View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Anyone else notice.... 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Anyone else notice....
McClain is one of the most reliable beat writers in the game. Hope he's right on this one.

Quote:
John McClain of the Houston Chronicle projects the Texans to use the No. 1 overall pick on Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel.
Mock drafts can almost always be crumpled up and thrown away as garbage. But this projection is notable because McClain is nationally respected and plugged in to all things Texans. He continues to be staunch in his belief that the team will be taking a quarterback at No. 1 overall despite the recent push for South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney

-Rotoworld

Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:41 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rumor to get another team antsy to trade up?

Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:16 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

jammer wrote:

It's not a rumor Jammer, it's his prediction. He doesn't work for the team. He's just Houston's top beat reporter.

Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:47 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

swerve13 wrote:
jammer wrote:

It's not a rumor Jammer, it's his prediction. He doesn't work for the team. He's just Houston's top beat reporter.

I get that, but he's obviously being fed information by a team source and Houston has mentioned they are open to trading the pick. I'm just suggesting Houston is providing him the information to make him come to this conclusion, and it could possibly be calculated on their part to stir up trade interest.

Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:32 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

I dont care how dominant Clowney can be , with the rookie scale & with Houston giving up on Schaub who I think is still a good QB who had an awful year , with the #1 overall & with this QB class of Manziel , Bridgewater , Bortels , etc .... you try to stabilize the franchise for years to come & take a QB. Its still a QB driven league.

Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:44 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I agree they should take a quarterback. They already had the best defensive player in the league and still only won 2 games. Quarterbacks are more responsible for wins than any other position.
All these crap teams should be thinking the same way. If we were picking top 8 I would want Bortles, Bridgewater or Manziel.

Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:16 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I still think Bridgewater is the best quarterback in this draft.

Quote:
Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater passed the seven metric "Parcells Rules" and amassed an elite 0.6 percent bad decision rate against BCS opponents, ESPN's KC Joyner writes.
Technically, Bridgewater fell short in one criteria, because he bolted school after his junior year, but Bill Parcells himself ruled that Teddy B gets a free pass because he graduated in December. Joyner's research showed that Bridgewater made zero mistakes on passes thrown 10 or fewer yards downfield, and a spectacular 1.8 percent BDR on vertical passes (slightly worse than Andrew Luck's rate, and much better than Robert Griffin III and Cam Newton). "History shows players of this caliber are very rare, and that scarcity should make Bridgewater one of the top picks in the 2014 NFL draft," Joyner writes in summation of the in-depth study. "If he slides down the board at all, he could develop into one of this year's draft steals."

Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:35 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
Quick, name a team that heads into the 2014 NFL Draft with a need at quarterback. Bet it didn't take too long before the Jacksonville Jaguars came up. The team is primed to add an elite player this year by picking third overall in the draft, and while some are thinking the Jaguars will go with somebody like linebacker Khalil Mack or even receiver Sammy Watkins, there could be a wild card the club goes with in order to find a quarterback of the future.

"I'm going to go with Johnny Manziel at that spot," NFL Media analyst Charles Davis said on Tuesday's "Path to the Draft." "Go ahead and take a guy they think can play, which we all believe is the case with Johnny Manziel. Couple that with boosting this city's excitement level -- ticket sales, jerseys, people coming out to watch this team play."
Opinions might be split on Manziel's NFL future, but he received a ton of praise after an impressive pro day last month. Manziel is analyst Mike Mayock's top quarterback in the draft and it appears that teams are very much coming around on the Heisman Trophy winner's potential.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... -perfectly

Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:10 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

swerve13 wrote:
I still think Bridgewater is the best quarterback in this draft.

Quote:
Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater passed the seven metric "Parcells Rules" and amassed an elite 0.6 percent bad decision rate against BCS opponents, ESPN's KC Joyner writes.
Technically, Bridgewater fell short in one criteria, because he bolted school after his junior year, but Bill Parcells himself ruled that Teddy B gets a free pass because he graduated in December. Joyner's research showed that Bridgewater made zero mistakes on passes thrown 10 or fewer yards downfield, and a spectacular 1.8 percent BDR on vertical passes (slightly worse than Andrew Luck's rate, and much better than Robert Griffin III and Cam Newton). "History shows players of this caliber are very rare, and that scarcity should make Bridgewater one of the top picks in the 2014 NFL draft," Joyner writes in summation of the in-depth study. "If he slides down the board at all, he could develop into one of this year's draft steals."

I guess I have been influenced by some of the opinions in the media here, but I see a kid that looks too small for an NFL QB; not just short, but thin. He's got small hands and not the strongest arm. I don't know if he can translate to the NFL, or will hold up physically.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:03 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

We're now just 25 days away from draft day. Right now it's a tough draft to get a read on. Trying to figure where all these quarterbacks will fall. I very well could lose the Manziel bet I have going with Rich, anything can happen.... But it looks like it would be an upset if I do end up losing. Just checked the updated draft analyst mock drafts at NFL.com and CBS sports this morning and the overwhelming majority (10 out of 12 analysts) had Manziel going in the top 5.
3 of them to the Jaguars, 2 for Cleveland and 5 had him going to the Raiders. Hope they know something we don't!

Last week when I checked it was only 6 of the 12 mocks that had him in the top 5.

Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:14 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I just saw the draft is in May. I guess the NFL wants us to watch something once a month...lol

Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:35 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:
I just saw the draft is in May. I guess the NFL wants us to watch something once a month...lol

It really is annoying how they stretch everything. The overdone pre draft analysis on the NFL Network will be replaced by overdone draft grades and analysis throughout the month of May and early June.

Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:56 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Makchell wrote:

It is definitely frustrating to the fans. It has to be just for the NFL calendar to stretch things out each month as the teams pretty much all ready know who they are going to draft at this point.

Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:51 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I'll be honest, I can't listen to anymore team needs or draft prospects. It's all hot air since half of them are busts anyway. I remember I use to love hearing about the NFL and the combine, now it's 24/7.

Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:05 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
I'll be honest, I can't listen to anymore team needs or draft prospects. It's all hot air since half of them are busts anyway. I remember I use to love hearing about the NFL and the combine, now it's 24/7.

There's just an over-abundance of coverage is it inevitably works against the players and our expectations.

Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:58 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Manziel will be a good QB, mark it down.

He's the best QB Texas A&M had, I hope he does well.

d-1

Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:40 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Wow, out of nowhere talk of the rams thinkin about taking manziel and trading bradford

Thu May 01, 2014 5:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2