Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

1. Tampa Bay-Jameis Winston-QB-FSU
2. Tennessee-Leonard Williams-DT-USC
3. Jacksonville-Dante Fowler-DE-Florida
4. Oakland-Kevin White-WR-West Virginia
5. Washington-Vic Beasley-OLB-Clemson
6. NY Jets-Trades the pick to Cleveland. Browns select Marcus Mariota-QB-Oregon
7. Chicago-Trades the pick to New Orleans. Saints select Amari Cooper-WR-Alabama
8. Atlanta-Shane Ray-DE/OLB-Mizzou
9. NY Giants-Danny Shelton-NT-Washington
10. St. Louis-Andrus Peat-OT-Stanford
11. Minnesota-Trae Waynes-CB-Mich. St.
12. Cleveland-Trades the pick to NYJ. Jets select Randy Gregory-OLB/DE-Nebraska
13. New Orleans-Trades the pick to Chicago. Bears select Malcolm Brown-DT-Texas

14. Miami-DeVante Parker-WR-Louisville 6'3" 210lbs
And here it is with a little fortune, the ideal scenario where Parker slips to us. One of the most polished receivers in this draft. Parker is a big time playmaker with soft hands, huge wingspan and does his best work when the ball is in the air. Is a true master of his craft.
Worst case scenario the Dolphins would be getting an Hakeem Nicks clone (pre-injury) and if Parker reaches his full potential he could become similar to A.J. Green.
At any rate a true #1 wide receiver that would give this offense some juice.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-pro-compa ... nte-Parker

NFL.com ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Consistently plays with outstanding body control. Soft hands and elite concentration are his calling cards. Credited with just three drops since 2012. Comfortable with a man on his hip. Maintains focus on downfield throws despite hand fighting and bumps. Daunting catch radius. Produces explosive plays without top-end speed. Works his way back to the ball and gets open during scrambles. Consistently high-points his catches and is a snatch-and-secure receiver. Recognizes when to adjust depth of routes over the middle. Has an innate feel for the position. Proved he could come back from injury and regain his form. Maximizes his catch window through body control, extended hands and positioning.

WEAKNESSES Linear and lacking ideal play strength. Has to prove he can beat a more physical brand of press coverage. Very average suddenness out of breaks. Routes are inconsistent and sometimes lack sharpness. Noticeably slower after returning from a broken bone in his foot in 2014. Quick-twitch corners could be his kryptonite. He was not put on this earth to run block.

NFL COMPARISON Hakeem Nicks

BOTTOM LINE Parker does his best work when the ball is in the air. He uses his height and wingspan to consistently snatch anything that comes his way. Parker isn't going to overpower cornerbacks and he will have more contested catches than most explosive wideouts. He has consistently posted eye-popping yards-per-catch numbers during his time at Louisville and showed of solid athleticism at the combine. Parker has the potential to be a legitimate lead receiver for a West Coast offense.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Then I have Hickey making a shrewd trade on day 2 by trading our 47th overall pick in the 2nd round to Arizona for their 2nd rounder #55 and picks 123(4th Rd.) and 197(6th Rd.)
And then the rest of Miami's picks:

2nd Rd. Denzel Perryman-ILB-Miami 5'11" 236lbs
After we trade back 8 spots we still land a starting caliber middle linebacker who lays the lumber when he hits. Perryman has had an outstanding career at the U...boasts great instincts, closing ability and is a tackling machine. He can diagnose the play quickly and work through trash to stick his target. He would turn into an invaluable team leader for the Dolphins. Back in January there was talk of him possibly going in the top 40 picks but his stock has cooled of late. I have him going anywhere from 45 to 60. Lack of height and speed holds his stock a little lower.

Miami ILB Denzel Perryman is a "thumper" and a "badass," said an AFC director of scouting.
"I have a little higher grade on Perryman than I probably should, but we like thumpers and badasses inside, and he's both," the scout said. An AFC regional scout added, "He's the type of guy you like having on your team because he brings toughness to practice." Perryman received a third-round projection from the advisory board last winter but elected to return to school, and now NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah projects him as the No. 30 pick in the first round to the Packers. "Scouts love Perryman's physical, angry playing style -- he's a burly, stout, old-school linebacker who wants to hit the ball carrier," wrote NFL.com colleague Lance Zierlein. "He's more of an early-down linebacker who can make plays against the run but will struggle when isolated in coverage, which limits his ceiling, but he can be a highly productive player in the NFL."

NFL Media analyst Mike Mayock compares Miami ILB Denzel Perryman to Jon Beason.
"Perryman is fun to watch on tape," Mayock said. "He flies around. Reminds me of a Jon Beason. Everybody said he was too small. All he does is make plays." An AFC director of scouting told NFL.com recently that Perryman is a "thumper" and a "badass." The 6-foot, 243-pounder (4.72 forty) may sneak into Round 1 in the spring.

4th Rd. Robert Myers-OG-Tenn. St. 6'5" 326lbs
We are without a 3rd round pick after the Kenny Stills trade so we wait til round 4 to find an up and coming athletic guard to come in and compete for a job inside. Myers is a small school prospect with plus upside. Has climbed draft boards recently. Myers is a powerful lineman with quality footwork and is a polished pass protector.

BOTTOM LINE Myers is already above average from a technical standpoint and is a quick processor when the game speeds up. Myers is a guard prospect who can pull and play in a power scheme. He has the pass protection traits of an NFL starter. The ceiling is higher for Myers than many guard prospects in this draft, and with more coaching and work in the weight room, he should be an NFL starter.
NFL.com

Tennessee State senior G Robert Myers "looked good in position drills" at Tuesday's pro day workout, wrote TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline.
"I'm told Myers met with the Cleveland Browns yesterday and the team told him he's unlikely to get out of the fourth round," Pauline reported. "Tomorrow, he'll be meeting with the Baltimore Ravens." Myers is one of this season's best small school prospects. He's fighting for a late day 2 selection. Mar 11 - 6:38 PM

4th Rd. Charles Gaines-CB-Louisville 5'11" 183lbs
With the additional 4th round pick we got from the Cardinals the Dolphins snag one of the fastest corners in the draft, who also possesses great cover skills. I believe gaines could fight for playing time right away and possibly become a starter by year 2.

STRENGTHS Came to Louisville as wide receiver and has unique feel for what's coming from routes. Outstanding mirror/match work in man coverage. Extremely patient and confident in coverage. Maintains balance and body control in routes. Refuses to overreact or be tilted by head fakes and jab steps within the route. Allows receiver to declare his release before opening from press. Plays on bouncy feet with above-average twitch. Can break off backpedal suddenly and accelerate forward to challenge a throw. Not overly grabby downfield. Reads quarterback, looking for clues to jump throws. Flashes necessary recovery speed. Not fooled by playaction. Instincts above desired mark for cover cornerback.

5th Rd. David Cobb-RB-Minnesota 5'11" 230lbs
With our first of two fifth rounders Miami finds the perfect compliment to the finesse of Lamar Miller. Cobb has been one of my favorite college players. What he lacks in speed he makes up for with instincts and power. Very low center of gravity and can break alot of tackles.
He'll get the hard yard we need on 3rd downs and would become our goal line back.

STRENGTHS Powerful, compact runner with a low center of gravity. Efficient and decisive. Makes defenders miss with slight movement and hand usage. Won't succumb to arm tackles. Gained 54 percent of his yardage after contact from 2013-2014. Patient runner who gets the most from his runs. Has good speed in open field for a back his size. Balance is his friend. Smooth change-of-direction with little wasted motion. Gets low and finishes with leg drive. When he smells the end zone, he wants to eat.

BOTTOM LINE Cobb's YouTube highlights might bore you, but he's custom-made for physical running teams. He has one-cut traits and can play in a gap scheme. Adjusting his style to the speed of the NFL game might take some time, but Cobb's downhill, run-finishing style fits what running games are becoming again and he has a shot to be more than just a complementary back.

5th Rd. Xavier Williams-DT-Northern Iowa 6'2" 315lbs
With our other pick in round 5 we grab a talented developmental defensive tackle to groom behind Suh and Mitchell. Williams plays with a motor and toughness that teams love, this former wrestler knows how to grapple in the trenches.

Northern Iowa senior DT Xavier Williams is "a guy to watch for Day 3," observes ESPN's Mel Kiper.
"A 6-foot-2, 309-pound defensive tackle, Williams was a great high school wrestler, and you can see he knows how to play with leverage, but he can also use his quickness to disrupt," wrote the respected analyst. "I've liked what I've seen because he's disruptive against both the run and the pass -- diagnosing well and not just clogging, but freeing himself to make tackles." Williams had five tackles, two sacks and two deflected passes in Saturday's win against Western Illinois. Last year, he knocked down five passes, a huge number for an interior lineman.
Source: ESPN Insider

CBS Sports' Dane Brugler believes Northern Iowa senior DT Xavier Williams' "foot quickness, athleticism and length allows him to play low with the body control to stay active on his feet."
The analyst passed along that Williams has excelled at East-West Shrine Game practices. Williams, according to Brugler, must improve his strength and snap anticipation. "His long arms stand out immediately as he tries to gain proper hand placement with a motor that doesn't quit revving," Brugler wrote. "The strength of Williams' game is his active feet, but he will need to improve his functional strength to hold up in the NFL as a one-technique tackle. Nonetheless, he took advantage of below average interior line play by the West squad on Tuesday." ESPN's Mel Kiper wrote in the fall that the 6-foot-2, 309-pound Williams is "a guy to watch for Day 3."

6th Rd. Gerald Christian-TE-Louisville 6'3" 244lbs
Yes I know, 3 Louisville Cardinals in one draft???!!! Thats just how it worked out on my board.
Christisn can basically replace what we lost in Charles Clay. He's a smaller h-back that compliments our big tight ends. Good athlete that runs good routes.

NFL COMPARISON Owen Daniels
BOTTOM LINE A competitive, move tight end with an ability to make contested catches that other tight ends will struggle with. While he won't look as natural and fluid as you would expect, the tape shows a guy who can get separation in space. Has traits to be a quality player who brings diversity and toughness to an offense.

6th Rd. Mark Glowinski-OG-West Virginia 6'4" 307lbs
More help on the interior in round 6 with Glowinski,

STRENGTHS Loves to hit the weights. Generates power from his upper body and can get quick wins against weaker interior defenders. Coaches rave about his competitiveness and toughness. Has feet of a former tackle. Smooth skip-pull over the center. Clean pass set out to target and punches with flat feet. Instinctive and aware. Good radar when blocking in space. Consistent with hand placement in run and pass games. NFL.com

West Virginia redshirt senior OG Mark Glowinski "was often discussed by scouts on the sideline" at East-West Shrine Game practices, reported NFL Media draft analyst Lance Zierlein.
"Glowinski had his fair share of scouts surrounding him after each practice and was often discussed by scouts on the sideline," Zierlein wrote. "Glowinski followed up a quality season with a quality week of practice. The quality of offensive linemen at the practices was very hit or miss and Glowinski's easy movement and above-average technique stood out every day. Glowinski played tackle in junior college and figures to offer roster depth and the ability to play multiple positions if needed." The 6-foot-5, 312-pounder was moved from tackle to guard during spring practices in 2013 and will remain there in the pros. Jan 16 - 6:40 PM
Source: NFL.com

Last edited by swerve13 on Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:41 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Nice job, swerve. I like the trade scenario, but I wonder if the value charts show that to be likely... trading 1 pick for 3 like that, I mean. For me, if that went through, I would think we'd try to package some of the lower picks to move back into the third. Still, Parker and Perryman are a good start to the draft!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:44 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Perryman's highlights look right out of a Hollywood football movie. I feel bad for the the players he pummels. :haha

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:53 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

k-dash wrote:
Nice job, swerve. I like the trade scenario, but I wonder if the value charts show that to be likely... trading 1 pick for 3 like that, I mean. For me, if that went through, I would think we'd try to package some of the lower picks to move back into the third. Still, Parker and Perryman are a good start to the draft!

It would cost the Cardinals 80 points to move from 55 to 47. Picks 123 and 197 combine for 64 points, so we'd actually be accepting less trade compensation than we should but it makes the trade possible. My thought is that Arizona will want to come up for either Stephone Anthony or Jay Ajayi. They'd get an instant quality starter in exchange for giving us 2 late picks.

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value ... stTeam=ari

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:59 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Nice job. You think the Jets would pass up Mariota if he was sitting there at 6?

I'm starting to become convinced by you and Tony that Devante Parker will be there at 14 and he will be Miami's selection.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:28 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Nicely done, Mark. I love the Davonte Parker and Denzel Perryman picks. Since Miami traded their 3rd round pick for Stills, they have all ready taken a WR in this draft, but the Dolphins need another young WR to groom with Tannehill for the future since they dismantled their group from last year. We hired Philbin to get that passing offense established in Miami.

Also, we really do not have a starting ILB on this team. We need to invest a high draft pick into one.

I think Marcus Mariotta will not fall below the Jets pick, and I expect him drafted earlier. If anything, Sanchez is just keeping the clipboard warm for Mariotta. He would be a great fit there and would develop quickly in Chip Kelly's offense.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:29 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

jammer wrote:
Nice job. You think the Jets would pass up Mariota if he was sitting there at 6?

I'm starting to become convinced by you and Tony that Devante Parker will be there at 14 and he will be Miami's selection.

Hard to say on both players Jammer. I've read a gazillion different rumors/opinions on Mariota on where he is going.
I don't think that he is a great prospect but teams need quarterbacks. The Jets could very well take him but I believe Bowles is gonna try to see if Geno can progress now with Marshall and Decker to help him.

As for Parker, he could get drafted before it's our turn. I'd say it's 50/50.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:37 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Great set of picks Swerve. I always appreciate your taking the time to do research and post these projections.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:42 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Finhead34 wrote:
Great set of picks Swerve. I always appreciate your taking the time to do research and post these projections.

Thanks Bro!

And Dave, surprisingly all the popular mocks have the Jets passing on Mariota for Beasley and Ray at #6.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/p ... of-promise

Quote:
Todd Bowles is quickly finding out what it's like to be the coach of the New York Jets: You get a lot of quarterback-related questions from the media.
One day after his introductory news conference, Bowles made an appearance Thursday morning on ESPN Radio's Mike & Mike Show. Once again, Bowles was non-committal on Geno Smith, although he was more expansive (and complimentary) of Smith's upside.

"I've only seen very little of him," Bowles said. "He's got a lot of talent and a lot of promise. Remember, he's only played two years. We're going to get in and look at all the games [on film] and see what he does well. You've got to sit down and talk to him, and get a chance to see him live and in person before I make those kind of conclusions."
Bowles agreed that the quarterback position is an open slate. There are only two quarterbacks under contract -- Smith and Matt Simms -- so it's not like he can declare Smith his opening-day starter. We all know there will be one or two significant quarterback additions in the coming months, via free agency and/or the draft.

"It won't be fair to say he is or isn't the quarterback," Bowles said of Smith. "Geno, obviously, is a heck of a football player, but there are things we've got to evaluate and judge as a whole team. It's not just Geno. It's everybody. He's the focus because he's the quarterback, but everybody is going to be judged the same way. It's an open slate on everybody coming in."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:55 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

The ILB pick is a tough one too. Reports were that Philbin is determined to give Misi another crack at it and they've already re-signed his backup Kelvin Sheppard.

But then Mason Foster just said that Miami was the runner up to signing him. So does that mean they are targeting an ILB via FA or draft?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:00 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

jammer wrote:
The ILB pick is a tough one too. Reports were that Philbin is determined to give Misi another crack at it and they've already re-signed his backup Kelvin Sheppard.

But then Mason Foster just said that Miami was the runner up to signing him. So does that mean they are targeting an ILB via FA or draft?

Misi leaves alot to be desired as a linebacker. IMO not nearly in the same class as Perryman. Perryman is smart, instinctive and violent. He punishes the opposition and is the type of player that can take over a game and fire up his teammates. Imagine the freedom he would have playing behind Suh.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:53 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Im kinda worried that the Bill's might take a page out of Ditka's book, and sell the whole draft for a chance at the #2 QB...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:04 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
Im kinda worried that the Bill's might take a page out of Ditka's book, and sell the whole draft for a chance at the #2 QB...

PLEASE , let the Bills make a move like that and mortgage their future. It worked for the Redskins when they traded what 5 picks for RG III? The thing about a QB is nothing is a guarantee that's for sure. However, I think Buffalo is perfectly fine having a QB battle between the younger Manuel and Cassell.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:47 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Finhead34 wrote:
PLEASE , let the Bills make a move like that and mortgage their future. It worked for the Redskins when they traded what 5 picks for RG III? The thing about a QB is nothing is a guarantee that's for sure. However, I think Buffalo is perfectly fine having a QB battle between the younger Manuel and Cassell.

I'm not sure if it was the injury or not with him. However, I have never been a fan of one yr wonders at the QB position in college.. The yr before RGIII was considered a WR in the NFL.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:19 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Great job Mark. Those 1st 2 picks are in line with what I am thinking as well. I think it will be either Perryman or Stephone Anthony in the 2nd round. So hard to try to figure trades, but I do believe Miami will be active.

Charles Gaines is a kid that Omar Kelly loves and he is a former wide receiver, so you know he got ball skills. Not the most physical guy, but he is a very good cover corner.

David Cobb is a very nice RB. Cameron-Artis Payne, the RB from Auburn is a kid I am looking at. 5'10, 212 lbs and gained over 1600 yards in the SEC. Plenty of tread left on his tires.

Xavier Williams is a DT that I looked at, but I have sort of zeroed in on Kaleb Eulls out of Mississippi State.

Overall nice job.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:07 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

wow just watched the highlight reel on Perryman... i dont care what we have to do to get him, that dudes gonna be a star.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:05 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Quote:
Dolphins DC Kevin Coyle and coach Joe Philbin both reportedly want to keep Koa Misi at middle linebacker.
Per the Miami Herald, there's a "spirited debate" inside the Dolphins about where Misi fits best. His lackluster 2014 performance in the middle suggests moving back out to the strong side might be in the team's best interest. Miami's new personnel department led by Mike Tannenbaum reportedly wants Misi at outside linebacker, and for Kelvin Sheppard to get a shot at the Mike.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:31 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Quote:
The Cleveland Plain Dealer's Mary Kay Cabot believes the Browns are not done upgrading at quarterback, and expects the team to target either Oregon QB Marcus Mariota or current Eagles QB Sam Bradford.
It's no secret by now that the Browns previously tried to trade the No. 19 overall pick for Bradford, first to the Rams and (allegedly) later to the Eagles. Specifically, Cabot writes that she thinks the Browns "will try to trade up to draft Marcus Mariota, and I also think they could make another run at Sam Bradford." If the Eagles are willing to deal Bradford as rumored, they would presumably want both of Cleveland's first-round picks with eyes on getting to No. 2 overall, where Mariota is likely to be selected.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:56 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Quote:
Miami ILB Denzel Perryman "can be a highly productive NFL player but [his] ceiling looks to be limited," observed NFL Media draft analyst Lance Zierlein.
The analyst ranks Perryman No. 6 amongst linebackers. "Early-down linebacker who can make plays against the run but will struggle if isolated in coverage," Zierlein wrote. "Perryman is a lunch-pail worker who enjoys the physical part of the game." For those reasons, Zierlein likens Perryman to D'Qwell Jackson. "I have a little higher grade on Perryman than I probably should, but we like thumpers and badasses inside and he's both," said an AFC director of scouting.

-Rotoworld

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:39 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I would much rather see Perryman burst on to the scene ILB vs going another injury riddled season by taking a chance at Misi. Energy and hard nosed aggressive style is what we need, not just a serviceable player.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:22 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Finhead34 wrote:
I would much rather see Perryman burst on to the scene ILB vs going another injury riddled season by taking a chance at Misi. Energy and hard nosed aggressive style is what we need, not just a serviceable player.

Perryman can become the next Sam Mills.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:24 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

swerve13 wrote:
Finhead34 wrote:

Perryman can become the next Sam Mills.

Thats how I feel too.

Thanks Swerve. Thats an awesome Mock.

Does anyone know if the Phins have shown interest in Perryman?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:39 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Quote:
Denzel Perryman convo will be interesting for Dolphins
The Senior Bowl is in full swing and Miami Dolphins general manager Dennis Hickey will address the media from Mobile, Ala., today. (Check back for updates on that).

One player Hickey and the Dolphins want to talk to is University of Miami middle linebacker Denzel Perryman, who is a very popular man at the Senior Bowl.

Perryman, the Hurricanes' leading tackler the past couple of years, told reporters Tuesday he had talked to or planned to meet with the Dolphins, Packers, Raiders, Broncos, Panthers, Eagles and Bucs. And that was only after one day in Mobile.

Clearly, the kid is going to be drafted. And he's likely to go somewhere in the second or third round.

But here's the thing:
Drafting Denzel Perryman is going to require a long and thoughtful debate in Miami because while Hickey doesn't often mind drafting players that do not meet prototypical size and speed requirements -- Jarvis Landry is an example -- his right hand man Eric Stokes, Miami's assistant general manager, is a strong proponent of drafting players who meet height, weight, speed requirements.

And Perryman does not meet those requirements.
Perryman on Tuesday was measured at the Senior Bowl at 5-10 1/2 which is obviously smaller than the 6-foot mark the University of Miami listed him at on their roster. Even if Perryman had cracked reached the 6-foot stripe he would be considered an undersized linebacker.

And I know what you are already muttering ...

Zach Thomas was a smallish linebacker at only 5-11 and he was outstanding.

That is true. But Thomas had a heart and motor like Secretariat. He was also quicker than people gave him credit for. And he worked endless hours to hone his craft -- studying ways to improve his body, studying opponents and others who played his position.

Is that Perryman?

I don't know. I do know this: Zach Thomas was a fifth-round draft pick.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:37 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Excellent point about Zach. He was the consummate professional.

The two have similar size but that is why Zach was taken in the 5th because you never know what a man will make of himself when he gets to the pros.

Perryman plays very big for his size & hopefully he convinces the Dolphins brass that he intends to put in the work at the next level. I'd like him to justify the 2nd round risk & eventually be Misi's replacement

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:25 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I personally don't like Perryman as a MLB, I think he is more of a 3-4 ILB, the thumper in a 3-4, or a SLB in a 4-3, his coverage is clearly lacking, his change of direction isn't good, he's not a space player, he is best attacking the line of scrimmage.

Iow, not like Zach at all in his strengths and weaknesses, Zach was a pure MLB coming out of college, Perryman isn't, he's a line crasher.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:00 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

Quote:
Louisville WR DeVante Parker will visit the Browns, according to Tony Grossi.
No date was attached. The Browns will absolutely be in the market for a receiver this year after failing to address the position last year and banking on Josh Gordon. There have been reports the team was interested in Brandin Cooks, but obviously that did not happen. Parker excels in contested situations and in the red zone.
Source: Tony Grossi on Twitter

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]