View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Eric Decker signs with the Jets 
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Eric Decker signs with the Jets
From Profootballtalk.com.......

Former Broncos receiver Eric Decker will have at least eight chances per year to make better memories than the ones he carried out of MetLife Stadium after Super Bowl XLVIII.

The Jets have announced that Decker, the No. 9 player on the updated PFT Free Agent Hot 100, has agreed to terms with the team.

He moves from a franchise that featured Peyton Manning at quarterback to a team trying to find its way with Geno Smith — and apparently hoping that a veteran quarterback will join the roster in an effort to push Smith. Decker also moves to New York City, a place where he can expand on an off-field earnings portfolio that already includes a reality TV show with his wife.

Regarded as a No. 2 receiver, Decker becomes the No. 1 wideout by default in New York, given the recent release of Santonio Holmes. Regardless of Decker’s spot on the depth chart, he’ll surely be running more routes that don’t end in passes hitting his hands in 2014.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:45 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Post Re: Eric Decker signs with the Jets
I'm actually kind of happy about this. I don't think hes that good. & they don't have the capacity to use WRs enough any way

Hey jets! Excellent choice to pay Santonio Holmes! Hows things working out with Clyde Gates? Well keep it at! OH, & btw, Ted Ginn's available too

Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:48 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

He's a #2. It a huge plus to play with the talent he played with at Denver. I think the Jets could be going after James Jones as well.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:50 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Winning...Who cares?
Being part of a first class organization... why?

Show me the money baby. I'm a Jet now!!!

Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:02 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

He would have been much better off in Indy. Dumb decision on his part.

Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:13 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

If Brian Hartline had Peyton Manning he would have put up Decker like numbers too.

Decker is a very "good" receiver, but he is no dominant one. However, glad he isn't catching passes from Brady!

Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:35 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Nice for both sides but nothing that should scare us at all

Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:54 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

seeing one of my favorite Gophers go to the Jets makes me die a little on the inside.

oh well, he'll hit the curse. TV show in New York, play like poop, get ran out of town.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:17 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Finhead34 wrote:
If Brian Hartline had Peyton Manning he would have put up Decker like numbers too.

Decker is a very "good" receiver, but he is no dominant one. However, glad he isn't catching passes from Brady!

Yeah I think they are both good WR's, while Manning is the guy who makes Denver lethal, if you watch Deckers highlights he has made some tough catches in tight cover. He als does not go down easy.
They are physical guys for sure.. What value is really dependent on how you view players. If the top guys like megatron and fitz are 1's, then these guys are clearly 2's

Seems the going rate for this type of WR was set by Hartline last year as well...

Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:47 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I agree and really Decker is very good and even though I cannot even argue against the fact that he has found the end zone way more than Hartline, they are both very good #2 type receivers and I hope that Lazor finds ways to open the offense up even more and Hartline's numbers go up.

Decker does make the tough catches and is a red zone tough receiver. Hartline runs excellent routes, always gets open and IF he were to be catching passes from Peyton Manning you would have to think he would certainly out do his production as most receivers look "better" with a HOF QB.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:58 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I was actually hoping to see us have some action in the WR area. I am not so confident in what we have, IMO we are weak due to lack of any depth.
As it stands we have Wallace, Hartline, Matthews and Gibson. Gibson coming off a season ending injury, and Hartline was battling leg issues. His injury from high school may be starting to catch up to him, and realistically the way his contract was structured I assumed he would be released unless he agrees to a restructure after this year. He is a 6 mil hit in 2014, then 7 mil a season for the next 3..

We just are not going to find a much cheaper option to play WR, the top guys signed so far a getting in the range of 5 - 7 mil..

Nicks, Holmes, Jones, Smith, Britt etc are all still out there. Among many others..

Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]