View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Jaguars to Cut Henderson 
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Post Jaguars to Cut Henderson
Could this be the answer to our NT issues ... 6'7" 335# 31 years old Good experience

Quote:
After using their top two picks on defensive tackles, the Jacksonville Jaguars are saying goodbye to the best one the franchise has known.

Jacksonville will release former Pro Bowl defensive tackle John Henderson on Monday, according to a source close to the situation.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5136281

Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:48 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: Jaguars to Cut Henderson
I dont know that anyone that makes decisions for the Fins think we have a NT issue....

It would appear Nolan has a different plan for our defense then a conventional 3-4 bigger is better style.. Looks as though he wants some speed in there...

Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:04 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Perhaps "issue" was the wrong word to use but I think whenever the team has a chance to improve a position, I think they need to address it. So perhaps the better question would be: does signing Henderson improve the NT position for the Dolphins? I believe it does but, as you mentioned, maybe Mike Nolan is taking the defense in a different direction.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:12 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

diamonddodger wrote:
Perhaps "issue" was the wrong word to use but I think whenever the team has a chance to improve a position, I think they need to address it. So perhaps the better question would be: does signing Henderson improve the NT position for the Dolphins? I believe it does but, as you mentioned, maybe Mike Nolan is taking the defense in a different direction.

I think Henderson is a sure upgrade over Paul, who is right now our starting NT... But Ireland mentioned that we are going to be using Starks in the rotation as NT as well...

In all seriousness, I doubt any of us will know what we are doing on defense til the play is called... I do expect alot of misdirection, movement and confusion tho.

Henderson would depend on what he wants. Gotta be a reason J-Ville is just releasing him...

Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:23 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I dont see the Dolphins signing over the hill players. This is a youth movement, this is about moving forward. This is a transitional season. Young, Big, Fast, Strong, Smart at almost every position.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:29 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

ToneOz wrote:
I dont see the Dolphins signing over the hill players. This is a youth movement, this is about moving forward. This is a transitional season. Young, Big, Fast, Strong, Smart at almost every position.

I feel the same way,but Henderson is not really over the hill. He is on the other side of 30 but as far as D line goes he could be useful in rotation,but we would have to see what he wants and doe's he fit our D-fence.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:39 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

I say no... they're comfortable with who we have on the D-Line... if they weren't they'd have drafted a big ol' guy to plug the middle.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:09 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

IamPZ wrote:
I say no... they're comfortable with who we have on the D-Line... if they weren't they'd have drafted a big ol' guy to plug the middle.

Yeah or they could be looking to add from FA's. He would still demand some double teaming on the line. Just wonder at what price to get him and doe's he fit are new D's scheme?

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:26 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

a big question would be whether he'd be willing to play NT? He has played DT in a 4-3 scheme for his career. The contract part could be worked out I'm sure, but also doe he fit into Nolan's plan for the defense?

In the end, I do not see him becoming a dolphin. I don't think the Fins believe they have a need at NT like some of us fans do?

Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]