View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Kory Sheets has the speed for the Wild Cat 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Kory Sheets has the speed for the Wild Cat
When we signed Sheets last year after Ronnie's injury, I was waiting to see him in the Wild Cat as I just had this feeling he would be a perfect fit for it. We never saw it and I was confused by the end of the season. It wouldn't have hurt to see them try it a couple times as we should have used Patrick Turner.

Omar Kelly wrote:
Kory Sheets’ speed was one of the few things that jumps out at you just watching the pawns get moved across the board. He can get to the edges on stretch runs with ease, which makes me think he’d make an excellent Wildcat (the guy who runs the end around…think what Ricky Williams did when Ronnie Brown was the triggerman). But if that was the case why didn’t the Dolphins use Sheets in that role when Brown suffered his foot injury, and the Wildcat was limping on one leg late last season? Sheets needs to find a role on special teams to make the 53-man roster because Patrick Cobbs and Lex Hilliard contribute more to the team right now.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_fo ... l+Blogs%29

Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:15 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: Kory Sheets has the speed for the Wild Cat
I think he will have to show more than just speed, to see some real playing time. If he can make the 53 roster then he might get a shot at some wild cat plays......

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:55 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
We never saw it and I was confused by the end of the season.

I found myself being confused after quite a few games. Timeouts for no reason, poor time management, poor player management...hopefully the coaching staff figures some stuff out.

Since the new regime has taken over, they've only played in a dome once...and they got creamed by Atlanta. This year they face Minnesota...an even more hostile dome. Will they be prepared?

Back to Sheets, I have my money on him not even making the team.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:55 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Sparano mentioned Sheets as being in the mix to be the kick off returner, along with RGM and Julius Pruitt.

Sheets came from a spread offense and his all around game is just not that polished, blocking assignments, blitz pickups, he also has to make plays in kick coverage, Sheets was used to just being handed the ball and it shows in his lack of skill at being a all around Rb.

Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]