View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
 okay, we can quit salivating over the free agent list now. 
2011 NFL Survival Champ
2011 NFL Survival Champ

Post okay, we can quit salivating over the free agent list now.
okay here's your list of free agents:

WR 1 Vincent Jackson RFA 5 6-5/238 Northern Colorado San Diego
WR 2 Miles Austin RFA 4 6-3/216 Monmouth (NJ) Dallas
WR 3 Brandon Marshall RFA 4 6-4/230 UCF Denver
TE 4 Owen Daniels RFA 4 6-3/247 Wisconsin Houston
OLB 5 Elvis Dumervil RFA 5 5-11/258 Louisville Denver
DE 6 Julius Peppers UFA 8 6-7/283 North Carolina Carolina
MLB 7 DeMeco Ryans RFA 4 6-1/250 Alabama Houston
RB 8 Pierre Thomas RFA 3 5-11/210 Illinois New Orleans
OT 9 Willie Colon RFA 4 6-3/315 Hofstra Pittsburgh
OG 10 Jahri Evans RFA 4 6-4/318 Bloomsburg of Pennsylvania New Orleans
OLB 11 Karlos Dansby UFA 6 6-4/240 Auburn Arizona
OG 12 Logan Mankins RFA 5 6-4/305 Fresno State New England
DT 13 Vince Wilfork UFA 6 6-2/344 Miami (FL) New England
S 14 Oshiomogho Atogwe RFA 5 5-11/210 Stanford St. Louis
S 15 Antoine Bethea RFA 4 5-11/203 Howard Indianapolis
FB 15 Le'Ron McClain RFA 3 6-0/260 Alabama Baltimore
K 16 Neil Rackers UFA 10 6-1/207 Illinois Arizona
P 17 Michael Koenen RFA 5 5-11/195 Western Washington Atlanta
P 18 Sam Koch RFA 4 5-11/225 Nebraska Baltimore
WR 19 Braylon Edwards RFA 5 6-3/215 Michigan NY Jets
OLB 20 Shawne Merriman RFA 5 6-4.5/272 Maryland San Diego
DT 21 Casey Hampton UFA 9 6-1/325 Texas Pittsburgh
RB 22 Leon Washington RFA 4 5-8/202 Florida State NY Jets
MLB 23 Gary Brackett UFA 7 5-11/235 Rutgers Indianapolis
CB 24 Dunta Robinson UFA 6 5-10/184 South Carolina Houston
WR 25 Malcom Floyd RFA 4 6-4.5/215 Wyoming San Diego
WR 26 Antonio Bryant UFA 7 6-1/205 Pittsburgh Tampa Bay
C 27 Kevin Mawae UFA 16 6-4/289 LSU Tennessee
WR 28 Kevin Walter UFA 7 6-3/214 Eastern Michigan Houston
WR 29 Derrick Mason UFA 13 5-10/192 Michigan State Baltimore
WR 30 Steve Breaston RFA 3 6-0/193 Michigan Arizona
DE 30 Kyle Vanden Bosch UFA 9 6-4/278 Nebraska Tennessee
WR 31 Lance Moore RFA 4 5-9/177 Toledo New Orleans
OG 32 Bobbie Williams UFA 10 6-4/345 Arkansas Cincinnati
OG 33 Stephen Neal UFA 8 6-4/305 California State-Bakersfield New England
OG 34 Harvey Dahl RFA 4 6-5/313 Nevada Atlanta
OG 35 Deuce Lutui RFA 4 6-4/338 USC Arizona
OG 36 David Baas RFA 5 6-4/331 Michigan San Francisco
DT 37 Ryan Pickett UFA 8 6-2/322 Ohio State Green Bay
DT 38 Fred Robbins UFA 10 6-4/317 Wake Forest NY Giants
DT 39 Aubrayo Franklin UFA 7 6-1/334 Tennessee San Francisco
DE 40 Marcus Spears RFA 5 6-4/315 LSU Dallas
MLB 41 Kirk Morrison RFA 5 6-2/240 San Diego State Oakland
MLB 42 D'Qwell Jackson RFA 4 6-0/240 Maryland Cleveland
OLB 43 Keith Bulluck UFA 10 6-3/232 Syracuse Tennessee
OLB 44 Scott Fujita UFA 9 6-5/250 California New Orleans
OLB 45 Thomas Howard RFA 4 6-3/240 UTEP Oakland
OLB 46 Rocky McIntosh RFA 4 6-2/230 Miami (FL) Washington
OLB 47 Clint Ingram RFA 4 6-2/245 Oklahoma Jacksonville
S 48 Nick Collins RFA 5 5-11/207 Bethune Cookman Green Bay

notice anything disheartening? Other than Vince wilfork, most of the other free agents that would up grade us at positions of need are restricted free agents, meaning we would have to sacrifice draft picks for them, something our braintrust just aint cool with (and rightfully so, imo). Now, i think it is however remotely possible to land both Wilfork and Marshall, if a) the price is right and b) our braintrust is willing to pay that price. I think the patsies are going to let wilfork put his toe in the free agent market before offering him a contract just to get a feel of what he may be worth as i believe if a big extension was in the works it would have already been in at least the earliest stages. And brandon marshall has been such a headache for josh mcdaniels that they may only give a token tender, like a 3rd and/or a 5th rounder, just for the sake of business when in all actuallity they just want him gone. Imo, the addition of these two would offer way more flexibility in the draft as it would plug 2 young talented players at positions of need and allow us to focus on LBs, a safety, and perhaps a TE, whereas without any free agent pick ups, we may be forced to take terrance cody over lets say rolondo mclain, simply out of need (just an example, don't fret) So 'tis the season for far-fetched wishing lets play around with some scenarios, shall we??

Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:18 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: okay, we can quit salivating over the free agent list now.
The CBA could still be extended. It's not really being talked about. But, I know the NFL brass can't like the idea of an uncapped season. The players probably don't either.. except the UFA's.

It might very well get done at the last minute. Then a LOT of those guys become UFA's. =)

Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:22 pm
2011 NFL Survival Champ
2011 NFL Survival Champ

i hope so to hypo, as right now are prospects of getting serious help via free agency is restricted to say the least. another name to toss around and think about might be casey hampton. bill parcells knows as well as anyone good NTs are a rare comodity and he may be just a tad more lenient in when it comes to the acquisition of someone to man what is arguably the most important position in a 34 defense. Imo, in order to give mike nolan the tools to git-r-done, we have to solidify that position with one of 3 guys 1) vince wilfork 2) casey hampton 3) terrance cody. really wish we could land Suh, but not even in fantasy land is that even a remote possibility.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:43 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I don't think Suh would be very viable as a NT in our defense. Plus, he's not dropping, and we're not moving up.

I would do anything to get Wilfork...as a Canes fan (and as an absolute Pats hater, mind you) I've always loved Vince and root for him (and him only) when he plays. Plus it doesn't help he's an absolute beast at NT and I think I'm going to send about 30 letters to the Miami Dolphins explaining why we should nab him LOL.

Seriously though, if we want to be competitive (as in playoffs and playoff wins) next season we need to address at least one need via FA IMO. Whether it be Wilfork, Marshall, Hampton, Dansby, Brackett (p much impossible, he's not leaving Indy), we need to pick up a FA starter to alleviate some draft pressures. And by draft pressures I mean not only are the Big 3 under pressure to pick the rights picks for us, but our draft picks themselves are expected to be a force right away (like some of our other rookie, 2nd, and 3rd year players on our squad right now) and I don't see us picking up a viable safety, NT, ILB, WR, and OLB in the draft, it's just not going to happen. And while I do know that Parcells has a knack for picking up good draft prospects at NT, and many good NTs are found in later rounds as well (many d-lineman for that matter), I think we need to go after a guy like Wilfork. Having Fergie as a verteran NT was such a HUGE advantage, we really don't want to see our starting NT next season be Paul or some developing DT.

So really I'm hoping a new agreement is reached last-minute, because I see Miami as being a place that UFAs would want to go to for the most part and I could see us making a few good moves if it doesn't mean costing us a few draft picks for an RFA.

DAMN I can't wait for this to all pan out. I hate the offseason; it takes forever for anything to happen. At least during the season what you've been waiting for all week will come on Sunday.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:59 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I think you forgot Jason Avant. Shouldn't he be on the list?

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:08 pm
2011 NFL Survival Champ
2011 NFL Survival Champ

dolphinjim wrote:
I think you forgot Jason Avant. Shouldn't he be on the list?

WR 14 Jason Avant RFA 4 6-0/213 Michigan Philadelphia
there ya go jim just for you bro
here's the link:http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=12&yr=2010&nid=83&lnid=83&rc=16

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:22 pm
2011 NFL Survival Champ
2011 NFL Survival Champ

TheBigFish wrote:
I don't think Suh would be very viable as a NT in our defense. Plus, he's not dropping, and we're not moving up.

I would do anything to get Wilfork...as a Canes fan (and as an absolute Pats hater, mind you) I've always loved Vince and root for him (and him only) when he plays. Plus it doesn't help he's an absolute beast at NT and I think I'm going to send about 30 letters to the Miami Dolphins explaining why we should nab him LOL.

Seriously though, if we want to be competitive (as in playoffs and playoff wins) next season we need to address at least one need via FA IMO. Whether it be Wilfork, Marshall, Hampton, Dansby, Brackett (p much impossible, he's not leaving Indy), we need to pick up a FA starter to alleviate some draft pressures. And by draft pressures I mean not only are the Big 3 under pressure to pick the rights picks for us, but our draft picks themselves are expected to be a force right away (like some of our other rookie, 2nd, and 3rd year players on our squad right now) and I don't see us picking up a viable safety, NT, ILB, WR, and OLB in the draft, it's just not going to happen. And while I do know that Parcells has a knack for picking up good draft prospects at NT, and many good NTs are found in later rounds as well (many d-lineman for that matter), I think we need to go after a guy like Wilfork. Having Fergie as a verteran NT was such a HUGE advantage, we really don't want to see our starting NT next season be Paul or some developing DT.

So really I'm hoping a new agreement is reached last-minute, because I see Miami as being a place that UFAs would want to go to for the most part and I could see us making a few good moves if it doesn't mean costing us a few draft picks for an RFA.

DAMN I can't wait for this to all pan out. I hate the offseason; it takes forever for anything to happen. At least during the season what you've been waiting for all week will come on Sunday.

i am in agreement with ya, it's like ya read my mind but for curiosity's sake, why do you think Suh wouldn't be viable? i agree he won't be available so it's all moot, but that is an interesting take i must say my friend.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:27 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I want Antoine Bethea. I feel like if a UFA. He could be had without breaking the bank. And he's a very solid safety.

If we are going to address needs in FA.. I hope it's a WR.. and if not a NT like Hampton or Wilfork.

Dream offseason for me would be getting Brandon Marshall, Antoine Bethea, Casey Hampton and drafting Rolando McClain. IMO, if we do even 3 of those 4 things.. it would immediately make us a contender. But, I know.. its more likely we will only get 1 of those fellas.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:29 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

I agree with you (TheBigFish), GM Ireland and BP should find a way to get NT Vince Wilfork in fins uniform...he a BEAST in the middle and he will fixed for years in the middle of the line...here a new thought that I have come up with ....I think BP should look at OLB Elvis Dumervil from Denver...he know Nolan system and he lead NFL in sacks ( 17.0 sacks) yes he is RFA and he small for OLB ( 5-11)(not BP type of big LB)..What would it take to get him to come down to Miami??

Would you fans want him here??? what are your opinions???

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:37 pm
2011 NFL Survival Champ
2011 NFL Survival Champ

hypocritex wrote:
Dream offseason for me would be getting Brandon Marshall, Antoine Bethea, Casey Hampton and drafting Rolando McClain. IMO, if we do even 3 of those 4 things.. it would immediately make us a contender. But, I know.. its more likely we will only get 1 of those fellas.

I like this alot. as it would give us a chance to have the utmost draft flexibility as well as draft BPAs (best player available) without so much desperation being placed on the incoming draft class to perform immediately. Truth of the matter is your dream offseason is quite doable in my opinion, and would definitely serve to remedy some of the not so great FA moves in recent times (i.e. gibril wilson and earnest wilford). I believe all the players you named can be had at reasonable prices and would fit quite nicely in our scheme of things.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:48 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

mikey wrote:
why do you think Suh wouldn't be viable?

His talents would be better suited as a 5 technique.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:52 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Rich wrote:
mikey wrote:

I agree. Though I do think he would do ok at Nose. But, it's not a proper use of his gifts. He'd be a great nose on 3rd and long however.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:54 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

DT 39 Aubrayo Franklin UFA 7 6-1/334 Tennessee San Francisco

He would not be expensive and he's played under Nolan, Willis is a beast but he needs guys like this to shine. IMO he is the second choice if Wilfork is too expensive. Check out some SF games, this guy is a load and already better than Soliai.

What do you guys think?

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:00 pm
2011 NFL Survival Champ
2011 NFL Survival Champ

finfever33 wrote:
I agree with you (TheBigFish), GM Ireland and BP should find a way to get NT Vince Wilfork in fins uniform...he a BEAST in the middle and he will fixed for years in the middle of the line...here a new thought that I have come up with ....I think BP should look at OLB Elvis Dumervil from Denver...he know Nolan system and he lead NFL in sacks ( 17.0 sacks) yes he is RFA and he small for OLB ( 5-11)(not BP type of big LB)..What would it take to get him to come down to Miami??

Would you fans want him here??? what are your opinions???

sure i think he would be a good addition, but 1) not even josh mcdaniels is that stupid, 2) you hit it on the head w/ the size issue and 3) considering the contract year he had, BP probably won't be willing to "pay da man"
truth of the matter, as frustrating as it is to say, we could relly do some major renovations complements free agency but it seems like our front office doesn't hold it in as high esteem as we do. rather unfortunate i think.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:01 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

sure i think he would be a good addition, but 1) not even josh mcdaniels is that stupid, 2) you hit it on the head w/ the size issue and 3) considering the contract year he had, BP probably won't be willing to "pay da man"
truth of the matter, as frustrating as it is to say, we could relly do some major renovations complements free agency but it seems like our front office doesn't hold it in as high esteem as we do. rather unfortunate i think.

I don't like the idea of spending a lot of money of FA's. I live in Redskins country and that's all Dan Snyder does but it get's him nowhere. 1 or 2 FA's in positions of need and build through the draft.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:05 pm
2011 NFL Survival Champ
2011 NFL Survival Champ

okay. thanks rich and hypo, that does make sense to me, now that you mention it. i just hope our braintrust puts some serious thinking into the NT position though, because the only way i see ferg coming back is if we monkey up and dont get another NT and if we run w/ solaiai, then god help us all

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:08 pm
2011 NFL Survival Champ
2011 NFL Survival Champ

MdDolfan wrote:

I don't like the idea of spending a lot of money of FA's. I live in Redskins country and that's all Dan Snyder does but it get's him nowhere. 1 or 2 FA's in positions of need and build through the draft.

i agree with your assesment, but i personally would make an exception for a quality NT that fits our scheme as those don't come along everyday. ditto that for an established reciever, although not to the same degree by any stretch of the imagination, imo.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:12 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

mikey wrote:
considering the contract year he had, BP probably won't be willing to "pay da man"

I disagree. First and foremost the man running the show knows firsthand what it takes to win a super bowl and how to build a contender. His philosophy has improved the circumstances of every team that has ever employed him in a power-wielding role.
As much as educated fans want to speculate, we don't have nearly the basis of experience that guys like Parcells do.
If a proven winner like him says we won't get better by breaking the bank in free agency, i'm inclined to believe him.

Besides, look at the Redskins.... they break the bank in the F.A. market EVERY offseason, and what do they have to show for it?
.....Absolutely nothing.

I'm all for adding value to this team via free agency, but I believe it has to be done very selectively with a degree of prudence rather than going on a spending spree and putting our cap situation in dire straits down the road.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:13 pm
2011 NFL Survival Champ
2011 NFL Survival Champ

Bones wrote:
mikey wrote:
considering the contract year he had, BP probably won't be willing to "pay da man"

I disagree. First and foremost the man running the show knows firsthand what it takes to win a super bowl and how to build a contender. His philosophy has improved the circumstances of every team that has ever employed him in a power-wielding role.
As much as educated fans want to speculate, we don't have nearly the basis of experience that guys like Parcells do.
If a proven winner like him says we won't get better by breaking the bank in free agency, i'm inclined to believe him.

Besides, look at the Redskins.... they break the bank in the F.A. market EVERY offseason, and what do they have to show for it?
.....Absolutely nothing.

I'm all for adding value to this team via free agency, but I believe it has to be done very selectively with a degree of prudence rather than going on a spending spree and putting our cap situation in dire straits down the road.

i see your point bones, but i tend to believe you can do a lot with a little. for instance, we know that in order for our defense to take that next step we have to get better at key positions, one of those being NT. a good NT doesnt become available all that often so do you spend a little more than you ordnarily do if you feel it immediately improves the overall quality of the team. Now i, for one dont think the way to build a successful team is by prioritizing the free agent market but rather smart drafting practices and complementing that with free agent acquisitions. One hand washes the other if you will. While i do believe in smart drafting first, my opinion is that this regime has not had much by way of success in the free agent market and it is also my opinion that unles they bring in a key free agent or two the rebuilding process that's going on will take an undo amount of time. that's just my opinion though.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:29 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ

The only UFA on that list I would grab would be Vince Wilfork (yes, I would pay the big money he's going to command), and I wouldn't grab any RFAs and give up my precious draft picks.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:44 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

hypocritex wrote:
Rich wrote:
mikey wrote:

I agree. Though I do think he would do ok at Nose. But, it's not a proper use of his gifts. He'd be a great nose on 3rd and long however.

Yeah Suh's not a nose, and that's what I meant. He is the type of player you would change from a 34 to a 43, but we won't be in that position anyway as Suh will be a top 5 pick at least.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was made into a DE either.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:57 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

TheBigFish wrote:
Yeah Suh's not a nose, and that's what I meant. He is the type of player you would change from a 34 to a 43, but we won't be in that position anyway as Suh will be a top 5 pick at least.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was made into a DE either.

That's exactly the argument I made earlier before the Big 12 Championship game.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:29 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Karlos Dansby is going to be a very rich man in the next few months. His contract will be a fun one to watch because he's a dominant player, can't be franchised, and is one of the very few elite linebackers available. If this offseason remains uncapped then expect an outright bidding war for his services.

He and Wilfork are the top 2 on my Miami wish list. Wilfork should get tagged and Dansby will smell like a vault by august so we probably can't afford him.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:06 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

WIlfork is not going anywere Bill cheater cannot afford to lose his best d-player

Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]