View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Ryan Tannehill: I need to make a big jump this year 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Ryan Tannehill: I need to make a big jump this year
I think he can take the next step, but it all starts with protection. If he can get better touch on his deep passes then it will definitely take a big step forward.

PFT" wrote:
Ryan Tannehill: I need to make a big jump this year
Posted by Michael David Smith

Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill hasn’t been bad in his first two seasons in the NFL, but he hasn’t shown the flashes of greatness that young quarterbacks like Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson, Robert Griffin III, Cam Newton and Colin Kaepernick have shown. Tannehill says this is the year he plans to do it.

Tannehill has completed 59.4 percent of his passes, with 36 touchdowns and 30 interceptions, for a passer rating of 79.1. He wants to be a lot better than that this year.

“It’s huge. I have to make a big jump, I’m aware of that,” Tannehill told ESPN. “I’m putting in the work, putting in the time to get myself physically ready, mentally ready and learn this new offense that we’re going with this year. So there is still work to be done.”

And, of course, Tannehill wants the Dolphins to have better records than the 7-9 and 8-8 marks they’ve had in his two seasons.

“I look for a big jump in myself, both in production and wins. That’s what we ultimately play for is wins. So, I’m excited to see what this team does,” Tannehill said.

The Dolphins need to get better on defense and special teams, too, so there’s only so much Tannehill can do to ensure that they win more games this year. But he can control his own play. And he says his play is going to get better.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... this-year/

Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:30 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: Ryan Tannehill: I need to make a big jump this year
I am hoping the changes will help him grow and learn more about the game and his abilities.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:35 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

If Miami can improve the line play, I think you will see a nice jump in Ryan game. When Miami got off to the 4-0 start, he was really playing well.

I think the continued hits and sacks along with some regression in his play hurt. Another year with Wallace will help as well.

This is a big year for Ryan, no doubt.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:50 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I think he knew that Sherman was holding him back from ever reaching his potential.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:23 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I'd feel alot better about Tanny, if it wasn't for those last two games.............uggghhh........

OPP.......RESULT.....CMP...ATT.....YDS......CMP%......AVG.......Long.....TD....INT.....QBR.....RAT

@ BUF....L 0-19.......10......27......82.........37.0.......3.04........13.......0.......0........3.2......45.6

vs NYJ....L 7-20.......20 .....40.....204.........50.0.......5.10.......25 .......1.......3......38.7......42.1

We can dance around it all we want, but he was horrible. Good QB's don't follow up one bad performance with another. If this team doesn't go at least go 9-7, there's a real good chance Philbin's out. Tanny's going to be on tight leash this year, if he doesn't quickly pick up the new offense or the team starts out poorly...........he'll be benched.

If you take out the last two games, Tanny had a really good year, especially with the horrible line and the lack of a running game, but considering the importance of those games and they were against marginal opponents...........there's legitimate reason to be concerned.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:16 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

shularino wrote:
I'd feel alot better about Tanny, if it wasn't for those last two games

If I recall correctly, he was playing with an injured knee and wasn't able to step into throws. That is certainly going to reduce a QB's accuracy.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:36 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Huge breakout season for him I feel. Just stay healthy.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:57 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

I don't think Foles is much, if at all better than Tannehill, and Lazor worked some wonders with him.

Really excited to see Tannehill in this new offense.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:29 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Make or break year for RT.

Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:28 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:
Make or break year for RT.

A better year? Yes. Make or break? Well define make or break. If he throws fewer interceptions, gets sacked less and is about the same with TDs and completion percentage does Miami move on since that probably isn't Pro Bowl caliber? Or is that good enough to keep working with?

Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:54 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

If Miami's O-line and run D improves, they can realistically go 10-6 and make the playoffs as long as RT doesn't hurt them. If those things happen AND he takes a step forward and plays like a top 10 QB, they can do some damage in the playoffs.

That means he maintains his status with the team unless the bottom falls out. That's how I see it.

Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]