View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Nolan's Defense & How Our Rookies/Free Agents Fit 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Nolan's Defense & How Our Rookies/Free Agents Fit
A Quick Look at Mike Nolan’s Defense and How Our Draft Picks Fit the System
http://www.thephinsider.com/2010/4/25/1 ... ike-nolans

Great article that got me excited to watch our defense this year. It really does a good job of breaking down Nolan's defensive formations and how everyone plugs in. I think this draft did a great job of solidifying our front seven.
One thing I didn't like about the article was it didn't show the secondary and break down the players we have there, but I guess you can't always get what you want. It also leaves Dobbins out of the equation, whats up with that?
Overall, great stuff. It's worth the read, because hey, it's the offseason!
:goteam:

Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:25 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: Nolan's Defense & How Our Rookies/Free Agents Fit
well there are a lot of assumptions made in his post regarding these rookie LB's.......the only LB that can be spoken of as being able to handle the positions listed would be Dansby and Crowder. All the other guys we are hoping can play well in Nolan's system, as we have not seen any of them do much in the NFL or play 1 snap in the league right?!

If things do turn out as posted, then that would be a best case scenario....... :yay:

not something to hang your hat on before rookie camp even starts...... :embarrassed:

Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:41 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

keebler_kahn wrote:
well there are a lot of assumptions made in his post regarding these rookie LB's.......the only LB that can be spoken of as being able to handle the positions listed would be Dansby and Crowder. All the other guys we are hoping can play well in Nolan's system, as we have not seen any of them do much in the NFL or play 1 snap in the league right?!

If things do turn out as posted, then that would be a best case scenario....... :yay:

not something to hang your hat on before rookie camp even starts...... :embarrassed:

Would it not be fair to say he's making the same assumptions the Trifecta is???
Otherwise, why did we draft these kids and sign the free agents?

Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:44 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

wkloiber13 wrote:
keebler_kahn wrote:

Would it not be fair to say he's making the same assumptions the Trifecta is??? Otherwise, why did we draft these kids and sign the free agents?

I think the Trifecta is hoping that things pan out well, they are not assuming that they will. With any kid drafted you are hoping they pan out, as nothing is guaranteed. They went after team leaders and high motor guys hoping those characteristics and there productivity in college will result in a good NFL player.

I hope the kids they drafted work just as the poster stated, but I will wait and see how they play before I assume that they all will fit Nolan's system so snug.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:50 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I think you're misunderstanding my previous comments Dolfan brother. When I said the Trifecta assumes that these guys are a fit it's because our staff had the opportunity to work with them at the Senior Bowl and work them out at the positions. I'm sure they were using some of Nolan's schemes and drills along the way. That's why I said that. I agree with you that these guys will need to prove themselves before they find their way onto the roster. All I was tyring to get across was that on paper everything looks good and the Trifecta did their homework. This is what has me excited for training camp and the season. I'm certainly not counting all my chickens before the eggs have hatched, as I'm sure the Trifecta isn't. I'm just excited to see how things turn out thats all. Go Dolphins!
:yay:

Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]