Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:33 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
By Chris Perkins

1:57 p.m. EDT, September 25, 2014

DAVIE – Dolphins coach Joe Philbin took responsibility for causing a distraction in the lockerroom Thursday and stopped just short of offering an apology.

“The function of the head coach is to create an atmosphere free from distractions,” Philbin said at his daily media session following Thursday’s practice, “and to the degree that I contributed to any of those distractions, intended or not, doesn’t really matter. That falls on me. It’s my responsibility. So certainly I accept that responsibility as the head coach.

“Really that’s all I have to say on that.” ...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 9065.story

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:38 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
Everyone in the lockerroom was free and easy. ... It appears, from the outside, that the Dolphins will arrive in London as a happy family.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 9065.story

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:21 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

If Tannehill were playing better than he has, no one would be asking this very credible question.

The articles are already out there.

d-1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:35 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I'd take Bortles, but wait for it, we trade up for a drug addicted de the year before......who sucks BTW

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:26 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

I think Bortles is gonna be awesome

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:34 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
3) Ryan Tannehill's fall?: Joe Philbin didn't carry on all week the way he did for nothing, apology or no apology. A couple people inside the building certainly made it sound to me like benching Tannehill is not out of the question, and that the head coach's public fence-sitting on naming a starter should serve as a de facto warning shot at the eighth overall pick in the 2012 draft. The problems with Tannehill? According to one informed party, the quarterback's ability to see the field hasn't developed as the team would've liked, nor has his pocket presence or deep accuracy. (That final issue is compounded by the heavy investment the club made in Mike Wallace.) It's added up to a quarterback rating that tops only three other qualifiers in the NFL, a completion percentage closer to 55 than 60 and a league-worst average of 5.03 yards per attempt. Miami, like Washington, will have to make a decision on its quarterback after the season, choosing by May whether or not to exercise an option that figures to hover around $15 million for 2016. Whether or not Philbin is involved in that call remains an open question. What seems clear is that he and the staff see backup Matt Moore as a potentially viable leader to get him there.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... oss-league

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:56 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

the quarterback's ability to see the field hasn't developed as the team would've liked, nor has his pocket presence or deep accuracy

Most of us agree with this.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:06 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Makchell wrote:
the quarterback's ability to see the field hasn't developed as the team would've liked, nor has his pocket presence or deep accuracy

Most of us agree with this.

Philbin: Hey Ryan, we've done a terrible job of developing you over the past two years, but that's irrelavent. Bill has spent 5 months with you, that should be enough. IT'S YOUR FAULT!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:12 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Philbin: Hey Ryan, we've done a terrible job of developing you over the past two years, but that's irrelavent. Bill has spent 5 months with you, that should be enough. IT'S YOUR FAULT!

I'm curious when it comes to this.

Obviously there are things you've seen out of Tannehill that you like and he's performed well enough in spots for you to not be concerned with him. That's basically saying he's performed the way he has despite the coaching inadequacies.

Is that the case? What in particular about the coaching has held back the development of Tanny as a QB in terms of ball placement, accuracy, and overall leadership?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:05 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Rock Sexton wrote:
Obviously there are things you've seen out of Tannehill that you like and he's performed well enough in spots for you to not be concerned with him. That's basically saying he's performed the way he has despite the coaching inadequacies.

Is that the case? What in particular about the coaching has held back the development of Tanny as a QB in terms of ball placement, accuracy
An OL that will allow him time to make more than one read consistent basis.

Rock Sexton wrote:
overall leadership?
Where is everyone pulling that he is not a leader?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:41 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
An OL that will allow him time to make more than one read consistent basis.

The O-line is a separate issue from "coaching/development". Your GM's are the ones doing the shopping for those parts and there are other coaches who handle that department.

I'm curious when guys make the statement that the coaching staff is the reason he's gone undeveloped why that is? What have they done exactly to prevent growth based on "coaching"?

At this stage it's a 50/50 coin flip that either Sherman was holding him back or he was hiding his flaws. Neither is certain yet.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:59 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Brady has a bad o-line....Look at his rating.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:03 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Kev1321 wrote:

His WRs catch the ball.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:10 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Kev1321 wrote:

OK I'll play this game. Aaron Rodgers has been sacked 9 times like Tanny, but his rating is 95.1 ... hell Jay Cutler has been sacked 7 times and he's got a 98.2 rating.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:25 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Rock Sexton wrote:

OK I'll play this game. Aaron Rodgers has been sacked 9 times like Tanny, but his rating is 95.1 ... hell Jay Cutler has been sacked 7 times and he's got a 98.2 rating.

Wouldn't a more fair comparison include drop passes into those ratings? Both teams have some rather good WR. None of which Miami's can compare to in being play makers.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:27 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
Wouldn't a more fair comparison include drop passes into those ratings? Both teams have some rather good WR. None of which Miami's can compare to in being play makers.

I didn't invent this game. I was given a response that indicates sacks are directly responsible for low QB rating.

For the record, GB's offense has 6 drops and Chicago 3.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:53 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Wow, just went to Sun-Sentinel.com and voted in their poll "Who should start at QB for the Dolphins on Sunday against the Raiders?". With close to 2,000 votes, 2 out of 3 Phin Fans think Moore should start. Either your average Phin Fan has given up on Tanny or Moore has a lot of friends.

Ryan Tannehill (643 responses), 34%
Matt Moore (1249 responses), 66%

1892 total responses as of 10:45 ET 9/28/14

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:17 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

dolphans1 wrote:
If Tannehill were playing better than he has, no one would be asking this very credible question.

The articles are already out there.

d-1

I have to reply off one of my own post, because my ability to create my own posts have been taken away, but I wanted to write something about the Florida QB's endure the storm and pull out wins, that's if Blake Bortles wins. I was shocked to see the Bucs leading today, then lose it and I thought they lost, but they came back to win against the Steelers.

Go Florida....

d-1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:43 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero

I asked Joe Philbin about the irony he ended up putting Matt Moore into the game today. "You guys predicted it," he said.

https://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:10 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Let's keep it up.

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]