View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:46 am



Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Superstar Breakthrough: Featuring Chad Henne, Miami Dolphins 
Author Message
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 3618
Post Superstar Breakthrough: Featuring Chad Henne, Miami Dolphins
Quote:
Last year, he had only a few tools and was able to use them to do great things. Now he has all of the tools he needs: a great offensive line, a great receiving corps, and a great running game.

With those tools he will be able to do incredible things that will bring him to the Pro Bowl. Welcome, Dolphins fans, to the future of the Miami Dolphins: Chad Henne

...


http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3853 ... olphins-qb


Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:45 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Superstar Breakthrough: Featuring Chad Henne, Miami Dolphins
He has no TE...I wouldn't call that a great receiving corps. I do agree he'll be in the pro bowl though.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:51 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:25 pm
Posts: 84
Location: Middleboro, MA
Post Re: Superstar Breakthrough: Featuring Chad Henne, Miami Dolphins
I also disagree that the phins receiving corps is great. they have however taken a step in that direction with the addition of Brandon Marshall. We need the other young receivers to step up their game along with the tight ends. Henne showed that he is pretty tough and can deliver if given the proper support.


Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:00 am
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:38 pm
Posts: 481
Location: Miami, Fl
Post Re: Superstar Breakthrough: Featuring Chad Henne, Miami Dolphins
3 things that will prevent Henne from making the Pro Bowl...
Manning, Shaub, and Brady.
Don't get me wrong, I definitely think Henne is the real deal and can have "pro bowl" type numbers. But it will be very difficult to make it to the pro bowl because there are so many good QB's in the AFC. Not to mention Palmer, Flacco, and Rivers. I do believe Henne will definitely elevate his game this year. But I'd have to say that Henne needs to also step up his game when under pressure while getting blitzed. He needs to learn how to get some yards on the ground when the field is open. I know he is no Vince Young, but Pennington did a good job at getting those decent yards when no receiver was open.


Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:52 am
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 312
Location: PA
Post Re: Superstar Breakthrough: Featuring Chad Henne, Miami Dolphins
yeah i dont know about a great corps. marshall is great, bess is a good slot receiver, but beyond that we have a bunch of average wr's and work in progresses. the oline, imo, is great however. our rb's would be close to great if ronnie could stay healthy.


Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:53 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:20 pm
Posts: 156
Location: Mexico City
Post Re: Superstar Breakthrough: Featuring Chad Henne, Miami Dolphins
I think Chad Henne will be the face of this franchise for years to come... we'll see.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:28 am
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:08 am
Posts: 215
Post Re: Superstar Breakthrough: Featuring Chad Henne, Miami Dolphins
I don't think Henne makes the pro bowl at all. I don't think that are receiving corps is great. I don't think we actually see the offensive potential until we get rid of Henning. As long as he's calling the plays he will certainly limit this very potent offense.

I believe if Ronnie Brown is healthy that he would be the only one to make the pro bowl because that is how Henning likes to call the game.


Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:39 am
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 312
Location: PA
Post Re: Superstar Breakthrough: Featuring Chad Henne, Miami Dolphins
jake long should make the pro bowl too. and im sure brandon marshall will also...heck, he made it with kyle orton throwing to him.


Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:42 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:20 pm
Posts: 156
Location: Mexico City
Post Re: Superstar Breakthrough: Featuring Chad Henne, Miami Dolphins
finfan808 wrote:
I don't think Henne makes the pro bowl at all. I don't think that are receiving corps is great. I don't think we actually see the offensive potential until we get rid of Henning. As long as he's calling the plays he will certainly limit this very potent offense.

I believe if Ronnie Brown is healthy that he would be the only one to make the pro bowl because that is how Henning likes to call the game.


I think you're wrong... we had to run the ball because we had a "rookie" QB and no WR targets last season... and still the last 3 games, we passed the ball more than 30 times per game. So hold your horses there... I think Henning will have some fun creating new plays for our offense.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:45 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 8956
Location: Fargo, ND
Post Re: Superstar Breakthrough: Featuring Chad Henne, Miami Dolphins
Actually the offensive line will be a huge question mark and may take some time to gel as a unit. Our receiving corp was mediocre at their best, and dismal quite often. With adding Marshall we will see improvement, but overall I would say they are likely average or slightly above. The running game will be dependent on the offensive line, and the health of our backs. I'm not quite ready to say that Henne will post pro-bowl numbers in his 2nd year starting, but it is certainly possible under ideal conditions. I guess we will have to wait and see how the players develop as a squad.


Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:10 am
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:36 pm
Posts: 494
Location: Ruff Buff NY
Post Re: Superstar Breakthrough: Featuring Chad Henne, Miami Dolphins
I don't know about him going to the prowbowl this year. This is the fist time he a has had a real threat at (wr) and a soild running game,maybe with 1 more year with this new talent he can make it.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:16 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:07 pm
Posts: 60
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Post Re: Superstar Breakthrough: Featuring Chad Henne, Miami Dolphins
I think we happen to have a great WR corps... With Marshall at #1, then we have a great slot receiver in Bess, and I'm convinced this season will be a breakout year for Brian Hartline, that kid has speed, hands, he falls forward and he's never afraid to take a hit, I think with the addition of Marshall the NFL will really see the true talent level our receivers :runwiththeball:

_________________
Image


Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:36 pm
Posts: 494
Location: Ruff Buff NY
Post Re: Superstar Breakthrough: Featuring Chad Henne, Miami Dolphins
BlameItonTheHenne wrote:
I think we happen to have a great WR corps... With Marshall at #1, then we have a great slot receiver in Bess, and I'm convinced this season will be a breakout year for Brian Hartline, that kid has speed, hands, he falls forward and he's never afraid to take a hit, I think with the addition of Marshall the NFL will really see the true talent level our receivers :runwiththeball:

I think great is to strong of a word for are (wr) group, would say more of a threat now. Last year teams weren't afraid of the pass and we got away with some long passes, but not enough to say they were great yet. With Marshell I say more of a threat not great.....yet at least.

_________________
Image


Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:57 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:07 pm
Posts: 60
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Post Re: Superstar Breakthrough: Featuring Chad Henne, Miami Dolphins
phinphan-n-buffalo wrote:
BlameItonTheHenne wrote:
I think we happen to have a great WR corps... With Marshall at #1, then we have a great slot receiver in Bess, and I'm convinced this season will be a breakout year for Brian Hartline, that kid has speed, hands, he falls forward and he's never afraid to take a hit, I think with the addition of Marshall the NFL will really see the true talent level our receivers :runwiththeball:

I think great is to strong of a word for are (wr) group, would say more of a threat now. Last year teams weren't afraid of the pass and we got away with some long passes, but not enough to say they were great yet. With Marshell I say more of a threat not great.....yet at least.


Alright, I wouldn't say great now because we haven't seen them perform together with Marshall on the field but I think we have great POTENTIAL, potential to be an above average WR corps, we don't have any burners but we're stacked with possession receivers who know how to get open and fight for the extra yard

_________________
Image


Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:18 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:36 pm
Posts: 494
Location: Ruff Buff NY
Post Re: Superstar Breakthrough: Featuring Chad Henne, Miami Dolphins
BlameItonTheHenne wrote:
phinphan-n-buffalo wrote:
BlameItonTheHenne wrote:
I think we happen to have a great WR corps... With Marshall at #1, then we have a great slot receiver in Bess, and I'm convinced this season will be a breakout year for Brian Hartline, that kid has speed, hands, he falls forward and he's never afraid to take a hit, I think with the addition of Marshall the NFL will really see the true talent level our receivers :runwiththeball:

I think great is to strong of a word for are (wr) group, would say more of a threat now. Last year teams weren't afraid of the pass and we got away with some long passes, but not enough to say they were great yet. With Marshell I say more of a threat not great.....yet at least.


Alright, I wouldn't say great now because we haven't seen them perform together with Marshall on the field but I think we have great POTENTIAL, potential to be an above average WR corps, we don't have any burners but we're stacked with possession receivers who know how to get open and fight for the extra yard

I agree with that.... :grin:

_________________
Image


Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:24 pm
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:08 am
Posts: 215
Post Re: Superstar Breakthrough: Featuring Chad Henne, Miami Dolphins
Dan wrote:
finfan808 wrote:
I don't think Henne makes the pro bowl at all. I don't think that are receiving corps is great. I don't think we actually see the offensive potential until we get rid of Henning. As long as he's calling the plays he will certainly limit this very potent offense.

I believe if Ronnie Brown is healthy that he would be the only one to make the pro bowl because that is how Henning likes to call the game.


I think you're wrong... we had to run the ball because we had a "rookie" QB and no WR targets last season... and still the last 3 games, we passed the ball more than 30 times per game. So hold your horses there... I think Henning will have some fun creating new plays for our offense.


No WR targets? You mean other than the 77 balls that Bess caught. Hold my horses? We ran the ball because that is our biggest strength and because Henning has always been a conservative OC.


Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:43 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:15 am
Posts: 144
Post Re: Superstar Breakthrough: Featuring Chad Henne, Miami Dolphins
Well, adding one guy though he is a beast does not make us 'great' in the Receiver corps.

I believe it will be Marshall and Hartline starting, and Bess and Camarillo doing occasional duty as #2 and all-the-time duty with the Slot/4 wide stuff.
That is a WR Corps of a legitimate #1 and several reliable but as yet not complete #2s.

It is probably perfect for our Offense, because we're not going to be throwing it 40 times a game if we can help it.

However, at TE we are a complete question mark. Until Fasano gets over that big hit he took in the Georgia Dome vs. the Falcons and starts making plays, then we are a Haynos/Sperry away from being desperate at the position.

We do not have as good a WR corps right now as the Patsies. I do think we compare favorably with the Jets and Bills WRs, especially with Marshall, but I do not think we rank as 'great'.


Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:09 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: Superstar Breakthrough: Featuring Chad Henne, Miami Dolphins
I personally don't care if Henne makes the Pro Bowl or not. I just want him to take us to the playoffs. I would be perfectly happy with us running the ball down our opponent's throats 50+ times a game and having Henne occasionally hook up with Marshall on a play action pass downfield. Bottom line, I just want to win! And of course to beat the Bills, Jets, and Patriots twice!
:stiffarm:


Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:19 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.