am
Posts: 683
Talib is good because he carries decent speed with a big frame. I'd rather have a healthy Dimitri Patterson playing like he did before the downfall last year. I was so excited to see a Miami corner actually jump a route and make the pic!!!!!!!!!


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6505
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Dude, I got under your skin without even remotely trying. Does the "D" in your name stand for "Delusional"? Geez, this guy lmao.
Humorous that you actually believe you are under my skin. Too funny. Kev tried for years to get under my skin & he couldn't & he is better than you.

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
All of this drama is just because of this quote?
The only drama is coming from you. I just simply pointed out the ignorance in your comment.

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
That's called debating football,
Actually its not. Since you did not debate anything. All you did is insult what I said without putting forth anything to back up your opinion. Debating means actually knowing something about the subject, which is something you are lacking

I get why some posters say the things they do in reference to you.

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
if you actually want to do that and no cause completely unnecessary, out of the blue drama then I'm done replying in regards to this. I went out of my way and said I meant no disrespect by it, so lets leave it at that.
Your no disrepect would be about as good as me saying to you Bless your heart. You do not know you are a dumbarse. No disrespect though.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 5606
Location: Houston, Texas
Guys, just bury the hatchet, it is an online fan forum. Try and remember that as it is all good among us Dolphin die hards.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:54 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8256
Take it to PM guys, seriously, this crap is getting on our nerves.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:39 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 12199
Location: Raleigh, NC
Makchell wrote:
Take it to PM guys, seriously, this crap is getting on our nerves.


No kidding. I can't believe this went back and forth like a soap opera. When it gets to a certain point, go to PM. I don't have a forum psychologist here to work out the problems.

:haha

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 4754
Location: MA.
must be everyone else


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:10 pm 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11400
Location: Lancaster, PA
Kev1321 wrote:
must be everyone else


and this is exactly what was needed. :hithead:


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6505
swerve13 wrote:
Kev1321 wrote:
must be everyone else


and this is exactly what was needed. :hithead:

I now know how the ring felt in Lord of the Rings. My precious.


Last edited by Dphins4me on Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24899
Location: Miami, FL
Is Load of the Rings an adult spin off or something???

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:03 pm 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11400
Location: Lancaster, PA
Rich wrote:
Is Load of the Rings an adult spin off or something???


:) :) :) :)


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6505
Rich wrote:
Is Load of the Rings an adult spin off or something???

:haha. Should not post from a phone. I' m still laughing on that one


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: NFLJunkie and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r