View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Ronnie Brown Not Expected to Sign Until June 1st 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Ronnie Brown Not Expected to Sign Until June 1st
Quote:
Ronnie Brown Not Expected to Sign Until June 1st
Thu May 6, 2010
www.ffmastermind.com

The Sun Sentinel reports Miami Dolphins RB Ronnie Brown (foot) likely won’t sign his tender until June 1st, which is the point where the Dolphins can reduce their offer without releasing him first. He’s working with the team now, but his status for minicamp is a bit of a mystery due to the Lisfranc foot injury he suffered in November.

Sat May 08, 2010 2:39 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Ronnie Brown Not Expected to Sign Until June 1st
So what're the rules here? What if he doesn't sign? Does that mean he remains on the team, just not eligible to play? Or is there a point where he becomes unrestricted?

Sat May 08, 2010 3:52 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I just hope what ever they do don't mess it up with him ,like they did JT......ether keep him or see what we can get for him. Lets not drag this thing out and make him feel unwanted,then were're stuck with a unhappy player.

Sat May 08, 2010 4:14 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

phinphan-n-buffalo wrote:
I just hope what ever they do don't mess it up with him ,like they did JT......ether keep him or see what we can get for him. Lets not drag this thing out and make him feel unwanted,then were're stuck with a unhappy player.

NTSA!

Sat May 08, 2010 5:14 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

eleaf wrote:

NTSA!

:shock: What does (NTSA) stand for?

Sat May 08, 2010 5:38 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Quote:

I agree. I would hate to see Ronnie Brown in another uniform other than the Dolphins.

Sat May 08, 2010 5:41 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ronnie knows this is the biggest season of his career. If he is going to sign a big contract he is going to have to stay healthy and he is going to have to play big. The only way I don't see him on the team this year is if some other team makes a good offer for him. Otherwise, I think we sign him on the 1st and deal with his contract next offseason.
:runwiththeball:

Sat May 08, 2010 9:38 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

RB might be the biggest concern on this roster right now. With or without Ronnie Brown we have a group of dinged up aging RBs. This is the position that has the shortest shelf life of any in the NFL. The contact ages players fast. They need to get a deal done for Ronnie pronto!

Sun May 09, 2010 4:46 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

catman_56 wrote:
RB might be the biggest concern on this roster right now. With or without Ronnie Brown we have a group of dinged up aging RBs.

You got that right ....

Quote:
Patrick Cobbs’ Status Uncertain
Thu May 6, 2010 --from FFMastermind.com

The Sun Sentinel reports the status of Miami Dolphins RB Patrick Cobbs (torn ACL) is uncertain.

Sun May 09, 2010 6:32 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

eleaf wrote:

NTSA!

:shock: What does (NTSA) stand for?

Not That S--t Again.

Mon May 10, 2010 5:32 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
catman_56 wrote:
RB might be the biggest concern on this roster right now. With or without Ronnie Brown we have a group of dinged up aging RBs.

You got that right ....

Quote:
Patrick Cobbs’ Status Uncertain
Thu May 6, 2010 --from FFMastermind.com

The Sun Sentinel reports the status of Miami Dolphins RB Patrick Cobbs (torn ACL) is uncertain.

That sucks. Cobbs is a real x-factor for us in Wildcat formations. He can come out of the backfield and make some big catches downfield. The guy always seems to be wide open. I hope he recovers, we could really use him this season. The same goes for Ronnie, we'll be needing him to recover asap!
:boo:

Mon May 10, 2010 10:31 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Iowafin wrote:
So what're the rules here? What if he doesn't sign? Does that mean he remains on the team, just not eligible to play? Or is there a point where he becomes unrestricted?

Not signing it means nothnig. It just means as of June 1st he plays for that tender. By not signing it all it meant was he couldn't be traded at anypoint this offseason up until June 1st. Cause you can't trade a player with an unsigned tender.

So, he won't sign it June 1st. But as of June 1st he plays for what the tender states and is on the team as an active member. He won't be happy. He will want a long-term deal. He won't get one. So he plays unhappy or holds out.

Tue May 11, 2010 12:34 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

wkloiber13 wrote:

That sucks. Cobbs is a real x-factor for us in Wildcat formations. He can come out of the backfield and make some big catches downfield. The guy always seems to be wide open. I hope he recovers, we could really use him this season. The same goes for Ronnie, we'll be needing him to recover asap!
:boo:

Well not sure where any of these reporters pull the info from, figure this regime is pretty tight lipped and the only I know about is an interview that Cobbs did on a local radio show. He said he expects to be ready by the start of the season.

So I guess the only uncertainty would be contract, which as far as I know isnt even up yet... He was never listed on any RFA or UFA sheets I saw.... And I am pretty sure he is signed through the 2010 season...

So expect to see Cobbs this year

Tue May 11, 2010 2:01 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Just thought I would toss this out there,but what if after he signs we trade him for our 2nd next year? After all that's how we got Marshall, right after he signed we scooped him up.....but not his hole family just him this time. :thinking:

Tue May 11, 2010 3:31 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Wouldn't a contract based on performance and number of games played be ideal?

Tue May 11, 2010 3:40 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

1984phins wrote:
Wouldn't a contract based on performance and number of games played be ideal?

Ronnie will never sign that. And he shouldn't. No other player has such a deal.

He wants a long term deal. He is entitled to that. If Miami doesn't want to give it to him so be it. He plays the year, becomes a free agent at seasons end and is on the open market and he will get the pay day he wants.

Tue May 11, 2010 4:16 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Just thought I would toss this out there,but what if after he signs we trade him for our 2nd next year? After all that's how we got Marshall, right after he signed we scooped him up.....but not his hole family just him this time. :thinking:

1) No team will give a 2nd rounder for an injury prone RB

2) Who is gonna play RB for this year in Miami? You want to start a 32 year old RB and back him up with Lex Hilliard and expect to make the playoffs?

I like the notion of trading Ronnie. And if godforbid we start the year like 1-4 or something and a team at the October trading deadline offers us a 3rd rounder or a 4th rounder for him, pull the triger and send him on his way. But other than that trading him makes little sense now

Tue May 11, 2010 4:19 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Flipper wrote:

1) No team will give a 2nd rounder for an injury prone RB

2) Who is gonna play RB for this year in Miami? You want to start a 32 year old RB and back him up with Lex Hilliard and expect to make the playoffs?

I like the notion of trading Ronnie. And if godforbid we start the year like 1-4 or something and a team at the October trading deadline offers us a 3rd rounder or a 4th rounder for him, pull the triger and send him on his way. But other than that trading him makes little sense now

Ok was just a thought I had thats all.....hey any1 know were I can get a Marshall jersey?

Tue May 11, 2010 5:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]