View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 50 Miami Dolphin Mocks (Phinfever) 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

50 Miami Dolphin Mocks (Phinfever)
Phinfever Mock Database

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:54 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: 50 Miami Dolphin Mocks (Phinfever)
Calvin Pryor is a name I'm seeing brought up more lately.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:20 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

jammer wrote:

Mel Kiper started it. I just don't see it, although it does seem to take our draft picks one year before there is a chance they can start. One thing I will say is that Rashad Jones had to move up to support the run last year and his game suffered from it.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:25 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Big Dave wrote:
jammer wrote:

Mel Kiper started it. I just don't see it, although it does seem to take our draft picks one year before there is a chance they can start. One thing I will say is that Rashad Jones had to move up to support the run last year and his game suffered from it.

Pryor is a pretty talented guy and could be better than Delmas. I guess a lot depends on what they think of Jones and if he is a future cap casualty (Ireland guy).

Problem with guessing what Miami will do is that so much could change the course of the draft for them. If they were picking 12th again I'd say it would be easier to target a player or move up for a guy. But with the questionable QB prospects, teams in front of them desperately needing o-line help and our not having a clue about Hickey's tendencies it seems a lot could be possible.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:04 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Big Dave wrote:
jammer wrote:

I dont see greatness with Pryor and now I have realized this, if you want to draft a safety in the first I want the scenario of my team to be 1 of 3 things. 1. We have ELITE pass rushers that allows the safeties and cbs to basically just press and roam to make plays pretty easily and the d coordinator can control the game. 2. I have 2 STUD cbs who will allow the safeties to just go out and be playmakers by the fact that they dont have to think so much. 3. He's just a darn beast like Earl Thomas coming out. If not I will wait on a safety like Reshad Jones was for us because you can find them later

Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:59 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Pryor's the guy to look for if we move back in the first...........if we stay put, it's Mosely, if he's not there, then Martin...........if both are gone, try to move back and get Pryor. I'd be fine with him at 19, but that takes Chris Borland out of the equation in the 2nd...........we'll almost have to go O Line there.

Delmas is playing on borrowed time and Jones didn't impress last year........getting a top tier safety is a big plus.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:14 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

What do you all think about the 4 out of the 50 that mocked a DT for us. There were 4 that mocked CJ Mosely as well. Would we draft a DT in the first round?

Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:56 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Big Dave wrote:
What do you all think about the 4 out of the 50 that mocked a DT for us. There were 4 that mocked CJ Mosely as well. Would we draft a DT in the first round?

I'm not sure Dave. If somehow Aaron Donald or Tim Jernigan were to be there for consideration, it would be interesting. The most disruptive way to bother a QB like Peyton Manning or Tom Brady is not off the edge, but up the middle. If you have DT that can generate interior pass rush, that would be HUGE.

I did have DT mocked in my draft for the Dolphins, but obviously not in the 1st round.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:45 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

phinsfansc wrote:
If somehow Aaron Donald or Tim Jernigan were to be there for consideration, it would be interesting. The most disruptive way to bother a QB like Peyton Manning or Tom Brady is not off the edge, but up the middle. If you have DT that can generate interior pass rush, that would be HUGE.

I think the last DT the Dolphins had that could get to the quarterback was Lorenzo Bromell when he had 8 sacks his rookie year. He wasn't great against the run and ended up being lazy and never developed. Also, he was more of a DE but Jimmah Johnson used him at DT in passing situations.

I can't wait to see the 2nd half of your mock this weekend. It should be very interesting.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:05 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Big Dave wrote:

If there's a must in this draft, we need at least one probably two starting linemen. The question is do we think we can get those players later in the draft. Mosely's the one guy that may drop to 19, that you take, and then hit on OL in the later rounds. Unless we move back in the draft, I don't see us taking a DT in the first.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:19 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

defensive tackle would be a waste in round 1.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]