All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:29 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

How can we not get excited about this guy? Best hands in the draft and he is wearing a Dolphins uniform.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:37 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I really like him as a player but his speed and explosiveness is a real big question for me, what I see on his tapes is a lot of catches in close coverage, which may translate to him not getting open much at the next level, because he will be facing much better CBs in the NFL and many of the close coverage catches he made in college may not even be opportunities at the next level because he's covered.

A big mans skill set in a small body, not sure that will translate because he doesn't have the height to utilize his abilities, I hope he does carve a niche for himself though.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:46 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I am not sure if I am jaded or not about rookies on the Phins, but I will get excited when he can consistently produce in games.

Of course even if he gets back to back 1000 yards seasons it won't be anything special. : )

I keed I keed.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:47 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Finster wrote:
I really like him as a player but his speed and explosiveness is a real big question for me, what I see on his tapes is a lot of catches in close coverage, which may translate to him not getting open much at the next level, because he will be facing much better CBs in the NFL and many of the close coverage catches he made in college may not even be opportunities at the next level because he's covered.

A big mans skill set in a small body, not sure that will translate because he doesn't have the height to utilize his abilities, I hope he does carve a niche for himself though.

He may never be the take it to the house type player, but it will be nice for a Miami Wr to actually believe they will catch the ball when it is thrown to them instead of hoping. I could not believe Miami drafted a 4.7 WR until I found out he was hurt. I am not concerned with his speed. If he can extend drives & and put up 5 TDs a yr, then solid pick.

Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Mathew & Landry is not a great 5, but they should be able to do some damage.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:23 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dphins4me wrote:
... but it will be nice for a Miami Wr to actually believe they will catch the ball when it is thrown to them instead of hoping. I could not believe Miami drafted a 4.7 WR until I found out he was hurt. I am not concerned with his speed. If he can extend drives & and put up 5 TDs a yr, then solid pick.

I was getting my Dolphins fix this weekend watching some youtube videos and came across Randy McMichael dropping a couple balls right in his hand on 3rd down and then Chambers dropping an easy one. I think Landry will be fantastic in the slot for us, but he can play anywhere. He reminds me of OJ McDuffie and Orande Gasden rolled into one (without Gadsden's height). He has those large hands that help him catch one handed passes as Gadsden did.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:59 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Impressive, no doubt. But I couldn't help but think about how much Mettenberger Sucked!

Landry didn't have a choice but locate the ball and make the adjustments haha He could make Tannehill look reeeal nice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:00 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

This guy is like the Zach Thomas version of a wide receiver....not big, but nasty and smart with great fundamentals.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:45 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I believe that is Incognito singing in the background ... just sayin'

:haha

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:49 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

If he can get separation from NFL DB's, then he will be worth the pick. It will be interesting to see how he does in the preseason games. Tannehill really is at his best in short to intermediate range throws and I suspect the running game will be lacking, so the ball is going to be in the air a lot. Landry, Hartline and Clay should be seeing a lot of balls thrown their way!

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]