View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Offseason Report 
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Post Offseason Report
http://www.footballfanspot.com/miamidolphins.htm
I spent a long time on this and I was looking for some feedback/debate/discussion from true die hard fans

Sun May 09, 2010 12:01 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: Offseason Report
All in all it was a good job....I would agree on the Odrick pick,I was thinking big (dt) or (olb) with that pick. But like you said he is still a good player. The Misi pick....I'm up in the air about that one,I mean he seems like he can play the run and pass as well. I think in picking him they felt that he has the most upside in the fact he wont take as long to coach up as they say. Plus with him playing the run & pass so well he wont have to come out on some downs. The Jerry pick was spot on for me,we needed depth there and know we got it. I think if we had gotten Jones with that pick I would have still been happy,I thought he would be off the board in the 3rd,so good value there. Edds was a surprise to me,I say alot of his games and thought he would make a solid back up (lb) and really make his mark on (sp). I wont chat about the other picks cause I didn't see them play as much as the others. Other than that I think your grade was spot on......IMP

Sun May 09, 2010 4:14 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

here's a questions...do you guys think Odrick still would have been the pick if Williams was still on the board?..I'm wondering if this whole Starks NT thing was slightly fabricated to justify the Odrick pick..... thoughts?

Sun May 09, 2010 4:46 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

paydurt wrote:
here's a questions...do you guys think Odrick still would have been the pick if Williams was still on the board?..I'm wondering if this whole Starks NT thing was slightly fabricated to justify the Odrick pick..... thoughts?

So you think because Williams was gone, Miami picked a guy that they didn't want and made up a new defense to fool people?

Sun May 09, 2010 4:50 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Iowafin wrote:
paydurt wrote:

So you think because Williams was gone, Miami picked a guy that they didn't want and made up a new defense to fool people?

No that's not what I'm saying at all..I'm just curious who was higher on their board Odrick or Williams..This was the first I ever heard of Starks at NT not from the staff or was it ever suggested on any thread here..like jeez we've heard Jason Allen or Sean Smith to safety or Pat White to receiver(or worse QB hehe) Langford to OLB but not once did I ever hear a peep about Starks playing NT until the drafting of Odrick..
So your saying the front office had Starks Penciled in at NT and They would of passed on Williams if the Cards would not of picked him?

Sun May 09, 2010 5:08 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Iowafin wrote:
paydurt wrote:

I think Williams was their first plan, but they knew if he wasn't available, they could try Starks inside and Odrick at end. That's my guess. I don't think they made up a new defense just for Odrick, but i don't think they would have passed on Williams if he were still there.

Sun May 09, 2010 5:59 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

paydurt wrote:

I think Odrick was the guy they wanted all along. They loved him at the Senior Bowl, and he fits the 34 DE mold perfectly. I think the plan was to move Starks to NT all along as well.

Sun May 09, 2010 6:03 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Phins Rock wrote:
paydurt wrote:

I think Odrick was the guy they wanted all along. They loved him at the Senior Bowl, and he fits the 34 DE mold perfectly. I think the plan was to move Starks to NT all along as well.

He was originally signed to play DE and backup NT with the goal to move him to DT down the road.

Sun May 09, 2010 6:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]