View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Rodger Saffold fails Oakland physical 
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Rodger Saffold fails Oakland physical
This from Rotoworld.com.

Ex-Rams G/T Rodger Saffold has failed his physical with the Raiders, voiding his five-year, $42.5 million contract.
He's once again a free agent. It's to the point where we just feel bad for Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie, who is simply out of his depth. Valuing Saffold more, the Raiders let perfectly fine in-house option Jared Veldheer walk. Now they have neither player, and a titanic hole on Terrelle Pryor/Matt McGloin/Unsigned Free Agent's blindside. As for Saffold, it wasn't exactly a secret that his health was a question mark. He's missed 17 games over the past three seasons, battling a litany of injuries. More versatile than effective, he'll go back to shopping his wares as a guard who can play tackle. It's quite possible he'll end up back with the Rams on a bargain deal. The Raiders are going to be historically bad in 2014.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:26 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Rodger Saffold fails Oakland physical
Well that was fast. He just re-signed with St Louis for a 5 year deal.

WTF? Um, time for someone in the Oakland organization to send out an SOS.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:34 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

jammer wrote:
Um, time for someone in the Oakland organization to send out an SOS.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:38 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

WOW.....Rams really needed Saffold back, so I don't know how stunning this is. Apparently they have no concerns about the shoulder the way the Raiders did.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:46 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

That would be Pryor calling out to the football that was just batted out of his hands for the 15th time in the 1st lol

Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:46 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

phinsfansc wrote:
WOW.....Rams really needed Saffold back, so I don't know how stunning this is. Apparently they have no concerns about the shoulder the way the Raiders did.

Either the Raiders make a major play for Anthony Collins (who I don't think officially signed in TB), give Bryant McKinnie a 1 year shot, or they become the favorites to draft Robinson/Matthews.

Just remember that when being a Dolphins fan has you screaming in agony it is still better than being a Raiders fan.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:49 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

What an odd circumstance

I'm just guessing here but maybe the Raiders realized they made a mistake when they over payed for Saffold, then told the doctor to come up with something to save themselves.

After that its even more difficult to imagine. "Uh Hello Rams? Yea its me Rodger. It only took me a couple hours to realize Oakland sucks. You guys still want me? Okay great. Fax my agent the deal & I'll see ya in camp."

Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:29 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Ritchie Incognito <----- Perfect bad boy for a Raider's outfit. He can aslo drive up the coast to see his buddy Martin

Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:28 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

jammer wrote:
member that when being a Dolphins fan has you screaming in agony it is still better than being a Raiders fan.

A guy called into the afternoon show on nfl the other day and had a great rant. Basically said how when Davis passed they all felt relieved as it could only get better. And now its worse... The radio host really had nothing to come back with, didnt bash the Raiders, but surely did not defend them either...

Man its bad out there.. And they are sitting on a ton of money to spend, really makes no sense at this point unless they have some trades lined up..

NFLJunkie wrote:
Ritchie Incognito <----- Perfect bad boy for a Raider's outfit. He can aslo drive up the coast to see his buddy Martin

I think he would be a great fit in Oak, after he is released from the psych ward of course lol...

Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:13 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

10acjed wrote:
jammer wrote:
member that when being a Dolphins fan has you screaming in agony it is still better than being a Raiders fan.

A guy called into the afternoon show on nfl the other day and had a great rant. Basically said how when Davis passed they all felt relieved as it could only get better. And now its worse... The radio host really had nothing to come back with, didnt bash the Raiders, but surely did not defend them either...

Man its bad out there.. And they are sitting on a ton of money to spend, really makes no sense at this point unless they have some trades lined up..

NFLJunkie wrote:

I think he would be a great fit in Oak, after he is released from the psych ward of course lol...

I know this isn't about the Phins but look at how Aponte is doing work and imagine 60 mill in her lap and how she could maneuver that with this location. Now look at what the Raiders are doing and think how much better off we are then they are

Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]